AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-12, 01:01   Link #741
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So is Demon God (Laplace) and Beast God (Giger). Which are both long dead.
Laplace was sealed, not killed. Unless there is something I don't understand about sealing in Mushoku Tensei because its mechanics around sealing don't make sense, Laplace should not be dead.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-14, 11:28   Link #742
Frontier

I'm glad that Eris can now live out her fantasy of being an adventurer, slaying monsters and living out in the wilderness. She's still worried about her family and getting him, but at least she's enjoying herself .

Who knew fooling people about the Superd was as simple as hair dye? They didn't even cover up the Third Eye. But I guess when Ruijerd is apparently a really infamous Superd, it's good to be as much on the down-low as possible .

Becoming an Adventurer is a staple of this genre, so not surprised our protagonists would go in that direction to earn money. Gotta keep Rudy employed .

Rudy living out his Chuuni fantasy with that intro. Eris looked really cute in that cat cloak as well .

I'm impressed with how committed they are to the Demon Language to where practically the Demons speak it exclusively. Any other anime would probably have everyone default to Japanese at this point .

Eris is still Eris, hot-tempered and quick to violence, but luckily Rudy is there to prevent her from killing anyone. It was sweet how much she treasured that gift from him though .

Looks like that Man-God is going to continually visit Rudy to offer unsolicited but helpful advice .

Rudy and company's quest to find a lost cat ends up stumbling into an animal kidnapping ring, which also ends with one of the crooks' heads flying off because Ruijerd has an extremely serious black and white view of morality when it comes to dealing with "villains." Eris merely goes along with whatever Rudy wants, so it doesn't matter to her whether they kill them or work with them. I feel like Rudy is going to have his hands full keeping this group in check .

I thought Rudy was going to turn the crooks in and collect the reward money for the lost pets, but instead he's going to use them to do the jobs Dead End can't at their current rake, spread their good word, and reap the profits. Sound business strategy .
Old 2021-03-14, 12:40   Link #743
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ah, the legendary "three boobies". I haven't seen any scene focusing on that since Arnold Schwarzenegger's Total Recall .

Also, forget about the Superd race, that horse-man freaked me the F out considering how many times such creature has been used exclusively in hentai .

It is good that the story took the time to focus on the everyday economy. I always like that in a fantasy. No more ambiguous amount of money. We know how much money the characters need to survive and we see the protags find ways to earn more in this harsh environment. Speaking of which, Rujierd surely needs to be more street-smart to make his life easier (and here I thought he was gonna be the street-smart one). Poor Rudy has his work cut out for him.

Also, I think animation took a bit of a dive. I see some inconsistent and chaotic shadow & shading in some scenes as well as some jittery movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm impressed with how committed they are to the Demon Language to where practically the Demons speak it exclusively. Any other anime would probably have everyone default to Japanese at this point .
I still remember Majestic Prince which was really committed to the villains' Wulgaru alien language from beginning to end. On a lesser note, there's also Hataraku Maou-sama with the Ente Islan language.
Old 2021-03-14, 13:05   Link #744
maximilianjenus
[E]

they should have shown the world map bu now, just in case i will 0ut discussion about the world size and geography between Spoilers, in case they show it in the future.
Spoiler for geography:

overall, because of what has been shown in the 2019 pv, i was expecting this episodes content to gte skipped, glad to see that was not the case. my theory is that they can end this season at any event because of a certain timeline independent cliffhanger, but that wont even be necessary as the next episode is a nice stop point too.

its pretty nice to see scenes from the pv show up in the anime, that makes me think of their production method as some scenes from this and next season ( including its final fight ) have already been animated.
so, rumours of the next, next season already being in the works are sound.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-14, 13:17   Link #745
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
they should have shown the world map bu now, just in case i will 0ut discussion about the world size and geography between Spoilers, in case they show it in the future.
Spoiler for geography:

overall, because of what has been shown in the 2019 pv, i was expecting this episodes content to gte skipped, glad to see that was not the case. my theory is that they can end this season at any event because of a certain timeline independent cliffhanger, but that wont even be necessary as the next episode is a nice stop point too.

its pretty nice to see scenes from the pv show up in the anime, that makes me think of their production method as some scenes from this and next season ( including its final fight ) have already been animated.
so, rumours of the next, next season already being in the works are sound.
to be clear this anime is a split cour, it is a 23 episodes, 11 being aired on this season, and they will get a pause of 6 months to work then or the remains 12 episodes will come in the october season or at the start of next year, ofcourse a new season with more 23 or maybe 24 episodes can be announced during this period, this serie have enough material to have many seasons as they want, or to be more fair they would have so far like 5 or 6 seasons each one with from 24 to 26 and maybe not have finished the full novel if they don't start to rush stuffs, it could also literally be a full long run series and still need at last 2 to 3 years to finish all.
Old 2021-03-14, 13:48   Link #746
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
to be clear this anime is a split cour, it is a 23 episodes, 11 being aired on this season, and they will get a pause of 6 months to work then or the remains 12 episodes will come in the october season or at the start of next year
The second cour should start airing in July, since the bluray with those episodes is coming out in October already.
Old 2021-03-14, 14:48   Link #747
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
The second cour should start airing in July, since the bluray with those episodes is coming out in October already.
hmmm then the pause willl be short than what i was expectating.
Old 2021-03-14, 15:54   Link #748
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I am also impressed and actually like that.
It gives a sense of individuality as well as signify the difference of culture and the overall "World Building" (since a whole world or even a single continent having the same language spoken throughout is really odd and unlikely to happen).

Most of the Isekai series in general just make it so that the MC (or those who have been reborn/summoned) get a Cheat Skill of Auto-Translation, which while makes the story easy to write, but doesn't focus of the difference of culture aspect. Or else, they just make the other regional character speak in different dialects of Japanese.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-14, 19:16   Link #749
Applehell

Eris is seriously unhinged isn't she? Maybe its a point how childish her mind is but she's pretty much Rudy's yesman will literally beat up for even the slight disagreement with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I am also impressed and actually like that.
It gives a sense of individuality as well as signify the difference of culture and the overall "World Building" (since a whole world or even a single continent having the same language spoken throughout is really odd and unlikely to happen).

Most of the Isekai series in general just make it so that the MC (or those who have been reborn/summoned) get a Cheat Skill of Auto-Translation, which while makes the story easy to write, but doesn't focus of the difference of culture aspect. Or else, they just make the other regional character speak in different dialects of Japanese.
The language here is just japanese made up with some script tho like pretty much most fake isekai. Its hardly impressive, nor is it the only way to show world culture. Besides the demons here just demi-humans whom despite being different tribe all speak demon god tongue anyway. Its nice flavor but not much more that you get out of most fantasy stories.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-14, 23:42   Link #750
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Eris is seriously unhinged isn't she? Maybe its a point how childish her mind is but she's pretty much Rudy's yesman will literally beat up for even the slight disagreement with him.
I don't know if I'd say she's unhinged so much as she's emotionally unstable because of her age and how she was raised, and she really only has Rudy to lean on as both a friend and as her tutor who protected her.

I am wondering if eventually one of her outbursts is going to buy her a check she can't cash, even with her sword skills, or something Rudy can't solve with his healing. I was half-expecting her to get arrested for assault, but that kind of brawling might be the norm for adventurers .
Quote:
The language here is just japanese made up with some script tho like pretty much most fake isekai. Its hardly impressive, nor is it the only way to show world culture. Besides the demons here just demi-humans whom despite being different tribe all speak demon god tongue anyway. Its nice flavor but not much more that you get out of most fantasy stories.
I think it being similar to Japanese is probably for the sake of the seiyuu performing it, but I think the fact that they've committed to it to that extent and to where it takes up most of their dialogue in a believable way is pretty impressive .

Of course that's also not the only way the show is world-building, but it's still neat .
Old 2021-03-15, 00:33   Link #751
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, doesn't really make any difference that it's similar to Japanese. It's incredibly difficult to make a new language that's even remotely believable. What they made is distant enough, and I agree that it's really impressive that they're holding to it so strongly, having every demon speak in the language. It does indeed add substantially to the immersion, and is something that's rarely done to any significant extent, largely because it is extremely difficult to pull off well. Best you usually get is "Esrever", where they just turn the words around so it doesn't sound like English/Japanese anymore (I remember in Outbreak Company for instance a lot of the "foreign" language was just reversed words, such as servants calling their masters "Retsam"). And there seems to be a lot of effort in setting up the entire place, not just the language. The world itself shows a lot of distinction from place to place and people to people, though large cities are a little more generic, as would be expected of commercial centers that cater to a broad variety of groups.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 01:31   Link #752
maximilianjenus
[E]

if you got pissed off at eris for beating up the kids, the language trick worked. at first eris seems to have an unreasonable reaction to the kids looking for friendship, but then you realize she does not speak the language and from her perspective she is suddenly assaulted by a person she does not even know, of course she is pissed.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 03:27   Link #753
Tenzen12

Quote:
Eris is super violatile and violent by default and beat anyone for slightest reason even if it has nothing to do with Rudeus. In contrary her having close to absolute trust in him means she now can be stopped...

Quote:
Which make perfect sense though. Demon God Laplace unified all demons tribes and language they speak is called Demon God language. So it certainly does mirror this world culture and history.
Old 2021-03-15, 06:01   Link #754
Huh...?

Quote:
Well, the reason Eris has become Rudy's Yes-man so that she could have an emotional support.
I mean, she had been accepting Rudy as he is and known him for like 3+ years now. And suddenly after getting thrown to an unknown place, while she is behaving as she does normally (which is her nature), she is still uncomfortable with their current situation. And having someone like Rudy beside her, who had helped her previously in a similar situation (during that Kidnapping incident), she is emotionally more dependent on him.

Also, she didn't really beat-up anyone just because of slight disagreement to Rudy. It was because they had accidentally damaged something that Rudy had given her (again the point of Eris being emotionally dependent on Rudy is being focused in this part).
As for those demon tribes people in that pet-kidnapping case, well anyone would become a bit violent when someone they know get beaten up. As for why she didn't react much when Ruijerd beheaded that demon, its most-likely because she is a Noble, and already knows those kind of stuff is common (Rudy only has problem with killing is because he still has some cultural notions from current Japan).

Quote:
It might be a modified/made-up Japanese language with fake Isekai elements, but the main point is "differentiation" and the feel it brings to the story.
Take the example of other fictional languages in media, like in Star Wars or Star Trek or Avatar. The fictional languages in those series were also created by breaking and modifying known languages around the world. All of that, to create a more realistic feel that the ones talking are from a different culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ah, the legendary "three boobies". I haven't seen any scene focusing on that since Arnold Schwarzenegger's Total Recall .
This might seem interesting then
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...n/Multiboobage

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2021-03-15 at 06:12.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 07:26   Link #755
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 09:05.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 11:56   Link #756
grecefar

No need of sex or something like that to have a good chapter, I enjoyed this chapter a lot.

So is more rare to have green hair that the third eye in the forehead, well that was more easy than I thought.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 12:22   Link #757
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
It might be a modified/made-up Japanese language with fake Isekai elements, but the main point is "differentiation" and the feel it brings to the story.
Take the example of other fictional languages in media, like in Star Wars or Star Trek or Avatar. The fictional languages in those series were also created by breaking and modifying known languages around the world. All of that, to create a more realistic feel that the ones talking are from a different culture.
Indeed. Same with Hymmnos from the Ar Tonelico series, all the languages in the Dark Crystal universe (and originally the entire movie was done with everyone talking in such morphed languages to increase the otherworldly feel). There really aren't very many people that can create entirely new languages the way Tolkien did, so frankly it's not fair to demand that much before you're willing to acknowledge something.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 14:17   Link #758
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW

NSFW
How are the 2 pictures above the wrap any less NSFW than the others?
Those two are definitely NSFW

PS: I put them under wraps for my quote.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-03-15 at 14:43.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 15:48   Link #759
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Indeed. Same with Hymmnos from the Ar Tonelico series, all the languages in the Dark Crystal universe (and originally the entire movie was done with everyone talking in such morphed languages to increase the otherworldly feel). There really aren't very many people that can create entirely new languages the way Tolkien did, so frankly it's not fair to demand that much before you're willing to acknowledge something.
As an aside, David Peterson did a video for WIRED about the languages he created for The Game of Thrones. It was interesting to hear about his process.

YouTube

No conlang is created in a vacuum, they're all based on real world language mechanics. JRR Tolkien's Quenya for example was phonetically based on Latin as well as a few other real languages.
Old 2021-03-15, 17:09   Link #760
Rasty

^^ Agreed, also if I were to choose two most NSFW images I would swap the 2nd and 4th.

Because everyone there seems to love the demon language I am gonna complain about it (just for the sake of diversity, of course). If you are fluent in JP having a whole episode in gibberish is much more tiring, especially with the stylized font of subtitles they chose. I can imagine that most other anime default to JP later on not because of insufficient imagination, but because viewers would hate this. Of course, if you are reading ENG subtitles anyway it doesn't matter.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, isekai