Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-11, 14:13   Link #1
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Something new and light-hearted

Actually I don't know what to watch in this winter season, so probably you know which of the new series would suit to my description. It might be also some series from 2006, not licensed in the US, so I could download it from torrents. I'd also like it to be 12-26 episodes long.

I like anime with a good plot, a good humor and many girls (or at least two of these qualities). It shouldn't be too futuristic. It might be romance, but not a classic harem (both male or female), where everybody loves an ordinary main character for nothing, and not a plain love story which you can describe as "they meet each other, fall in love, start to date, get married and live a happy life after that". Please, no yaoi, but shoujo-ai and yuri are ok. Magic is welcomed, but is not a necessity. Oh, and it shouldn't be too "kawaii", I'd like to see something more or less mature.

The list of my favorite series (not all of them):

Ah! My Goddess!
Aria
My HiME
My Otome
Mahou Tsukai Tai
Card Captor Sakura
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Read or Die
The Rose of Versailles

Now watching:

Death Note
Hataraki Man
Red Garden

And here is the list of all anime I've seen. It's quite long.

Spoiler for 119 titles:

Thanks in advance.
Old 2007-01-11, 15:15   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

not the most lighthearted of things, but definitely chech out Kanon (ongoing). Girls - check. Good plot - check. Some humour - check. The humour is not exactly in abundance, but at least it is funny when it is there.

Erementar Gerad - romance/adventure/fantasy. It has it's dramatic moments, but overall nothing too drastic. Humour - most definitely, and the romance here is pretty good, and you can clearly see the relationship grow and develop over time.

Full Metal Panic! - comedy/mecha/some romance

Canvas 2 - one of the better harem shows out there (well, it is a triangle instead of harem, but there are a lot of other girls present)
Shuffle!
Da Capo
Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~

^ all of the above have some drama at the final eps, but then again - most shows do
Old 2007-01-11, 15:47   Link #3
Nidas

Definitely Haibane Renmei imo
Old 2007-01-11, 16:40   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You might enjoy Saiunkoku Monogatari, an historical romance set in a country that looks a lot like T'ang or Ming China. While the story has a lot of plot, there are also many comedic elements as well. I'm though about episode nine or so and enjoying it quite a bit. It's still airing in Japan with 39 episodes scheduled; at the moment 1-24 are available in fansubs.
Old 2007-01-12, 08:53   Link #5
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried watching Erementar Gerad and Haibane Renmei. Both seem to be nice, but not exactly what I wanted. Will check the others later.
Closed Thread