AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-03, 12:10   Link #61
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
My guess is they'll near enough remove Haruna from this manga to avoid any issues with his I presume ex-wife.
Given that Haruna showed up in Mayoi Neko, I think those rumors might be just that. Haruna's character design isn't exactly ground breaking, so I don't see how she's supposed to be based on his ex-wife. Oh and I'm pretty sure Hasemi didn't work on the Black Cat manga, he was involved only with the anime.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 12:14   Link #62
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
My guess is they'll near enough remove Haruna from this manga to avoid any issues with his I presume ex-wife.
i think they will jsut remove haruna with something like moved away plot or something or maybe haruna letting lala win for haruna found some one else plot to permanently remove here well meybe near permamanent i dunno till we find out
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 13:28   Link #63
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Given that Haruna showed up in Mayoi Neko, I think those rumors might be just that. Haruna's character design isn't exactly ground breaking, so I don't see how she's supposed to be based on his ex-wife. Oh and I'm pretty sure Hasemi didn't work on the Black Cat manga, he was involved only with the anime.
I thought Hasemi was a woman?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 13:37   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I thought Hasemi was a woman?
Not according to mangaupdates or the Japanese wikipedia. I'm pretty sure he's a man.
Old 2010-09-03, 13:40   Link #65
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
You know... as much as I like the artwork and everything, it's going to be tough adapting to this spin-off, mostly because, despite lack of plot, I highly enjoyed the original... mostly for Lala. Now with the focus being on her sister... well, it's going to be tough focusing on a whole new cast of characters when I love most of the old ones

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 14:01   Link #66
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
You know... as much as I like the artwork and everything, it's going to be tough adapting to this spin-off, mostly because, despite lack of plot, I highly enjoyed the original... mostly for Lala. Now with the focus being on her sister... well, it's going to be tough focusing on a whole new cast of characters when I love most of the old ones
I am a Lala fan as well. But her sister will provide the zany alien devices to cause the ecchi and comedic situations, so that quote is full. Maybe she'll be in the series, just not as a regular.
Old 2010-09-03, 14:15   Link #67
Nosauz

But isn't Yami a cameo character from Black Cat? I mean I would understand Mikan but Yami just seems like a visit or rehash for nostalgia sake.

For my own personal prefrence I do hope there is some Yui, if not I'll be a little disappointed also if LaLa's not in focus, why would Yami be, since the only thing keeping Yami from ending rito's life is the fact that lala is the daughter of the ruler of the universe and why woudl she "hurt" lala like that. Guess we'll just have to see
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 14:19   Link #68
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
But isn't Yami a cameo character from Black Cat? I mean I would understand Mikan but Yami just seems like a visit or rehash for nostalgia sake.

For my own personal prefrence I do hope there is some Yui, if not I'll be a little disappointed also if LaLa's not in focus, why would Yami be, since the only thing keeping Yami from ending rito's life is the fact that lala is the daughter of the ruler of the universe and why woudl she "hurt" lala like that. Guess we'll just have to see
There's a good possibility that this spin-off isn't going to focus on Rito and his ever growing harem. There's more they could do with Yami then just have her fall in love with Rito.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 20:40   Link #69
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Wonder who's gonna be the focus?

Yami or Momo?
Old 2010-09-03, 21:49   Link #70
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Rito has been the only actually shown returning character other than Yami and Momo so far, and the young Japanese male audience needs their usual male lead to relate to, so thinking he won't have a major part of the focus is self-deluding.

The manga is titled 'Darkness', so odds are Yami will have more protagonism than Momo, but they seem to share equal space in the promo images, so the spotlight gap between them shouldn't be too big.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 23:39   Link #71
Soraya21

Like how Lala and Haruna started out, they'll probably be sharing the spotlight as the dual-heroines in the story. Well, at least so long as neither character is found to be an infringement of Yabuki-sensei's ex-wife's sister or something.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 03:16   Link #72
Used Can

I'd gladly indulge myself in the darkness of a peach cream filled taiyaki, if you know what I mean.
Old 2010-09-04, 03:24   Link #73
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
But isn't Yami a cameo character from Black Cat?
Despite how similar Yami and Eve are to each other, no Yami is not Eve from Black Cat. An Expy maybe, but not a Cameo

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 03:32   Link #74
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Darkness is Yami.
I guess their gonna dis Nana as a side character again here.
Old 2010-09-27, 10:26   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Only a few more days to wait. In the mean time, here are three preview pictures from Jump square's site:

Spoiler for Chapter 1:

Uh oh, déjà vu... things haven't changed one bit
Old 2010-09-27, 10:49   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 2010-09-27, 10:56   Link #77
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Couldn't have said it any better. That'll always be a classic move.
Old 2010-09-27, 11:12   Link #78
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Only a few more days to wait. In the mean time, here are three preview pictures from Jump square's site:

Spoiler for Chapter 1:

I can't see the image, but it sounds like another day at the office for TLR. I love how Momo is such a tease lol. With this coming out on the 4th, and the anime coming out on the 5th, It's going to be an awesome birthday for me this year lol.

EDIT: NVM, I see it now.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 11:28   Link #79
justavisitor

October 4th..got to circle that day on the calendar XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 11:48   Link #80
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Ah... it's still very much the TLR we all know and love

yet another monthly series to add to my list (why is it that 99% of all weekly series seem to suck?)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen