AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-06, 23:35   Link #141
Rembr

Ogiue needs to calm down a bit.

Also her VA is impressive. Her home accents within her inside voice is great. And she switches between it and normal voice very well, as well as using accents subtly on some occasions.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 01:29   Link #142
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ogiue's got terribly heavy touhoku (or at least, I think it's touhoku area) accent when she's thinking to herself... to the point I had hard time understanding what she's mumbling at times.
Some English viewers may not notice, but it's somewhat compare it to heavy accent you hear from countryside English farmers.
You know, the kind that you wonder if it's really English at all, since you can't understand a lick of it?

I wonder if the voice actress was from that area. Although it was a bit over-acted, it sounded fairly good.

EDIT: Ah, I just checked. She's from Hokkaido, so her Touhoku accent is probably mostly her "acting".
(people from Hokkaido doesn't tend to have a very heavy touhoku accent)
Old 2007-11-07, 04:10   Link #143
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Actually, it probably would be unreasonable. We're at episode 5, and it hasn't even been 200 posts.
That's because of the lack of a proper subforum. Just like Myself Yourself, before the subforum was constructed, it hasn't reach more than 100 posts (for episode 1-4). But afterward, just episode 5 alone got 175 posts.
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 04:55   Link #144
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

you are reversing the process: it is because MY got sufficient posts that it got a sub-forum, expanding even more the activity.

That series generated as much posts with 2-3 episodes as genshiken with 5 episode... see the problem.
If moderators don't raise any plan of doing so, you will probably not see any sub-forum for genshiken (see how Pumpkin scissors and Asatte no Houkou, completely deserted).
As much as i think genshiken has plenty material to discuss about, the series doesn't generate sufficient discussions, and very few people are discussing. Therefore, completely not worthing it for the moment.
Old 2007-11-07, 05:16   Link #145
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
By anyway, in episode 4, the interaction and character development is quite interesting. I however can't understand why people would judge others based on their breast size. But that's Japanese culture for you.
That's American culture, too.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 05:24   Link #146
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
By anyway, in episode 4, the interaction and character development is quite interesting. I however can't understand why people would judge others based on their breast size. But that's Japanese culture for you.
It's EVERYONE'S culture.

Such a shapy woman as Ohno would seem to have had experience.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 05:41   Link #147
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
It's EVERYONE'S culture.

I'm sure that the fact that Ohno lived in America from the 3rd grade to graduating high school probably colors everyone's expectations to some degree. Just like how our perceptions of the Japanese are influenced by the anime and other media we watch and hear, the Japanese perception of Americans are influenced by western media like Hollywood movies, music, and US TV shows (24, anyone? ).
Old 2007-11-07, 05:43   Link #148
Echoes

Quote:
That's because of the lack of a proper subforum. Just like Myself Yourself, before the subforum was constructed, it hasn't reach more than 100 posts (for episode 1-4). But afterward, just episode 5 alone got 175 posts.
Well, that's obviously just plain wrong.

When there's little activity it's much better to keep it in a single thread, not just for the sake of the moderators and admins, but for everyone discussing it as well. No need to see 10 threads with 5 posts in each. It's much more efficient and cozy to keep it as it is now.

And yes, just about everyone loves big breasts, that much should be obvious too.
Old 2007-11-07, 06:59   Link #149
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Like how the guys helped mold Sasahara into what he is today during season 1, in season 2, it's now the girls turn to bring out the true otaku in Ogiue.

Spoiler for episode 6 preview:
Old 2007-11-07, 10:24   Link #150
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
It's EVERYONE'S culture.

Pardon? Ohno's "experience" (such a nice word) would probably depend more on her willingness to get some expericence than her breast size. It's not that men are terribly picky. Also, look at the media (actresses, singers) for what the average man considers attractive. Which certainly depends on a lot of factors. It's not that the big roles in Hollywood all go to pig faces with G cups.

Last edited by Slice of Life; 2007-11-07 at 10:35.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 14:03   Link #151
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
I'm sure that the fact that Ohno lived in America from the 3rd grade to graduating high school probably colors everyone's expectations to some degree. Just like how our perceptions of the Japanese are influenced by the anime and other media we watch and hear, the Japanese perception of Americans are influenced by western media like Hollywood movies, music, and US TV shows (24, anyone? ).

Lol, we all scream all the time, and can drive from one end of a huge city to another in traffic.
Old 2007-11-07, 18:25   Link #152
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Well, that's obviously just plain wrong.

When there's little activity it's much better to keep it in a single thread, not just for the sake of the moderators and admins, but for everyone discussing it as well. No need to see 10 threads with 5 posts in each. It's much more efficient and cozy to keep it as it is now.

And yes, just about everyone loves big breasts, that much should be obvious too.
I don't think breasts size matter that much. In fact, some people dispise them, especially people in sports because they get in the way. They maybe okay for people who stay home to be housewives, but for people who are active, no way.

Regarding the split, it was just a suggestion. But anyway, back to the topic, it seems like Ogiue is rottening (becoming fujoshi). But being a yaoi fan myself, who am I to say what she imagines. But drawing it out is a little over the board especially since the subjects are in fact "real" people.

If only such creativity can be used to make life better...
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 20:18   Link #153
Echoes

All I meant by that comment was that there are men all over the world who're obsessed with large breasts. (In response to your comment about Japanese culture being fixated on this aspect.)

I'm well aware that they are not necessarily helpful to their owners, quite the contrary, with backpains and such.

I still haven't seen episode 5, so I guess I can't really contribute much. :3
Old 2007-11-07, 20:31   Link #154
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

This episode was a little hard to stomach

did her accent suddenly get thick? I mean real thick? like kansai/country hokkaido on the farm thick? maybe its just because she never really expressed herself much in the past so I never noticed.

Season 2 has been far more bold than season 1. I mean last season wearing cat ears was considered intense. now we get mouth to mouth in numerous episodes, lol.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 21:25   Link #155
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I'm rewatching Episode 5 for like 5 times (Ogiure, you have corrupted me!), and I'm starting to like the thick accent.

Also, noticed that Ogiure DOES have breasts (see the bathtub scene). I thought she was flat
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 23:16   Link #156
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
did her accent suddenly get thick? I mean real thick? like kansai/country hokkaido on the farm thick? maybe its just because she never really expressed herself much in the past so I never noticed.
As a kansai-jin, I have to object to this.
Kansai accents sounds nothing like touhoku accents!

It's about as diffrent as American southern accent (Texas, etc) and Irish countryside accent.
Old 2007-11-07, 23:21   Link #157
Rembr

It probably just seems like it got thicker since she's never done such long monologues with full-on-accents. But it was there before.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 23:40   Link #158
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
It probably just seems like it got thicker since she's never done such long monologues with full-on-accents. But it was there before.
Well, it only comes out when she's heavily embarassed, and can't control her dialect.
Normally she speaks in normal standard accent.

It's part of her character (faithful to the manga). When she's thinking to herself, she thinks in touhoku dialect. When she speaks, she normally speaks in standard Japanese. But if she's emotional or panicking, she "forgets" to correct her accents.

This is actually VERY common among Japanese. Many people speak in fluent normal speech when they are at work or in cities, but when they speak to their family members, they instantly revert to heavy dialect. Hell, I do it too. I normally have NO kansai accent when speaking, but when I speak to my mom... we sound like characters from Jarinko Chie.
Old 2007-11-08, 00:34   Link #159
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Now that I've finally obtained a sub for Episode 5...I'll say what's been said in this thread at least 5 times.

Spoiler for Ogiue's mindset:
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 01:31   Link #160
Major1138

Ogiue has a rather....active imagination. It's also hilarious how she acts all anti-otaku, but deep down, she's really no different than the rest of them. I also noticed how her accent slipped when she was "inner monologuing" and also when she got embarrassed in the OVAs. It's a nice piece of characterization.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, comedy, romance, seinen, slice of life