AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-15, 09:30   Link #41
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I actually find most of the artwork in the anime to be superior to the manga (especially Shion's step-mother - she's so much more beautiful!) with the only exception being Shion herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiseki_gurl View Post
^ Meh. I found the anime artwork inconsistent at times but that's just me.
Studio Deen is known for poor, sloppy animation at times and inconsistent artwork and this series is no exception. There is one point where Shion's neck turns into a stick when they zoom in on her head.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 14:47   Link #42
kiseki_gurl
:.:A2M Staff Member:.:

^ Yeah I noticed that too.

A little off-topic but is there anything else essential that you know about Studio Deen (like their reputation). All I know is that they did Fate/Stay Night and Higurashi that's it...
kiseki_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 21:34   Link #43
flick
電脳コイル'd

Spoiler for episode1:
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 22:38   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Good start. Seemed a little tougher to me than the manga, but I've only read the part of the manga that was covered by the last 20 minutes of this ep.

My reaction to the art/animation was a little negative, too, but I think Studio Deen has a decent reputation. They do a lot of work and have have done some rather sketchy things (Amenaideyo, Code-E) and some quite good things (Maria-sama ga Miteru, Simoun, Jigoku Shoujo, Touka Gettan).

I thought that the voices were good. I'd heard but not noticed Mizuno Risa (the girl in the seifuku) and thought she was effective. As of course were Kawasumi Ayako and, especially, Paku Romi.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 01:31   Link #45
darlliu

Spoiler:
darlliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 11:36   Link #46
SinsI

Well, first subbed version is out courtesy of Shoku-dan. Translation seems a little bit too frivolous to me, with big and small errors and deviations everywhere. I'm waiting for some other subber.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 11:41   Link #47
ipernorris

Ok the killer is the old guy shown after the two policemen. His face is pretty much identical to the killer: case solved, the series is pointless now.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 12:05   Link #48
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Ok the killer is the old guy shown after the two policemen. His face is pretty much identical to the killer: case solved, the series is pointless now.
Sorry, the series doesn't quite work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Well, first subbed version is out courtesy of Shoku-dan. Translation seems a little bit too frivolous to me, with big and small errors and deviations everywhere. I'm waiting for some other subber.
The t/l is just plain bad. There are made up lines everywhere with random words picked out of the Japanese used to make it look real. Absolutely wait for another group if you are planning to watch this.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 13:19   Link #49
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Sorry, the series doesn't quite work that way.
Uhm I compared the two guys and they seem the same person to me. Ok I know the girl has to become the champion of this game and then there will be the "unbelievable" revelation.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 13:43   Link #50
SATAN
Forged in christian blood

Send a message via MSN to SATAN
Ha! Yet another pulp anime for a foolish audience. I won't be wasting my time on this one.

Avoid like the plague.
SATAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 15:27   Link #51
kiseki_gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
Ha! Yet another pulp anime for a foolish audience. I won't be wasting my time on this one.

Avoid like the plague.
And how is Shion no Ou a pulp anime again?

I really wish Studio Deen wouldn't have emphasized the whole murder mystery aspect of Shion no Ou. Most people seem to be missing the point of the series which is basically about Shion's strong desire to play Shougi no matter what. It's sad to see so many negative reviews about this show based on the first impressions of most people. Oh well, hopefully it'll get better.
Old 2007-10-18, 15:32   Link #52
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiseki_gurl View Post
And how is Shion no Ou a pulp anime again?
I have a simple answer: don't feed the troll.

(and maybe watch the message history of the subject, next time you try to answer to a provocation )
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 15:54   Link #53
kiseki_gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
I have a simple answer: don't feed the troll.

(and maybe watch the message history of the subject, next time you try to answer to a provocation )
Message history? Wha? .

I know people have mentioned this already but this sub isn't even translated correctly.

