AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 01:03   Link #2441
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
My question would be why or does Kirito ever sort of reject Alice
You mean apart from the fact he's already in a relationship with Asuna?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 08:05   Link #2442
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
You mean apart from the fact he's already in a relationship with Asuna?
There's also Yui, from who Kirito would never hear the end of her complaints.

All the other girls would also protest, because if Asuna is out of the way, each one of them "should" be the next on line.

But in the end, the reason why Kirito rejects Alice is because to him there's only Asuna
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 08:11   Link #2443
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
There's also Yui, from who Kirito would never hear the end of her complaints.

All the other girls would also protest, because if Asuna is out of the way, each one of them "should" be the next on line.

But in the end, the reason why Kirito rejects Alice is because to him there's only Asuna
Eternal love... whether in this world or that
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 08:53   Link #2444
Awrya
U mad?

A question about Eugeo, from the web novel spoilers I read so far he isn't mentioned, is he a character added in the LN?
Or did he die, with Kirito inheriting his white sword, making him a dual wielder like in SAO?
Old 2012-10-09, 10:32   Link #2445
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Eternal love... whether in this world or that
Seriously, I don't know what's worse; the fact that this is an extremely
corny love story, or the fact that all of us, or at least me, like such a story?

Actually, maybe I'm a little biased, but SAO has proven to be quite balanced in different aspects, and THANK GOD it's not overloaded with fanservice
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 10:40   Link #2446
Andrewthelord

i love SAO and AW for the love story, but also because i think they show the most realistic example of future devices that our nephews, and I hope we too, will have in some decades.

Some blind people can now see thanks to a device very similar to the NervGear. It's matter of time when we could browse our mail pointing to the air like Haru does.

Sorry for my english. I write lots everyday in Italian for my job, i can read books, watch movies, talk perfectly in english but for a misterious reason i can not write in it. Chiedo venia (ancient italian way to say I'm sorry)
Andrewthelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 13:07   Link #2447
Zeriand
Banned

I'm not exactly sure I want such a device to be honest. The Neurolinker basically reads a person's brain signals to produce an output, and while certain actions still require hand gestures, it is still too dangerous. To be able to read your brain signals accurately basically means that whoever's sponsoring you the device had the means to monitor your every actions. It's like having an open webcam spying on you 24 hours a day unless you took it off, which defeats the purpose of using the device itself.

Another problem is that our hardwares simply could not catch up to the speed our softwares are advancing. The latest prototype Virtual Reality machine right now is expected to come out this 2014, and for a device who could only fit ONE person it costs such humongous amounts of money it's unthinkable that our generation could enjoy a Nerve Gear dream anytime soon.
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 13:17   Link #2448
Andrewthelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
I'm not exactly sure I want such a device to be honest. The Neurolinker basically reads a person's brain signals to produce an output, and while certain actions still require hand gestures, it is still too dangerous. To be able to read your brain signals accurately basically means that whoever's sponsoring you the device had the means to monitor your every actions. It's like having an open webcam spying on you 24 hours a day unless you took it off, which defeats the purpose of using the device itself.

Another problem is that our hardwares simply could not catch up to the speed our softwares are advancing. The latest prototype Virtual Reality machine right now is expected to come out this 2014, and for a device who could only fit ONE person it costs such humongous amounts of money it's unthinkable that our generation could enjoy a Nerve Gear dream anytime soon.
they said the same thing about the 3d television, the laptops, the smartphones etc. etc.

I'm not sure that our generation will se something like that. But thing like google glasses are right beyond the corner...
Old 2012-10-09, 16:20   Link #2449
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
there are already device that could do it. It is now just a matter of cutting the manufacturing cost.
Old 2012-10-09, 17:07   Link #2450
Ghanw
(-_-)

^and there are many technologies that were suppose to be release to the world but it was important and the military took it, so i dont think nerv gear would come any time soon.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 17:11   Link #2451
Andrewthelord

tecnology like that are not ready. But I think science it's not so far from this.
Old 2012-10-09, 22:27   Link #2452
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Question on vol.11+

Spoiler:
Someone answer this man's question

I have to admit, I'll be interested to see how Kirito keeps on getting roped into so many Virtual Reality RPGs after the traumas of Sword Art Online. That would be like a soldier came home from Vietnam and went "Wee that was fun, I hope another war starts up soon!"

And a simple question: Sword Art Online covered a decent expanse of time, I think two years exactly, and I know the novels jump around quite a bit. During what year does the current story (whatever that might be) take place?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:58   Link #2453
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
And a simple question: Sword Art Online covered a decent expanse of time, I think two years exactly, and I know the novels jump around quite a bit. During what year does the current story (whatever that might be) take place?
Volume ten starts in June 2026.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 01:15   Link #2454
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
A question about Eugeo, from the web novel spoilers I read so far he isn't mentioned, is he a character added in the LN?
Or did he die, with Kirito inheriting his white sword, making him a dual wielder like in SAO?
Eugeo was here in the previous two volumes of Alicization... what made you think he wasn't in the LNs? >.>

As for what happens to Eugeo in Web version (HEAVY spoiler ahead):
Spoiler for Eugeo (and Kirito):
Old 2012-10-10, 01:56   Link #2455
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Unhappy

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply:

Time to be like Kirito's reaction then.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 02:22   Link #2456
tomtkp

I think there's a slight mistake for Eugeo's spoiler.

Spoiler for Heavy spoiler:
Old 2012-10-10, 02:45   Link #2457
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
I think there's a slight mistake for Eugeo's spoiler.

Spoiler for Heavy spoiler:
Fair enough, I did mention I haven't read that part due to it not being translated. All I got was a extract at the part where
Spoiler for Eugeo:
Old 2012-10-10, 03:34   Link #2458
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Fair enough, I did mention I haven't read that part due to it not being translated. All I got was a extract at the part where
Spoiler for Eugeo:
Spoiler for question:
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:59   Link #2459
chancs

Quote:
Spoiler for Eugeo:
Spoiler:
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 04:33   Link #2460
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Eugeo was here in the previous two volumes of Alicization... what made you think he wasn't in the LNs? >.>

Spoiler for Eugeo (and Kirito):
Thank you for answering, and yes, I noticed he was in the LN
In the web novel spoilers I read here, Eugeo wasn't mentioned (or can't remember), so I wondered if Eugeo is a character that wasn't in the web novel version, but added by Kawahara in the LN version.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality