AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-27, 20:24   Link #61
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Am I the only who think that Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Bell doesnt fit??? Yeah he is good, but i dont see his voice playing a good role with this character
Old 2014-12-27, 20:30   Link #62
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Am I the only who think that Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Bell doesnt fit??? Yeah he is good, but i dont see his voice playing a good role with this character
We already had a discussion about that, and I'm with you, the guy's good, but mostly with snarky, somewhat arrogant, proud guys, none of which applies to Bell.
Old 2014-12-27, 20:30   Link #63
Valky
Radioactive

Yeah, it sounds weird. And I'm being generous here.
Old 2014-12-27, 20:37   Link #64
Wandering Soul

Yeah his voice doesn't really suit Bell.
Old 2014-12-27, 20:53   Link #65
Pablete
Banned

Visual Key and Character designs added to the. first post as well.
Old 2014-12-27, 21:11   Link #66
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

holy crap Hestia's boobs got bigger
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-12-27, 21:20   Link #67
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
>Implying those were not big in the original designs.
Old 2014-12-27, 21:28   Link #68
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

i knew they were big, but gawd anime really upgrades
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-12-27, 21:30   Link #69
Miraluka
Banned

Actually, I thought they were smaller in comparison
Old 2014-12-27, 21:34   Link #70
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I can't imagine the guy who did NGNL's Sora doing an innocent Bell. It just doesn't work in my head.
I told you guys it wouldn't work. This guy can't pull off the childlike tone I always envisioned for Bell. Animation looks awkward, at least compared to the manga. It's too detailed in the wrong places. In short, I think they're overdoing it on the medieval like setting. This looks like the same epic animation fail as Outbreak Company.

As for Hestia's boobs, it's more like her outfit got more revealing.
Old 2014-12-27, 22:31   Link #71
The One Above God
Kamijou

Bell sounds weird...doesn't sound like a child...oh well, I'll get used to it...maybe...anyway, Hestia sounds a bit too young. I like the visuals so far. Let's just hope the fight scenes finely adapted.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2014-12-27, 23:42   Link #72
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Have you read the latest chapter of the manga? They've always been massive
Old 2014-12-27, 23:51   Link #73
AceTrigger

What's with the trend of hiring Yoshitsugu Matsuoka to voiced the MCs of harem anime lately?
Old 2014-12-27, 23:55   Link #74
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTrigger View Post
What's with the trend of hiring Yoshitsugu Matsuoka to voiced the MCs of harem anime lately?
Kirito.

That's pretty much it (To everyone in this thread, if there IS more to it, please do tell).

It usually works since most harem MCs are supposed to be cool and cocky to some degree, but Bell is not.
Old 2014-12-28, 02:06   Link #75
Trung-t-rung

I always though Bell's voice would be more shota-ish then the usual cool, cocky Kirito's voice.
Old 2014-12-28, 04:07   Link #76
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

I was really hoping, for Yoshitsugu Matsuoka to have some hidden talent and do a good job as Bell. Sadly I have to agree that his voice really doesn't suit Bell.
Old 2014-12-28, 05:54   Link #77
Iron Maw
Banned

That was pretty a decent PV, nothing mind-blowing, but the animation looks pretty solid. Music is super generic through. =/

Anyway, having read the manga scanlations and 2 volumes of LN (and about 25% of the 3rd) to see what all the hubbub was all about I'm quite liking this series. It doesn't really stand out much compared to other High Fantasy LNs that I'm reading like Rokka no Yusha or Samayou no Duelist any particular way, but it's low calorie atmosphere evoke early Shounen Jump manga vibes which is pretty charming.

This is definitely well suited for anime because it very easy adapt. There isn't a whole lot of technical jargon and what's there is pretty self explanatory maybe save for Stat Ranks. The use of Internal monologue is limited compared to most LNs I've seen, the characters most part are pretty simple but likable. Lastly there isn't much of a defined plot, in fact I'd say it's more SOL then adventure type of story. It makes the books very character driven. So pacing shouldn't be much of a issue any volume could serve as good stopping point. Honesty you would have to be really one hack of Director and Writer to screw something like this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
ANN naming sense gives me cancer.
To be fair it's not much better in novels. Half the characters names look the author pulled out random english words and strung together.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-12-28 at 09:14.
Old 2014-12-28, 07:01   Link #78
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm...well, I have only read the available manga chs (which cover through vol one and touch a bit into vol two), and I did not really get much of a feel for any of the character's voices, but it is emphasized that Bell is a young, idealistic and innocent male there.

To be honest the story itself did not appeal overmuch to me, but it was especially bad per se...just...I dunno...kinda lukewarm, I guess. (I hear the novels are better, though.)

I enjoy sword and sorcery stuff generally, though, so I may give this one a try at least. Maybe the VA for Bell will work out really nicely by bringing aspects to the character we had not anticipated or such? Hmm. Well, we'll see, I guess. Maybe if more pv's come out it will help me get a clearer image....
Old 2014-12-28, 07:03   Link #79
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm...well, I have only read the available manga chs (which cover through vol one and touch a bit into vol two), and I did not really get much of a feel for any of the character's voices, but it is emphasized that Bell is a young, idealistic and innocent male there.

To be honest the story itself did not appeal overmuch to me, but it was especially bad per se...just...I dunno...kinda lukewarm, I guess. (I hear the novels are better, though.)

I enjoy sword and sorcery stuff generally, though, so I may give this one a try at least. Maybe the VA for Bell will work out really nicely by bringing aspects to the character we had not anticipated or such? Hmm. Well, we'll see, I guess. Maybe if more pv's come out it will help me get a clearer image....
It gets soooooooo much better at volume 3. That volume and the succeeding ones are the reason I'm hyped for this one.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2014-12-28, 07:20   Link #80
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

I checked out novels once I was done with manga myself and so far it is been more or less a 1:1 in terms of adaptation. Only one scene from the vol 1 was skipped and that was epilogue. Which wasn't anything very special to be honest. I'm not quite "loving" the series myself, but am I intrigued enough by it. I suspect that I'll probably enjoyed Vol 1 and 2 a bit more animated than in text.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-12-28 at 10:48.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, dungeons, gods