Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-05, 16:52   Link #8201
Motor Bug2005

Spoiler for Spoiler for 354:
Motor Bug2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 23:52   Link #8202
cyberdemon

I'm really hoping the way this manga is ending is just a set up for a direct sequel that deals with all the loose ends currently in this manga. These last 2 chapters could be a set up to the roles the now older characters will play in the sequel.
Old 2012-03-06, 00:33   Link #8203
edgelesspigeon

As far as I can tell, these are plot lines that are still left hanging, though some may be resolved in the final chapter (there's probably several that I'm neglecting):

1. Negi's father, where he is, what does he have to do with the Lifemaker (is he possessed by the Lifemaker?)
2. The Lifemaker (What happened to him? Is he still alive? Did Negi and Asuna kill him with that sword slash (very anti-climatic if so)? Where is he?)
3. What happened to and where is Arika?
4. Eva said that Asuna's personality would probably be erased during her hibernation. Any explanation as to how her personality survived?
5. Any for explanation for the alternate future Negi dying despite Magica Erebea?
6. Ako's scar?
7. Negi fulfilling his promise to free Eva?
8. Curing the petrification of his village?
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 01:44   Link #8204
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I prefer to wait until Ken Akamatsu's vision of the series' ending is fully realized. Then I can attack him. And truthfully, I liked that sports festival arc. I thought it was funny.
Um, wasn't the movie supposed to be KA's vision of the series' end? Or so that's how I understood it.

So, the penultimate chapter was about Yue and the chichi monster. There is pretty much nothing KA can do in 2 chapters about loose ends, so maybe taking this route isn't so bad (ie, putting in something pointless). Though I'm not saying that this doesn't leave a bad aftertaste. This is making me remember the horrible end of School Rumble. But hey, at least it doesn't seem like it will end in a pie fight .
Old 2012-03-06, 02:05   Link #8205
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Ugh this manga had so much potential x.x
Old 2012-03-06, 02:18   Link #8206
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Oh look, it's the second last chapter! And it features Yue and that disgusting molester that readers were supposed to find funny! And it's going to expand to the next chapter too, which means there's no suitable space for any revelation regarding Arika, Nagi and the Lifemaker! Thanks Akamatsu, I really love this![/sarcasm]
Old 2012-03-06, 02:44   Link #8207
Valky
Radioactive

What the heck is this? Arghh, the last chapter better be 200 pages long or it just bad ..
Old 2012-03-06, 02:50   Link #8208
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
7. Negi fulfilling his promise to free Eva?
I hooopeee that this will be explained/told in the last chapter :<

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 04:10   Link #8209
edgelesspigeon

Lifemaker and Eva are the plot threads I most want to be answered.
Old 2012-03-06, 04:50   Link #8210
edgelesspigeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oh look, it's the second last chapter! And it features Yue and that disgusting molester that readers were supposed to find funny! And it's going to expand to the next chapter too, which means there's no suitable space for any revelation regarding Arika, Nagi and the Lifemaker! Thanks Akamatsu, I really love this![/sarcasm]
Boy, you said it. I started getting nervous about the pace of the manga when the Rakan fight started taking forever (as opposed to actual plot advancement), and I became really unnerved with how the Lifemaker, the Big Bad of the manga, shows up for a few chapters before being unceremoniously... well, whatever happened to him (killed? banished? forced to retreat?). And we had a few OK chapters about Negi's plans for Magica Mundus, and then we took a fatal nosedive into the Sports Festival arc, followed the incredibly rushed "goodbye Asuna arc, no, wait she's back" arc, and now... this.
Old 2012-03-06, 05:07   Link #8211
amasposu

Just read 354.

It is such a troll chapter that I can't stop laughing. It looks like Akamatsu-sensei is using the same ending formula as Love Hina. In both series, new character(s) are introduced in the second to last chapter. While it worked in Love Hina, it is clearly proving to be disastrous in Negima. You just can't shift the focus from over 30 heroines to a pair of new characters.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 05:23   Link #8212
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I don't think the main problem is the over 30 heroines part, but it's the whole plot in the entire series that are left unexplained

I'm still waiting for the last chapter so I don't know what will happen...if the last chapter manage to give a sense of closure to the series (in KA words : good end in negima), that doesn't mean that he could just left so many things unexplained or just summed up in one chapter

Old 2012-03-06, 06:46   Link #8213
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While I like the idea of Yue as a magical detective... it's something I would have saved for a sequel or spinoff. With all the loose plot threads, it makes zero sense to have it here.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 06:59   Link #8214
Motor Bug2005

Spoiler for Chapter 354:

Last edited by Motor Bug2005; 2012-03-06 at 12:58.
Old 2012-03-06, 07:29   Link #8215
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Considering the photos that were taken in the alternate timeline (where Nodoka and Yue worked together in space), I'm fairly sure that she's still in contact with Nodoka. For me, it's like she's trying to work in space together with Nodoka

Old 2012-03-06, 07:37   Link #8216
Motor Bug2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Considering the photos that were taken in the alternate timeline (where Nodoka and Yue worked together in space), I'm fairly sure that she's still in contact with Nodoka. For me, it's like she's trying to work in space together with Nodoka
This makes sense but I'm still wondering why Yue would call photos of herself in middle school "not worth your time". Unless she has some kind of bad memory attached to these photos that she's trying to forget, I have no idea why she would do that.
Old 2012-03-06, 07:47   Link #8217
Lycodrake

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-06, 08:08   Link #8218
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Disappointment after disappointment... I guess it is tough to expect things to heat up for the finale.
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 08:19   Link #8219
azziz

i don't dislike this chapter:yue,in spite of having less(much less?)mana than konoka,is much more amazing-her magical skill are incredible!
i can bear the randomlesness of the story because i can't help unconciously hoping for a proper sequel.
in other word,i was expecting nothing of the three last chapter,no worthy conclusion...
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 10:02   Link #8220
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Her Adeat artifact wasn't a broom/book. Perhaps she has moved on.

Tags
action, fantasy