AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-23, 02:26   Link #81
garabil

iva -san can beat the crap out of those lv6 prisoners..much more if theyre DF users.. even if they are as strong as crocodile or jimbei,if they are DF users, they have these stone something on their hands w/c makes them lose energy..and about the spoiler pic wherein croc is a woman, look at the pic carefully, there is something popping off her pants..
Old 2009-04-23, 02:43   Link #82
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
As I think about it. Has Luffy ever lost to the same person twice? To every villain he always seems to suffer a bad defeat, but something comes to him in the end that gives him either a great advantage or just enough to win.

Captain Morgan- Luffy's easy win.
Buggy- Luffy was at a disadvantage here, but never really lost since the fight with Buggy was just one battle that Luffy won in the end.
Captain Kuro- Luffy passed out after Jango gave the hypnotic order. He woke up and defeated Kuro.
Don Kreig- kept fighting and prevailed. Kreig never really won over Luffy in this fight. Just held him off most of the time.
Arlong- Luffy was tossed in the water and was looking to lose. He came back and defeated Arlong completely.
Smoker- Defeated twice, but no clear winner.
Mr. 3- Again, Luffy never really lost this fight with him. It was Ms. GoldenWeek who did a better job of holding him off.
Wapol- Luffy beat him at every turn.
Crocodile- Luffy lost the first match. He was dehydrated again, but caught up and defeated Crocodile.
Enel- Luffy is tossed off the arc. Came back and beat him with Golden Rifle.
Foxy- Luffy kept getting frozen and never got the chance to really pound him until the end.
Rob Lucci- Defeated, stabbed, and tossed between buildings. Defeated Lucci with the Gear systems.
Moria- It was hard for Luffy hit Moria and took more hits then he was giving. Luffy turned it around in the end.

As the trend shows it always shows Luffy having trouble with most enemies at first or defeated. Only to have victory in the end. Like i said before. When Luffy last faced the warden he was weakened from hunger after the previous level. Not only has Luffy fed now, but also got an adrenaline shot.
Those are the fights he had to win, because he had to. When he fought Moria, it was required to save his nakama, and he was the only one capable of that. For Lucci, it was the same. For Enel, the same. For Crocodile, the same. For Wapol, Arlong, Krieg, Kuro, it was more of a personal revenge. For Foxy (and you can include Buggy), it was what the conditions required.

In all of these cases, he was the strongest one among his peers facing that opponent, or more like he had the highest chance of winning (though you can make an argument for some also as strong as the one he beat). Right now, none of these is happening, for sure. He may not be the strongest or having the best chance of beating the opponent. He doesn't have any kind of personal revenge issue. He is not really the leader of the group to have the right to make the decision all by himself. It is not clear whether the conditions will require for him to face Magellan. Maybe, only if there would be other very strong opponents that the people with him would have better chance to win compared to him.

So, at this point, I don't see a definite need for him to face someone who is not a good match for him, yet. With a perfect Haki, he would win, and most likely, win with a single attack, but he has yet to prove that he is capable of that. And I don't know if this would be right time to have this moment, when he should be going as fast as he can, and preserving as much energy as he can, so that he can save Ace.
Old 2009-04-23, 03:03   Link #83
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Those are the fights he had to win, because he had to. When he fought Moria, it was required to save his nakama, and he was the only one capable of that. For Lucci, it was the same. For Enel, the same. For Crocodile, the same. For Wapol, Arlong, Krieg, Kuro, it was more of a personal revenge. For Foxy (and you can include Buggy), it was what the conditions required.

In all of these cases, he was the strongest one among his peers facing that opponent, or more like he had the highest chance of winning (though you can make an argument for some also as strong as the one he beat). Right now, none of these is happening, for sure. He may not be the strongest or having the best chance of beating the opponent. He doesn't have any kind of personal revenge issue. He is not really the leader of the group to have the right to make the decision all by himself. It is not clear whether the conditions will require for him to face Magellan. Maybe, only if there would be other very strong opponents that the people with him would have better chance to win compared to him.

So, at this point, I don't see a definite need for him to face someone who is not a good match for him, yet. With a perfect Haki, he would win, and most likely, win with a single attack, but he has yet to prove that he is capable of that. And I don't know if this would be right time to have this moment, when he should be going as fast as he can, and preserving as much energy as he can, so that he can save Ace.
I was just pointing out that the fight with the main opponent almost never works out well for Luffy at the start, but the second time he meets them he wins.

I don't think he needs Haki to win this fight. Like I keep mentioning. In the first fight with Magellan. Luffy was weakened from the time in the heat of the Level 3 Starvation Hell. He wasn't fighting and full power.

Now as Luffy is on the move he's fed and been given an adrenaline shot. So far the only Haki move Luffy has shown to do is the one that makes people or groups pass out. I think Luffy can win this now.
Old 2009-04-23, 05:52   Link #84
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by garabil View Post
iva -san can beat the crap out of those lv6 prisoners..much more if theyre DF users.. even if they are as strong as crocodile or jimbei,if they are DF users, they have these stone something on their hands w/c makes them lose energy..and about the spoiler pic wherein croc is a woman, look at the pic carefully, there is something popping off her pants..
Sorry, It was very late when I drew this.

Luffy might have a great team now, but they are in level 6 and elevator is not working. They have to go back at least to level 5 and take some secred road to lvl1 or lvl2. There are plenty of places they can get into traps of Magellan's forces.
Old 2009-04-23, 11:31   Link #85
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Oh and LOL at Jinbei for trying to hype up Impel Down, congratulating Luffy for getting through all "five levels of hell" in this Mickey Mouse of a prison.
That last part made me think of a quote from Red Dwarf: "Mickey Mouse? We ain't even Betty Boop!"
Old 2009-04-23, 11:49   Link #86
ZeroForever

side thought with Jinbei on there team wouldn't the fastest way out/up be punching a hole through the wall into the sea and Jinbei simply swimming them to the surface.

either way it's fun set up, curious what there gonna do with Buggy and the rest of them though.
Old 2009-04-23, 12:53   Link #87
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Impel Down is one of the coolest and most dangerous prisons seen in (Shounen) anime/manga.
Bwhahwhahwhahwhahwhha!

No it really isn't, Those traps were nothing, we see those kinds of things in a Sonic the Hedgehog game. We had a unknown Okama shindig in level 5.5, The opponents always make the prison what it is and the wolves, the valkyrie Blueglory were all weak. Only the Minatarous and Magellen did it's job in trying to give this DisneyLand of a prison some truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman
That last part made me think of a quote from Red Dwarf: "Mickey Mouse? We ain't even Betty Boop!"
Where is this from?
Old 2009-04-23, 13:28   Link #88
Rainbowman

Quote:
Where is this from?
From the TV series "Red Dwarf", specifically from the season 5 episode "Quarantine".

i.e.:

Kryten: ...and we are going to...live.
Lister: We're a real Mickey Mouse organization aren't we?
The Cat: Mickey Mouse? We ain't even Betty Boop!
Old 2009-04-23, 13:31   Link #89
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Where is this from?
Red Dwarf is an old (early 90's) british sci-fi comedy. Great show imo.

About Impel Down, it was portrayed as a gruesome and infamous prison, but as the arc went on this image been severely diminished. Ofcourse, to many prisoners and outsiders this image will not change much. And admittedly, the way the prisoners are treated inside is pretty much hell. So if you'd compare it to other prisons in the OP world you might say the image still applies.

I have to say though, that the way prisoners are appointed to their respective levels leaves alot to be desired. Even on lvl 5 there seem to be prisoners that are pretty weak, while some of the stronger prisoners are at a lower level then they should be (like Bon Clay and Daz Bones). Ofcourse, there might be other factors that determine the prisoner's level assignment, apart from the Marine's lousy intel, like their bounty (which is not always representative of someone's power).
Old 2009-04-23, 14:25   Link #90
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Bwhahwhahwhahwhahwhha!

No it really isn't, Those traps were nothing, we see those kinds of things in a Sonic the Hedgehog game. We had a unknown Okama shindig in level 5.5, The opponents always make the prison what it is and the wolves, the valkyrie Blueglory were all weak. Only the Minatarous and Magellen did it's job in trying to give this DisneyLand of a prison some truth.
Then what is most scary place you saw in shounen?
Old 2009-04-23, 14:33   Link #91
Casshern

Oda made impel down comedic, like he does with alot of his villains. It's meant to be light hearted after all. It makes the dramatic moment all the more intense as well. I don't think it was a bad thing. I burst out laughing when they called the chicken monster a chimera... Definitely a highlight of this arc for me.
Old 2009-04-23, 14:43   Link #92
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yeah, Luffy must of heard of the devil and wants to meet him cause he wants to get sent to hell real quick. Seriously, Luffy should be able to reach the Holy Land AFTER the events [War] take place. Luffy has no business in grown folks conversation, I'm guessing his re-match with Magallen will delay him and his rent a team.......
You're right. I also hope that Luffy doesn't participate in this war, for the reason being that his strength is clearly inadequate to contend with the monsters that will be involved, at this point. Elder Nyon herself said that Luffy would be as an ant leaping into a raging storm, which tells us just how insignificant he would be in comparison to those involved. This is yet another reason why I feel that Moria is still much stronger than Luffy even though he lost, otherwise he too would be an insect jumping into this war due to being so weak, which would beg the question of why the World Government would even bother summoning someone so useless. The only question is, will Oda actually be willing to show an entire war that has absolutely nothing to do Luffy and the remaining strawhats? That's going to be a tough call on his part, since Luffy is the main character and has always had some kind of direct relevance/involvement in the current plot.

Quote:
Remember we still have so much unfinished business in Impel Down with so many characters Hannybal and the Head Jailor, Sadi-chan [Lady with the over-grown animals] that could also try and delay the new team Luffy with a battle. Heck not too mention characters Oda hasn't even handled yet, Shiryuu, Katarina Devon, The Giant Battleship, San Juan Wolf & Basco Shot. There's just too much unfinished business in Impel Down for Luffy just to leave like that.....
What could possibly happen here may be somewhat similar to what happened at Thriller Bark. Remember all of those zombie generals that Moria had? Oz ended up taking out all of them for the sake of moving the story along much quicker. If Oda does want to show us the entirety of the war this year, then things are going to have to speed up a little bit.
Old 2009-04-23, 14:52   Link #93
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Oda made impel down comedic, like he does with alot of his villains. It's meant to be light hearted after all. It makes the dramatic moment all the more intense as well. I don't think it was a bad thing. I burst out laughing when they called the chicken monster a chimera... Definitely a highlight of this arc for me.
This arc has such similarities to the Thriller Bark arc. For sure, it is not as intense as the Enies Lobby one. And I guess the comic characters from the past and the new strangely comic ones added a lot to that image.
Old 2009-04-23, 15:39   Link #94
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Then what is most scary place you saw in shounen?
Air Gear, I dropped this quite awhile ago cause its story just derailed so much from how good it was in the begining, its just frightning.

but I'm with Phenomenal here ID hasn't really lived up to what one would expect from the place.
I love whats been going on and all so far but I feel it could have been alot better really, the Okama place was kinda iffy I guess. Nothing against the Okamas in general but the idea that they have this hidden place and taking it easy in the worlds most dangerous prison kinda feels off. haha but like I've said this is OP and you have to expect the unexpected

but then I guess that speaks volumes of how great Iva is suposed to be

well I'm just waiting to see how Sadi-chan fairs, hope she can diss out the punishment
Old 2009-04-23, 16:03   Link #95
james0246

