AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-12, 23:03   Link #61
discoinferno

GTO questions

Im planning 2 read the manga after watching the anime. What volume or ch. should i start to read where the anime left off? Or r there many side stories that the anime didn't show that i should just read from the beginning? i think the anime left off after the trip to Okinawa and the other episodes after that weren't from the manga

thx in advance

Last edited by discoinferno; 2008-01-12 at 23:42.
Old 2008-01-13, 20:24   Link #62
Jarppa

GTO is so hilarious that you should just read it from the start...
Old 2008-01-25, 22:41   Link #63
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoinferno View Post
Im planning 2 read the manga after watching the anime. What volume or ch. should i start to read where the anime left off? Or r there many side stories that the anime didn't show that i should just read from the beginning? i think the anime left off after the trip to Okinawa and the other episodes after that weren't from the manga

thx in advance
I think volume 14 and chapter 104 or 107, somewhere around there.
Old 2008-02-05, 07:59   Link #64
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

The anime doesn't hold a candle to the manga, this and shonan junai gume are some of the best examples of orriginal manga out there, Onizuka is a larger than life character but a lot of the stuff is real slice of life Japan giving us a peek at what problems kids in japan face from bullying to issues with status and how they deal with them.
Old 2008-07-28, 10:26   Link #65
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
sorry to resurrect an old thread but i felt rather than starting a new one, this option would be better.

anyway as GTO has been my 2nd favourite anime ever since i first saw years ago i've decided its time to get the manga.
I found out that they've started releasing GTO: The early years in english and I was wondering whether i should read this first before GTO (when he's a teacher)?
Old 2008-09-22, 20:57   Link #66
davie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro View Post
sorry to resurrect an old thread but i felt rather than starting a new one, this option would be better.

anyway as GTO has been my 2nd favourite anime ever since i first saw years ago i've decided its time to get the manga.
I found out that they've started releasing GTO: The early years in english and I was wondering whether i should read this first before GTO (when he's a teacher)?

It's fine to just start with the GTO
Old 2008-09-24, 15:54   Link #67
noktown

Yeah the early years are a completely different storie,nothing related to GTO,but its so funny too lol,i like how Onizuka's friend (keep forgetting his name) approaches a girl when he is hard and she freaks out lol...

Anyways i just wanted to ask about GTO manga,does it have a proper ending ?I mean a conclusive ending or an ending similiar to the anime ?
Old 2008-09-24, 22:02   Link #68
Dusk_
Forever Fallen

Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Yeah the early years are a completely different storie,nothing related to GTO,but its so funny too lol,i like how Onizuka's friend (keep forgetting his name) approaches a girl when he is hard and she freaks out lol...

Anyways i just wanted to ask about GTO manga,does it have a proper ending ?I mean a conclusive ending or an ending similiar to the anime ?
Eh, it's about half-and-half. Most things are cleared up, most loose ends are tied, but there are plenty of open ended things too. I haven't watched the anime myself, but I've read spoilers, and I have to say that the manga ending is much more satisfying than the anime's.
Old 2008-11-24, 11:41   Link #69
Dark Mage

So Azusa and Onizuka never hook up huh? too bad I thought Azusa loved Onizuka and Onizuka wanted a girlfriend so what went wrong there?
Old 2008-11-24, 13:31   Link #70
Jarppa

Urumi!

sorry for oneliner
Old 2008-11-24, 14:06   Link #71
Dark Mage

Does Urumi like Onizuka as well? She is hot lol I am sure if she was 19 Onizuka would have gone oyt with her. But I had a feeling that he really liked Azusa
Old 2008-11-24, 14:08   Link #72
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The manga is more better than the anime (the design character is very goods, its very well drew!) but one point , the end was rushed !i wanted more !!!Me i started the manga first then the anime (he killed the manga) !
Old 2008-11-25, 12:02   Link #73
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

There is a reference in the live action movie to Onizuka hooking up with someone (maybe Azusa). As for Urumi it is established pretty clearly in the manga that both her and Tomoko had it bad for Onizuka. Tomoko was especially amusing to watch since her confidante and make up artist is Shinomi who is the girl that chases after him in Shonan Junai Gumi.
Old 2008-11-25, 16:13   Link #74
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
So Azusa and Onizuka never hook up huh? too bad I thought Azusa loved Onizuka and Onizuka wanted a girlfriend so what went wrong there?
No it leaves it open ended really lame so he's still a virgin, then again never liked her character that much Urumi would have been a better match for Onizuka. Plus it would have fulfilled the fantasy/dream that Onizuka said he wanted early on in the manga about marring a high school girl something like that, plus isn't she older the 18 right? and clearly loves him in the manga so it's okay.
Old 2008-11-25, 17:47   Link #75
kujoe
from head to heel

Just wait a few years, then Urumi will be ok for him. However, it seems that despite Onizuka's dirty mind, he does believe in being a teacher and cares for his students, so maybe that's his stance on things.

Four girls are actually after him by the end of the manga. Obvious ones are Azusa, and Urumi. Then there's Tomoko, and one minor character... the daughter of the vice-principal. He also seems to get along well with that guy's mother, probably as friends or maybe something else, but I'm not really sure. The story never really focuses on that one.

From what I heard, the live action drama has more on Onizuka and Azusa. But yes, I also think that Urumi would be a better romantic interest in the manga.
Old 2009-06-08, 20:55   Link #76
Freeter
beyond

*judo kicks thread*

Shonan 14 Days ch 1 is out. Man, how I missed GTO. The ending was decent, but Onizuka's antics will never get old. Seeing all those familiar faces brought a huge smile to my face (especially Urumi ).

Spoiler for 1:

I'm hoping the series isn't as short as the title implies. I'd like to see another class trip arc, especially now that Miyabi's reformed.
Old 2009-06-09, 00:56   Link #77
Jinx626
Yo!!

I am hoping a somebody picks this up as a project. More GTO is a good a thing. I want more Urumi Kanzaki
Old 2009-06-09, 01:39   Link #78
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Any fansub will sub this manga ?
Old 2009-06-09, 04:47   Link #79
Cio
Otaku

I hope manga-heaven take this...

And looks like Onizuka have new hair? almost bald???
Old 2009-06-09, 05:30   Link #80
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Urumi is cute with her jealousy when Onizuka shows his pervert nature ^^. But it seems his status as a teacher is what keeps him form considering her as a candidate. Maybe as soon as she graduates :P.

So Onizuka got a new series? This' gonna be fun ^^, though I somehow think that the manga already ended nicely(all the students in his class got reformed in the end)
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shonen