Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-02-16, 16:10   Link #5441
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
I'm going to need a lot of proof for this. Not even a lot, any proof whatsoever. Before she met Negi and Nagi, Eva may have loved Touta the most, but for obvious reasons - she couldn't love someone she's never met. But she's no longer some evildoer with conflicting morals who needed someone to stop her, whether that someone was Nagi for preventing her from doing anymore lasting damage, or Negi who convinced there was more to life than death.
uh wut? Never met?

Also it's repeatedly shown in the manga that Eva continue to still suffer. Until she can break from that suffering Touta will continue to strive for her happiness.

Quote:
So what I don't understand is you're perfectly fine with an MC who is okay being second choice? Always in the shadow of his grandfather? Okay with being with someone who's in love with someone else? Either he's an idiot for not getting the message, or he's idiot for those reasons.
I think you're going about this the wrong way. It's not about being second choice, Touta frankly doesn't care about any of that, but it's her happiness he's most concerned of.

And why are you so obsessed about Touta being the second choice when in a round about way Nagi and Negi are in fact the 2nd and 3rd choice because Eva fell for Touta first. And it was shown that she waited for him to show up when she said that line "You're 500 years late"

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 16:54   Link #5442
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
uh wut? Never met?

Also it's repeatedly shown in the manga that Eva continue to still suffer. Until she can break from that suffering Touta will continue to strive for her happiness.
Eva met Touta in the past. The Touta she fell in love with was when she was still killing people, when she was a different person living a terrible life. Eva met Nagi and Negi years later. While it's possible that the reason she fell for the two of them is because they reminded her of Touta, the fact remains is both of them changed her life when Touta couldn't.
Which leads back to Touta not understanding Eva. The Eva Touta is in love with is not just the present day Yukihime, but the girl he met during the flashbacks. He's in love with a memory.

Quote:
I think you're going about this the wrong way. It's not about being second choice, Touta frankly doesn't care about any of that, but it's her happiness he's most concerned of.

And why are you so obsessed about Touta being the second choice when in a round about way Nagi and Negi are in fact the 2nd and 3rd choice because Eva fell for Touta first. And it was shown that she waited for him to show up when she said that line "You're 500 years late"
I'm not the one who's obsessed; some people are betting on Negi to die for ToutaxEva to happen, lmao. Touta doesn't understand Eva, he's never tried to. Guess what, love isn't just about making another person happy, it's about understanding what they've been through and becoming better people in the process.
Some wise dude once said, "If you fall in love with two people, choose the second. If you loved the first enough, you would have never fell in love a second time." Or something like that. Eva moved on. Of course it's not Touta's fault that he couldn't be there for Eva, but Eva has become a better person thanks to Negi. A few brief moments in time Touta and Eva met each other isn't enough to counter the relationship Eva formed with Negi. Even after meeting Touta, Eva continued to kill, and kill. After meeting Negi, and even after Negi was taken over, Eva changed continued to do good deeds.

My argument is based on the theory that Eva will end up with Touta. If not, then I'm fine with Touta being there to support Eva. Thing is, I don't know if and when Eva will ever stop being the damsel in distress. So hence my argument.
Old 2017-02-16, 18:37   Link #5443
Tenzen12

You are resly good when it come yo writing fan fictions I will give you that. Touta contributed (and ven now still contributing,) Eva's character development as much or more as his predecessors. (And technically person who made her stop killing wasn't Negi, but Nagi)

He lived with her for two years and saw side of her other couldn't, Touta is in love with both "Evangeline" and "Yukihime". And same goes for Eva, Touta isn't just past but her present too.
Old 2017-02-16, 19:31   Link #5444
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You are resly good when it come yo writing fan fictions I will give you that. Touta contributed (and ven now still contributing,) Eva's character development as much or more as his predecessors. (And technically person who made her stop killing wasn't Negi, but Nagi)

He lived with her for two years and saw side of her other couldn't, Touta is in love with both "Evangeline" and "Yukihime". And same goes for Eva, Touta isn't just past but her present too.
How has Eva's character changed from the start of UQ Holder to now? We know more about her past, but that's where it ends. If anything, the recent events have shown that she's even more weak than before.
Nagi stopped her from killing by taking away most of her power. Negi convinced her to use her power for the good of the world. My point is those two changed Eva more than Touta ever did. Also, what side of her did Touta see that nobody else could?

I've never considered myself as a good fanfiction writer, but thanks! You're not half bad at bullshitting
Old 2017-02-17, 12:25   Link #5445
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
The correct term would be Guardian. It's similar to Shinji's relationship with Misato from Evangelion. Eva and Touta only lived together for 2 years and Eva doesn't act like a mother figure when she goes around naked around him. She even kisses him on the lips.
Those two years were the whole of Touta's life.

Eva not acting like a mother figure to the boy she raised from 'birth', walking around him naked and teasing him while well aware he's undergoing a premature puberty without the benefits of an actual childhood that came first only speaks poorly of her, it doesn't make her way of handling the situation normal or acceptable.

It's not even the same thing as with Misato, who came in very late into Shinji's youth, only took care of him for a few months at most, and unlike Evangeline, downright admitted she was a failure as a parental figure anyway.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 13:17   Link #5446
Tenzen12

Quote:
How has Eva's character changed from the start of UQ Holder to now? We know more about her past, but that's where it ends. If anything, the recent events have shown that she's even more weak than before.
Nagi stopped her from killing by taking away most of her power. Negi convinced her to use her power for the good of the world. My point is those two changed Eva more than Touta ever did. Also, what side of her did Touta see that nobody else could?

I've never considered myself as a good fanfiction writer, but thanks! You're not half bad at bullshitting
I am but busy so I will be brief. Eva change started even before UQ holder when she became his Guardian. She became lot of softer, more responsible and more open in general. On top of that Touta continuously helping her get over her fatalism, which is what is whole this manga about.

Negi and Nagi actually only enforced her fatalism in a way.
Old 2017-02-17, 14:39   Link #5447
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
I am but busy so I will be brief. Eva change started even before UQ holder when she became his Guardian. She became lot of softer, more responsible and more open in general. On top of that Touta continuously helping her get over her fatalism, which is what is whole this manga about.

Negi and Nagi actually only enforced her fatalism in a way.
How do you know that was a result of taking care of Touta? She's the leader of UQ Holder - you say Touta changed her, but it's far more likely because she changed years before she met Touta that she took care of him in the first place.
You still haven't answered my question, because you can't. Eva has not changed from the beginning of UQ Holder to now. She's played the side role. Touta didn't help her get over her fatalism - you're confusing the flashbacks with the person she is now.

And as a reminder, Eva has yet to send Asuna back in time, before Negi dies. When that happened in Negima, she was still the playful, mischievous mentor. I don't care if she's softer and more open - if she's useless as fuck and can't take care of herself, or Touta for that matter, then she's gotten weaker and declined as a character. Almost all the events in Negima take place before UQ Holder, except for the glimpse in the future where Negi is dead, most of Asuna's classmates are dead, all because Asuna woke up too late. That is the confirmation that the Eva we knew in Negima is not gone completely.
What this whole manga is about is completely subjective, but I'd say considering how little of a role Eva plays, it's about Touta stopping Negi.

Just to get this straight, if Eva is unhappy now, was she ever happy? After the 300 chapters in Negima when she spent time and had adventures with her classmates and Negi, she was never happy? Rhetorical questions, by the way. Of course she was happy then. All when she was neither soft nor "responsible." Now, fast forward, and suddenly she's not only far weaker, far more docile, she's also unhappy. See the problem here? Making Eva happy is going to return her to true self, which all of you were so eager to discard.
Old 2017-02-17, 20:56   Link #5448
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
She became lot of softer, more responsible and more open in general.
We are talking about the same Yukihime who, over a petty squabble, threw the leader of the super important public service organization she was supposed helping helming down a hole, effectively leaving said organization headless as she walked away for years without keeping contact, only to expect being greeted like a queen without any questions over her return?

The same Yukihime who, after knowing Touta was a potential target for Fate, who has eyes everywhere, still sends Touta out in the open in missions along the other newbies and the woman she knew was nearly pathologically jealous over anyone who was close to her? Even after receiving confirmation that, yes, Fate WAS after Touta and well aware of his new condition?

The same Yukihime who, when Touta expresses understandable frustration over being kept in the dark like a child over his condition while being treated as an adult to be sent in dangerous missions and being charged with overwhelming debts for saving innocent lives in situations beyond his full control, reacts by striking him physically and basically treating him as her private property?

The same Yukihime who still spends years without contacting allies who would give everything for her, the same Yukihime who would deny Chachamaru any chance to meet up with the grandson of the man Chachamaru dearly loved until circumstances all but forced her to, the same Yukihime who still keeps using Karin's affection for her as an useful tool to keep her as her soldier and personal valet after God knows how long of never ever mentioning her to anyone or giving a token showing she ever cared about her?

That same responsible, softer and open Yukihime?
Old 2017-02-18, 06:27   Link #5449
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Lastly Eva likely loves Touta most of Springfields. MotB took appearance of all three, but she let her defenses down only for "Touta", so there is that.
I just caught up, so I've recently read those chapters, and she pretty clearly lets down her guard for all three. She and (the real) Touta even banter about it after both non-Touta incidents, which is when MotB finally launches an actually damaging attack, which gets through. In the prior cases, the attacks were a blindside by Al (Nagi) and a kiss (Nagi), but she clearly let down her guard for both.
Old 2017-02-18, 11:26   Link #5450
Tenzen12

It get through only because she lowered her guard for real. Yes she got affected by each if MotB alliteration, but she didn't left any opening until "Touta" , that's why MotB couldn't launch any damaging attack before. It was explicitly said so you you should reread whole thing one more time.

Well, I I find discussion with people who doesn't really listen tiresome so I am bailing out for time being. You can have last word or whatever.
Old 2017-02-18, 12:00   Link #5451
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I just caught up, so I've recently read those chapters, and she pretty clearly lets down her guard for all three. She and (the real) Touta even banter about it after both non-Touta incidents, which is when MotB finally launches an actually damaging attack, which gets through. In the prior cases, the attacks were a blindside by Al (Nagi) and a kiss (Nagi), but she clearly let down her guard for both.
Phantasmagoria is a psychological realm. Eva got distracted by the three of them, but really only let her mind open and vulnerable when she was acting all tsundere with Touta. Only at that moment MotB could inflict actual damage on her.
Old 2017-03-04, 03:49   Link #5452
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

any news for chapter 134?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 12:56   Link #5453
Hata
時の異邦人

new negima wideban cover, #7 Ayaka, #8 Chisame,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
initial 134 spoiler has no surprise,

Spoiler for 134:
Old 2017-03-06, 13:55   Link #5454
NapoleonDeCheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4gSdRx-24M

Old 2017-03-06, 17:58   Link #5455
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Images are up on my blog.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 02:08   Link #5456
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Spoiler for comment:
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 12:38   Link #5457
novalysis

Quote:
Spoiler for comment:
Spoiler for 134:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 02:51   Link #5458
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Spoiler for 134:
Spoiler for 134:

— like I said, this is really a “loud” arc of a bunch of nothing, takes up lot’s of time and pages, and did not progress the story much, and kind of waste the story device of tournament and race to the side after all the build up and heavy weight characters, (including recast probably the 5 most popular Negima characters who is not Eva.) now it would be a problem after the “high water mark” to build the story up again for the anime run IMO, especially when you have such a short time interval, (for monthly, only 9 more chapters to the end of the year.) so for a 12 episodes short run, there is no way they can match the manga progress, my guess would be 2 episodes per one manga book, done up to book 6 and the end of Sayako arc, which is fine with me, since I consider Sayako arc the best UQ arc so far.
Old 2017-03-08, 07:14   Link #5459
NapoleonDeCheese

So once again, Mana and Zazie are relegated to doing off panel stuff only revealed after the fact.

Lame.

Lame.

LAME!

And again, UQ Holder doesn't have to deal with the consequences of their fights. Neat.
Old 2017-03-08, 09:26   Link #5460
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post

And again, UQ Holder doesn't have to deal with the consequences of their fights. Neat.
The Kirei time reset has more or less ensured that anyway.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love