In a story meant for 10-14 year old boys, Impel Down is a perfect blend of extreme violence and fear mixed with pure chaos, and a high level of comedy. Impel Down is a perfect Shounen prison. I mean, did anyone actually expect Impel Down to be Butcher Bay, Oswald State Maximum Correctional Facility, or some other extreme fictional prison?
Old 2009-04-23, 16:09   Link #96
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
In a story meant for 10-14 year old boys, Impel Down is a perfect blend of extreme violence and fear mixed with pure chaos, and a high level of comedy. Impel Down is a perfect Shounen prison. I mean, did anyone actually expect Impel Down to be Butcher Bay, Oswald State Maximum Correctional Facility, or some other extreme fictional prison?
Nope........not even close.
Old 2009-04-23, 16:14   Link #97
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You're right. I also hope that Luffy doesn't participate in this war, for the reason being that his strength is clearly inadequate to contend with the monsters that will be involved, at this point. Elder Nyon herself said that Luffy would be as an ant leaping into a raging storm, which tells us just how insignificant he would be in comparison to those involved. This is yet another reason why I feel that Moria is still much stronger than Luffy even though he lost, otherwise he too would be an insect jumping into this war due to being so weak, which would beg the question of why the World Government would even bother summoning someone so useless. The only question is, will Oda actually be willing to show an entire war that has absolutely nothing to do Luffy and the remaining strawhats? That's going to be a tough call on his part, since Luffy is the main character and has always had some kind of direct relevance/involvement in the current plot.

What could possibly happen here may be somewhat similar to what happened at Thriller Bark. Remember all of those zombie generals that Moria had? Oz ended up taking out all of them for the sake of moving the story along much quicker. If Oda does want to show us the entirety of the war this year, then things are going to have to speed up a little bit.
You people kept on say this , just because one person says some thing it does not make it always true. The fact is luffy has beat 2 Shichibukai . Elder nyon does not know luffy has beat moria. I see what what see she says as same thing as old mermaid women , when she hear luffy want to be pirate king she laugh at him, it's only when he went after robin she took him serious. Say what he trying to do have not been done in past 100 years.

I see this as the same thing while luffy alone might not be able to do much , he now has 2 ex Shichibukai members with him plus 2 others that seem rather powerfully . unless your going to tell me that thoses members can't do anything.

By the way i don't really post much. It just people seem to just bring up what 1 person say as some fact that can't be change.
Old 2009-04-23, 16:18   Link #98
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Nope........not even close.
Which part isn't even close? You have to finish the thought before I can agree/disagree/compromise with your stance.
Old 2009-04-23, 16:21   Link #99
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Which part isn't even close? You have to finish the thought before I can agree/disagree/compromise with your stance.
Whats in the bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
You people kept on say this , just because one person says some thing it does not make it always true. The fact is luffy has beat 2 Shichibukai . Elder nyon does not know luffy has beat moria. I see what what see she says as same thing as old mermaid women , when she hear luffy want to be pirate king she laugh at him, it's only when he went after robin she took him serious. Say what he trying to do have not been done in past 100 years.

I see this as the same thing while luffy alone might not be able to do much , he now has 2 ex Shichibukai members with him plus 2 others that seem rather powerfully . unless your going to tell me that thoses members can't do anything.

By the way i don't really post much. It just people seem to just bring up what 1 person say as some fact that can't be change.
So, how will they help Luffy in the war while they (Jinbei, Croc etc) are watching there own asses from getting cooked? if Luffy gets involved just to have other characters hold his hand and make sure nothing happens to him, he might as well sit it out IMO. I hope Luffy don't get involved in this war, I want other characters to get some limelight time. and atcually go all out, instead of this sneak peek crap Oda is so fond of doing.
Old 2009-04-23, 16:37   Link #100
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Then why would Oda have Elder Nyon even say such a thing in the first place? It has to mean something, and I certainly believe that what she says is credible since she is very knowledgeable about the world's affairs and very wise due to her age and experience. She clearly understands the grand scale/magnitude of this war, whereas Luffy obviously doesn't.

Quote:
I've already acknowledged that Luffy has a very powerful team. But, this has nothing to do with Luffy himself getting involved in the war. As of now, Luffy in his current state is clearly not strong enough to make a difference. I don't think I need to explain why this is the case.