AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-08, 22:52   Link #1
iamtheSOUND
Human Victory Cigar

I'm on the search and two floors high...

I've always been a fan of Anime but I've only seen series on either A) Video Games or B) What's "In". Here's my list of what I liked and didn't like.

LIKE:
Bleach - Been watching it since it started. I liked the series early but over time, especially the Bounto stuff, I stopped becoming interested in it. I still watch it though.
Darkstalkers - Saw it pretty much just because I liked the games. It was decent.
Naruto - Yeah... I guess the characters interest me but I haven't seen an episode since like, 150. One thing I seriously dislike about Naruto though is the 14 hours they spend during flashbacks. Sometimes they'd have a fight go on for like, 2 months due to the long ass flashbacks.
Ninja Scroll - Probably my favorite out of the bunch. Jubei is a total bad ass. The characters in this one just got weirder and weirder but it worked.
Rurouni Kenshin - I'd put this second. I saw every episode and I loved it. I just wish there was more of a story after the 2nd season. Still a great series with a bunch of great characters.
Samurai Champloo - Loved it. I loved the whole adventure feel to it. It wasn't a series that took place in a town or anything. They'd travel all over the place and meet up with some people and the fights were pretty damn nice.

DIS-LIKED
Disgaea - Eh... that junk was boring.
FLCL - A lot of people liked it really didn't interest me. Or maybe I just didn't understand it.
Peacemaker Kurogane - Bah, this was also boring. Only reason I finished watching it was because I had spent a while downloading it.
Samurai 7 - After like, 12 episodes it got really boring and stupid.
Street Fighter - Love the game, hated the Anime. Only thing I liked was the Alpha movie. The rest was boring.

Never Finished
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - I think I saw 4 or 5 episodes. It wasn't too good IMO.
Magic Knight Rayearth - I don't know how many episodes I've seen but I'd say about 30 or so. This was pretty much the series that got me into Anime. Heh, I dunno why.
YuYu Hakusho - I never got to the conclusion of the tournament. I liked what I saw though.

I'm Watching
Busou Renkin - Nice so far.

That's pretty much it. Any help would be nice!

PS - Title topic = Lyrics from song.
Old 2007-01-09, 01:31   Link #2
Cetra
Banned

Should definitely check out Trigun if you liked Rurouni Kenshin. Check out the Samurai X OAVs (Trust and Betrayal and Reflection) as well if you haven't already. I'd be surprised if you haven't seen the OAVs and Trigun, but those are the only things I can think of that I'm 99% sure you'd like.
Old 2007-01-09, 02:00   Link #3
jedinat

I second Trigun and Trust and Betrayal (not Reflection)

And here are a couple more to start out with:
Juuni Kokuki
Onegai Teacher
Hellsing
Haibane Renmei
Noir
Fruits Basket
Gundam SEED
Aishiteruze Baby
Azumanga Daiou
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Kino no Tabi
Elfen Lied
RahXephon
Seikai no Monshou
Midori no Hibi
Those are among the best.
Old 2007-01-09, 02:40   Link #4
iamtheSOUND
Human Victory Cigar

I guess I'll try to watch more Trigun. I did see a few eps when CN was showing it. Thanks guys.

Anymore suggestions? Any stuff that's on this site? Maybe I should've added I'm looking for stuff that isn't really popular like the stuff I mentioned.
Old 2007-01-09, 04:02   Link #5
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Fullmetal Alchemist
Erementar Gerad
Tsubasa Chronicle + Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Series (3rd season coming soon)
Utawarerumono

Code Geass (ongoing)
Death Note (ongoing)
D.Gray-man (ongoing)
Old 2007-01-09, 04:25   Link #6
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Black Lagoon - Has some pretty unique characters like Ninja Scroll and alot of badasses as well.

Cowboy Bebop - Creator also made Champloo, Cowboy Bebop is vastly superior in my opinion. Took me forever before I saw this. Hate cowboys, hate bebop, figured id hate Cowboy Bebop. But its about bounty hunters .

