AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 11:08   Link #21
marvelB

This was an alright chapter. I see many conflicting opinions about how Chopper's group handled the giant kids, but I will say that even if they are kids, the fact that they're all drug-addicted giants with super strength WOULD make things a wee bit on the difficult side for those who AREN'T part of the Monster Trio.....

Also, totally agree with Aohige that Luffy looks badass "wearing" Momo like that. And hey, now he's back to kick ass and take names! Too bad we'll have to wait two weeks to see whether that'll happen next chapter, though.

BTW, for some reason, it never occurred to me to put the chapter break announcements in the thread title. I'll be sure to borrow that idea myself as soon as I'm back on full-time thread duties.....
Old 2012-11-07, 11:42   Link #22
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Also Ace and Whitebeard would like to disagree with you. We knew of them both ( slowly built up) ever since Arabasta for good many years.
Yes but they were built up to die.

I think Smoker is a bit different. Of course he might die, but I don't think there is a high probability of that happening.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:30   Link #23
Kona
Banned

Dissapointing chapter this week

So many wasted panels on the kids. We got like 3 flashbacks from them already.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:50   Link #24
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm also a bit disappointed about the matter with the kids.
Grown up Giants were no match for the Straw Hats before the time skip, so those kids shouldn't be as well.
I'm pretty sure, Nami, Robin, Chopper never battled giants...
Old 2012-11-07, 14:32   Link #25
Rainbowman

So sad to see Mocha do what she did. I hope she makes a recovery. As for next week, we could use a break after our anxiety on Election Day.
Old 2012-11-07, 14:33   Link #26
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I already have a loaded colt ready to shoot and kill any naysayers.

Also... our future Pirate King lad is WEARING a dragon.
I can't make an entrance more badass than that.
Very true. If there wall instead of a corridor he would kool-aid man his way into the next room.

I wonder if monosuke wrapped around Luffy is because he is tired due to the effects of the "failed" fruit.

This chapter sets up what could be a focus on Chopper's medical development in the last 2 years. I like how he continues to take a stance as a doctor, like he did with Hogback in the Thriller Bark arc. I wonder if he can save Mocha.

Did anyone notice one of the marines to the left of Sanji in pg 18 had an "S" on his chest. Is Sanji becoming the Buggy of Smoker's G5 marines? hehe.

Last edited by golgo13; 2012-11-07 at 14:33. Reason: grammar
Old 2012-11-07, 14:49   Link #27
Somnus
Eh?

Though the build up to it made it predictable, I was still sad to actually see Mocha eat all of it. Broke my heart, and like it was said earlier if this wasn't One Piece I'd fear for her safety.

As for this conversation about incompetence, I find it a bit silly. It's like asking a safari ranger to sedate 100 rampaging animals without permanent damage in 5 minutes by himself and simply handing him a rifle, then calling him incompetent because he can't do it. The situational elements are all there, the tall order, crazy time constraint, and severe lack of able personnel on hand. All the trio could do is what they could with what they had. "Do whatever it takes?" What? If you hadn't noticed, they're trying NOT to defeat the kids as they did the 20,000 on fishmen island. The only strawhats who'd be able to feasibly accomplish this would be Luffy with CoC, or Zoro with his "mad fear skillz". Even Sanji, one of the monster trio, needed a battalion of marines to accomplish this in a short time.

Back on chapter though, I can't wait for Luffy to do his thing. If his entrance is anything to go by, it's going to be spectacular.
Old 2012-11-07, 16:41   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
I'm pretty sure, Nami, Robin, Chopper never battled giants...

Exactly. heck, I even pointed out in my last post that battling giants would be difficult for those not part of the Monster Trio (well, I guess Franky would be an exception, but still). Plus, there's the fact that they're.... y'know, kids. And while CC may be a heartless monster who'd gladly let them waste away for the sake of his research, the Straw-Hats at least have some compassion......

And going back to Luffy: I dare anyone to say that wearing a dragon around your body like a fur coat isn't the most pimp thing ever.
Old 2012-11-07, 16:44   Link #29
james0246

^Where are Franky, Usopp and Brook anyway?
Old 2012-11-07, 16:46   Link #30
marvelB

^I think they were with Kinemon, weren't they? I know they were supposed to be searching for Momo (who, incidentally, is with Luffy right now).....
Old 2012-11-07, 17:00   Link #31
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yes but they were built up to die.

I think Smoker is a bit different. Of course he might die, but I don't think there is a high probability of that happening.
Well imo maybe in Whitebeard's case ok, in a way he was. I can see that. But i think many if not majority of people thought/expected that ace would survive.

But yeah, that was my opinion and i respect yours .

In a way though, Tashigi's last conversation with smoker keeps me thinking. Imo if not in this arc, eventually Smoker will die saving a lot of his men and standing by his motto.

Chapter 678 of one piece makes me think that way.
Old 2012-11-07, 17:19   Link #32
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
omg Mocha is such a badass....
Old 2012-11-07, 23:45   Link #33
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

This arc is getting boring, Hope Doflamingo shows up soon.
Old 2012-11-08, 01:15   Link #34
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

fighting caesar with (oriental) dragon armor...

hmmm, cool enough
Old 2012-11-08, 04:19   Link #35
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
This arc is getting boring, Hope Doflamingo shows up soon.
Like most post-East Blue One Piece arcs it's getting dragged out which makes it boring by the end.
Old 2012-11-08, 08:41   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^I think they were with Kinemon, weren't they? I know they were supposed to be searching for Momo (who, incidentally, is with Luffy right now).....
Usopp and Brook are, but Franky has pretty much disappeared after escaping the cage.
Old 2012-11-08, 09:24   Link #37
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Like most post-East Blue One Piece arcs it's getting dragged out which makes it boring by the end.
You people are just too hasty. Compared to anime this is fast progressing.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-11-08, 11:05   Link #38
james0246

Quote:
Yeah, but where are they (the last time we saw them, Brook was doing his ghost impersonation and Kinemon was freaking right the f-k out )? Oda keeps showing us a map of the encroaching death, so why can't he key us in to where everyone is (which he has done various times in the past). Additionally, just how big is the facility that there can be three separate groups all running around without knowing where each other are? And where is Franky anyway?

Blah. The kids section of this arc is really boring (we get it, Caesar is a monster and Monet is a douche), and the fighting has been lackluster. And what's worse, the comedy has gotten boring with only one or two decent jokes a chapter. Please Oda save us from the bad comedy (though, I did like how the Marine doctors looked so shoddy, shady, disreputable and generally perverted).
Old 2012-11-08, 11:11   Link #39
marvelB

I guess people just want the series to have super-fast pacing like Toriko. But unfortunately that would make for a very sloppy story (case in point: Look at what happened when Oda rushed the previous storyline!). The impatient ones can fuss all they want, but I'd rather the story take its damn time so it can flow better.....
Old 2012-11-08, 11:41   Link #40
james0246

Quote:
I guess people just want the series to have super-fast pacing like Toriko. But unfortunately that would make for a very sloppy story (case in point: Look at what happened when Oda rushed the previous storyline!). The impatient ones can fuss all they want, but I'd rather the story take its damn time so it can flow better.....
I'm all for slow and steady when what is being discussed/shown is interesting. Sadly, druggie children causing a ruckus is extremely uninteresting after the first chapter.

I do like Mocha though, or at least the lengths she has gone to in order to save her friends. Mocha for Nakama! Chopper needs some "companionship"...that came out dirtier than I intended.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion