AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 38 55.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 27.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-06, 00:24   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kill La Kill - Episode 17 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kill La Kill, Episode 17.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-02-06, 12:31   Link #2
v1cious

That ending I did NOT see that coming at all.

That aside, this episode was seriously budget, like way beyond the usual. Still I can forgive them just because of those final few minutes. Shit has officially gotten real.

Last edited by v1cious; 2014-02-06 at 12:43.
Old 2014-02-06, 14:01   Link #3
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
That ending I did NOT see that coming at all.
I think a lot of people saw this coming, the shock is mainly from the execution. People have been speculating that Satsuki was going to do something like this for quite some time.
Old 2014-02-06, 14:03   Link #4
Death Usagi
Banned

Totally saw that coming. I knew Satsuki wasn't someone to get controlled and do evil things that her mother tells her to do. Especially the Elite Four also. They aren't really bad people at all.

But I wonder how the battle will turn out.

Looks like it will be Nui vs the Elite Four
Old 2014-02-06, 14:08   Link #5
Gravitas Free Zone

We've been expecting that outcome. It's just the method that was in question.

MEANWHILE, WE HEARD YOU LIKE BOLD KANJI.

Images
THAT OVERLAPS.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It was surprising (apparently to Gamagoori also) to hear Barazo talking like Tsumugu.

Transforming school Chekhov's Gun... partially-fired? It transformed, but not into a giant robot seifuku.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-02-06 at 14:30.
Old 2014-02-06, 14:24   Link #6
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's like most people expected, Satsuki has rebelled against her mother. Though it was originally unclear why she would do so, it is indeed because of differing ideals.

I don't expect Satsuki to be a total ally for Ryuko though, because it seems the situation has gone into a three-way conflict:

Ragyo: Have life fibers consume all of humanity to revive COVERS
Satsuki: Have humanity dominate life fibers and use them as a source of power
Ryuko: Live in a peaceful symbiotic relationship with life fibers and benefit each other

Seems next week will be the face-off against Ragyo and Nui. Even with a katana thrust through her torso and a forced crucifixion that's still not enough to bring Ragyo down.~

BTW, lol at Ragyo's formal attire. As if she didn't already look evil enough.
Old 2014-02-06, 14:25   Link #7
konart

So much Evangelion in this episode.

Even the last frame from from the ep.18 preview is taken (or at least looks much alike) from 4th Rebuild movie teaser
Old 2014-02-06, 14:27   Link #8
ChampDream
Alive

That execution was really unexpected, I saw the betrayal coming, but never thought Satsuki could do that to her mother.
Next episode is going to be amazing.
Old 2014-02-06, 14:33   Link #9
Gravitas Free Zone

On a lighter note, I loved that the standoff between Tsumugu and Ryuko started off by revisiting the freeze-frame drawing from the previous episode. It's funny when saving money is funny.

Ragyo is full-on evil clown right now. Usually people die when they get swords shoved through their chests.

And the new Mako ED, much as I love it, is going to be serious mood whiplash from now until the end of the series.
Old 2014-02-06, 14:51   Link #10
bakaouji

Lady Gaga in a fabulous clown dress. I didn't know that clown costume was the pinnacle of fashion. I was laughing while facepalming.

Anyway, definitely didn't expect Satsuki to stab her own mother but then again she deserved it for all the times she 'molested' her. Maybe Satsuki's sore that her mother killed her father (at least that's what I think considering that little flashback of her father seemed too coincidental).

It's fitting that both Satuski and Ryuuko are fighting to avenge their fathers' death. I'm pretty sure Satsuki's motivation stems from a personal vendetta against the Life Fibers.
Old 2014-02-06, 15:34   Link #11
Candyshark

She-Shepard is it you?

Quite ironic to say you know everything in the world and get shanked so easily. I'd personally would like to know if there are also personal reasons for Satsuki to rebel against her mother. Interesting what did she mean by saying she WAS good girl?
Old 2014-02-06, 15:55   Link #12
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
She-Shepard is it you?

Quite ironic to say you know everything in the world and get shanked so easily. I'd personally would like to know if there are also personal reasons for Satsuki to rebel against her mother. Interesting what did she mean by saying she WAS good girl?
Maybe Ragyou killed her father?

I also saw this coming. Actually, I'd say the name of academy gave away betrayal part long ago. The only question was who and whom, but after Ragyou was introduced it became quite clear.
Old 2014-02-06, 15:58   Link #13
lightbringer
M9000

She's finally done it. I've been wondering for like half the show as to when and how she'd do it, but she decided to do it in style with a backstab. Too bad the mom's built tougher than that though. Is she even human at this point, or did she already fuse with life fibers?
Old 2014-02-06, 15:59   Link #14
ookamigirl

So the fight trip is over..
Doubt they're gonna have a normal celebration.
It was nice to listen to Ryuko's heart-to-heart with Senketsu.
The story of kamui's slowly unraveling.
Mako's family is as crazy as she is LOL
Satsuki's mom was the most dangerous person.
The sudden change of power at the top was a surprise.
Never saw that coming, what a twist to the story!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-02-06, 16:09   Link #15
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Kill La Kill 17: HOLY FREAKING SHIT!!! That is all.
Old 2014-02-06, 16:21   Link #16
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Now I'm even more convinced that Tsumugu's sister was Ryuuko's mother
Old 2014-02-06, 16:23   Link #17
Dop
Mmmm....

Right, so we were all expecting Satsuki to rebel against her mother, but I don't think any of us were expecting THAT.
Seriously looking forward to next week!
Old 2014-02-06, 16:42   Link #18
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Right, so we were all expecting Satsuki to rebel against her mother, but I don't think any of us were expecting THAT.
Seriously looking forward to next week!
I wasn't even sure it would happen in this episode. And then, BANG. The sheer epicness was priceless.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-06, 16:42   Link #19
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I was expecting rebellion....just not that fast. O_o Hard to believe there are still seven episodes left and we're already at this point!

I'm not really sure what to say though. Things are pretty straightforward, but at the same time anything could happen, so it's difficult to speculate on what comes next. Beyond the clash of beliefs, of course. Here's some random thoughts:

1. Nui is certainly the wild card here. I still can't figure out her angle.

2. Mako will find a way into the academy. I'm still holding out hope she'll get to fight and not be used as a plot device through power of love/friendship again.

3. I'm noticing the clothing hasn't eaten the people, it's more like cocoons. Either the phase isn't complete, or "eaten" was a red herring and some of our speculation last episode (evolution, etc.,) might be true after all.

4. For Satsuki to have planned all of this so well, she had to have known about at least some of this from an early age. She's been working on this since kindergarten. How did she get all of this knowledge, and what happened to her father?

5. Satsuki stops calling Ragyo mother by the end of the episode.

6. Ragyo might look stupid in that outfit but she can't be that much of an idiot to not leave her daughter unsupervised. She had to have known this was coming, in some form. You don't keep someone under your heel that much unless you don't trust them.

7. Guess I was wrong about the female scientist being Ragyo. But it's interesting how it led to developing Senketsu. She's not just resistant to Life Fibers, he was literally made for her using her own DNA.

8. That still leaves the mystery of Junketsu though. I suspect this is where Satsuki's plans will backfire.

9. There are other items besides Ryoko's scissors that can cut Life Fiber strands. Sort of obvious from Tsumugu's needles, but these are more direct.

10. Gamagoori wilting in front of Mako's family was hilarious. I loved the animation shift, it reminded me of the parody of Fist of the North star from Binbougami. The "two things" bit really threw me off at first. I almost thought that Mako's dad was going to be Tsumugu in disguise.

I already can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2014-02-06, 16:45   Link #20
Candyshark

I feel like Satsuki picked wrong time to rebel or I fail to see her genius. All your citizens and students sans student council got wraped into cocons and you claim it is fortress against revocs regime. Ain't a bit too late? At the moment I see these people as goners. So patiently waiting for explanation.

Otherwise Satsuki raised hugest death flag in series yet.
Closed Thread