Berserk - Not the best animation and it ends with no resolution forcing you to read the manga to know what happens but it has an amazing dark story with interesting characters, lots of action and violence, and a fantastic soundtrack...aside from intro and ending songs.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Old 2007-01-09, 04:51   Link #7
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheSOUND View Post
Any stuff that's on this site?
These can be found on the site... and are all worth at least a look:
Aishiteruze Baby
Code Geass
Death Note
Emma
Freedom
Gakuen Alice
Ghost Hunt
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Honey & Clover
Hunter x Hunter
Kekkaishi
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Ouran High School Host Club
REC
Red Garden
Simoun
Tenshi na Konamaiki
The Third
Twin Spica
Zegapain

(I'm in a mood for lists today )
Old 2007-01-09, 04:58   Link #8
iamtheSOUND
Human Victory Cigar

Thanks a lot peeps. I've decided on...

Trigun (Thanks Cetra)
Fruits Basket (Thanks jedinat)
Tsubasa Chronicle (Thanks Skyfall)
Black Lagoon (Thanks Bandersnatch)

I'm starting with Black Lagoon. Again, thanks.

EDIT: Damn, I had to add Death Note. That junk looks raw too.
Old 2007-01-09, 07:24   Link #9
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

If you like Naruto and Bleach, you should definitely try Full Metal Alchemist (skyfall mentioned it before). Plenty of action, interesting story, enjoyable characters and this one actually ends!!! (I hated bleach and naruto because it kept going and going and going...)

I'd also try Full metal panic. Action mixed in with comedy, mech's (you didn't list any anime that had them and most people associated mech's with Gundam, then get put off by the genre all together) and it's lengthy (3 seasons now).

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, It's a little strange (not FLCL strange) but if you want to know what's in at the moment, this one is pretty darn popular. It's comedy/school life/sci-fi (ish). Seems as though you prefer anime with alot of action but this one will probably swing you to try other genre's.

I'd also seriously give Honey and Clover a try, I've only seen the first 8 episodes, though at first I thought this was going to be one of those over-hyped anime (most people seem to like this one) it's actually meeting expectations.
Old 2007-01-09, 07:41   Link #10
iamtheSOUND
Human Victory Cigar

I was never really into mech/sci fi, I should've said that. My apologies. I saw Last Exile and was turned off right away from all the mech stuff. It's another reason I stopped watching Samurai 7.

As you see most of the stuff I like has a lot of awkward characters and lots of action. I'm really diggin' Burou Renkin right now too. I've only seen 11 episodes but the amount of characters introduced in such a short amount of time is awesome. They're all very unique and likable. Even the villains. Heh. I will try Honey and Clover though. When jedinat listed it I thought about it but now that I have a second opinion, I might as well go ahead and watch it.
Old 2007-01-14, 14:34   Link #11
iamtheSOUND
Human Victory Cigar

I just finished Black Lagoon. Quick, huh? Heh. It was alright. I thought it'd be more of a "one big story" kind of thing though. Not a bunch of 2 episode stories. And Dutch and Benny could've been used more. Balalaika was real boring, too. I'd give it 6/10.

Suggestions are still welcome!
Old 2007-01-14, 16:24   Link #12
MamoruUsagi

Romance anime/manga where the couples are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series. There are lots of romance anime/manga where the couples get married, have lots of kissing, get engaged and are dating for a long time and in a relationship.

Bokura ga Ita
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Happy Hustle High
Mars
Kare First Love
Sailor Moon
Wild Act
Peach Girl
Missile Happy!
High School Debut
Marmalade Boy
Fushigi Yugi
Bokura ga Ita
The Devil Does Exist
Mars
Akuma De Sourou
Kare Kano
Kodocha
Absolute Boyfriend
Paradise Kiss
Love Attack
Ultra Cute

Fushigi Yugi manga is much longer than the anime with more kissing, more sex, more engagements, more weddings.

Sailor Moon has the couple as boyfriend/girlfriend and dating during the series, they get married, have a child. 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series.

I like a lot of series that are like Beverly Hills, 90210. I love romance, drama, lots of kissing, marriage, weddings. I love those kinds of series.

Do you like anime/manga where there are couples that are dating and in a relationship with lots of kissing and weddings, engagements, marriages? If you do, there are many great ones.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-25 at 17:02.
Old 2007-01-14, 18:16   Link #13
iamtheSOUND
Human Victory Cigar

Eh, I don't mind relationships or anything but I'd like some action. I think I've seen about 100 Sailor Moon eps, too. My sister used to go to some Anime store down here and buy a bunch of Sailor Moon S (Is that what it was called?) videos. Heh.
Closed Thread