Last edited by kiseki_gurl; 2007-10-18 at 16:04.
Old 2007-10-18, 17:24   Link #54
SATAN
Forged in christian blood

Send a message via MSN to SATAN
Think what you want. It's painfully obvious that this is a horrible production. No true artist would allow their manga to be butchered like this. Actually, I haven't read the manga. It's probably as bad as the anime. This guy isn't a true artist at all. Just a scammer. Scamming the masses into buying his pulp.

While the idea of the story isn't inherently bad, the execution is very poor. All the characters are stereotypes. The events are piss-easy to predict, everything is handed to you on a plate.

The art and animation is just shit. No excuses can be made. This came straight from the abyss of eternal mediocrity. Furthermore, the scenes that are meant to leave an impression utterly fail. Remember that guy who grabbed the girl in the end? Well, lol. I figure that scene was about as convincing as George Bush talking about nanotechnology.

I have no respect for this second rate product. If you have respect for yourself, you should want more than this bogus. It's funny. Akagi repeated the same thing 26 episodes and it wasn't nearly as boring as this. Even though I know nothing about riichi mahjong. (I do know how to play shogi)
SATAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 18:42   Link #55
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I enjoyed the first episode. Though I think some notes about the game/pieces/moves would be nice for people who don't play the game. I guess that'd take extra translation skills. I guess I'm spoilt by excellent Hikaru no Go notes.

On production... I'm not a fan of DEEN's animation, honestly. While they have done a couple good things, they've also done a lot of very bad looking stuff. Very inconsistent quality (mutant heads in Higurashi would be a prime example) but I think this first episode was reasonable. Nothing really screamed poor quality, but neither was it particularly high. A series like this (not action/sci-fi) doesn't need high quality animation, though. So I think it works.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 19:34   Link #56
kiseki_gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
I enjoyed the first episode. Though I think some notes about the game/pieces/moves would be nice for people who don't play the game. I guess that'd take extra translation skills. I guess I'm spoilt by excellent Hikaru no Go notes.

On production... I'm not a fan of DEEN's animation, honestly. While they have done a couple good things, they've also done a lot of very bad looking stuff. Very inconsistent quality (mutant heads in Higurashi would be a prime example) but I think this first episode was reasonable. Nothing really screamed poor quality, but neither was it particularly high. A series like this (not action/sci-fi) doesn't need high quality animation, though. So I think it works.
The scanlations have notes after each chapter that literally explain every move. I'd recommend that if you really want to know exactly what's going on. I also recommend a quick skim at the Wikipedia article. It helps a lot.

Production values for this series...Meh. Not bad but not great either. The inconsistency irks me (especially after the beautiful manga artwork) but I'll live. At least the BGM is great .
Old 2007-10-18, 21:48   Link #57
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
Think what you want. It's painfully obvious that this is a horrible production. No true artist would allow their manga to be butchered like this. Actually, I haven't read the manga. It's probably as bad as the anime. This guy isn't a true artist at all. Just a scammer. Scamming the masses into buying his pulp.
Lol. Holden Caufield is in the house.

Seriously though, I thank you for the warning but I don't think it's that bad. It's up to us if we want to waste our time by giving it a shot so you don't have to worry about us too much. Besides, if some atheists feel the urge to read the bible for the sake of criticizing it, so it is with some otaku and Naruto and other poorly made anime.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 08:33   Link #58
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

just watched Ep 1 .... it good start
but Q: the blue hair girl or boy?
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 14:02   Link #59
Ashlotte
Clockwork

@SATAN

Ayaya anyway I thought it was a nice first episode with some extremely well done animation.

Ill freely admit though I dont know a damn thing about Shougi, so I felt a tad lost during the matches. But even with that said the intesity and spirit of the game was translated very well to the point that even an idiot like me could derive some understanding watching them play.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 14:58   Link #60
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
just watched Ep 1 .... it good start
but Q: the blue hair girl or boy?
The blue hair person is a boy