AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-09-13, 03:20   Link #1
videoman190

Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link

Cygames just announced at TGS. They bring their popular cellphone rpg series to PS4 & PSVR!

Quote:
Cygames recently announced Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link as a 3D action RPG developed by Platinum Games. Today it was revealed that it’ll be for PlayStation 4.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/13...MlSsQOou16J.99
[/qoute]

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/13...unced-for-ps4/
Quote:

Re: Link follows a story set after the heroes of the smartphone game finish up with Phantagrande.

Although the last island of Phantagrande has appeared and the story of a new Skydom is depicted in the September update of the smartphone game, Re: Link will tell the story of a different Skydom.

There are no major changes regarding other settings.

Many characters from the Crew in the smartphone game will appear. You’ll progress through the story while controlling these characters.

They’re still planning how to link the PlayStation 4 game with the smartphone game.

They can’t share any details yet, but the idea is for various things to happen in the PlayStation 4 game if you play the smartphone game, and vice-versa.

The character shown in the latest trailer is a key figure of the story. She looks similar to Djeeta, but is actually a different person.

The genre is an action RPG. PlayStation VR support is under investigation. (This line is weird, as they confirmed PlayStation VR support during today’s announcement.)

Right now the game’s single-player parts are being made, but they’re also thinking about a multiplayer story.

As for multiplayer, they’re planning to put in a mode in which a number of players advance the story together, and a mode where players take down huge monsters together.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/09/granblue-...ClYojWAxmYh.99

Last edited by videoman190; 2016-09-13 at 13:27.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 04:54   Link #2
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
BTW, the character who looks like Djeeta and clearly has Kanemoto voice just like Djeeta and is narrating this new trailer is apparently a new character and not necessarily Djeeta... Not sure how that works. Probably still Djeeta anyway, they could just be acting silly by not saying a name, only calling her "new character".

Last edited by Tokkan; 2016-09-13 at 06:18.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 12:25   Link #3
Asuras
Dictadere~!

2018?! D:

Well it looks pretty stunning. Probably one of the more beautiful anime games I've ever seen.
Old 2016-09-15, 18:07   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
BTW, the character who looks like Djeeta and clearly has Kanemoto voice just like Djeeta and is narrating this new trailer is apparently a new character and not necessarily Djeeta... Not sure how that works. Probably still Djeeta anyway, they could just be acting silly by not saying a name, only calling her "new character".
I was hoping they'd find a way to have both Gran and Djeeta as the main character, possibly switching them in and out somehow. Action games are more exciting when they give you more ways to fight.
Old 2017-05-24, 06:27   Link #5
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

2nd trailer.

Old 2017-12-23, 08:00   Link #6
videoman190

First gameplay and new info
https://www.dualshockers.com/granblu...k-screenshots/

videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-23, 14:22   Link #7
Shadow5YA

Wow, that's a big improvement from the initial trailers. I had low expectations after Transformers, Korra, and TMNT, but this has my hopes up.

The big question is whether it will get localized when the mobage technically never released overseas either
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-24, 00:47   Link #8
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Holy crap, they put the money they get from gachas to good use here.

It’s settled, I’m getting this game.
Old 2018-01-19, 11:33   Link #9
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-01-21, 02:26   Link #10
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This looks REALLY amazing =03! THIS is what Star Ocean and the Tales Of series SHOULD have amounted to eons ago, but those series were so stuck into their own little bubble that, at some point, it felt like they were afraid of innovation and change.... or didn't capitalize when they did make an innovation by discarding it for something totally new.

On a side note, this actually made me go ahead and try the mobile game. And I must say, with the fully voiced main story, lovely designs, and adorable characters, I can easily see the appeal of the game =03. Still though, I feel like an anime character that got sucked into a fantasy world, where you know that you don't know s*** that's going on and are a far cry from anything close to the latest-and-greatest; its just that much detail and knowledge to take in. I'm not sure I can handle it...but I'll sure d**n gonna try >=03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 05:12   Link #11
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

New gameplay video shown during Granblue Fest 2018
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Fukuhara stated the game was supposed to be released on 2018 but they had to delay it without any precision regarding the release date.

Definitely still work in progress. While the gameplay looks pretty much settled by Platinum games standards, the graphics are still quite rough: special effects on the attacks are good enough, but shadows are not really applied well, especially on characters around the first minute where the tunnel is supposed to be dark, yet the characters almost look like radiating lights.
Also, the textures of the backgrounds and most items are a bit too simple, but well.

At least, the boss fight looks pretty interesting.
Old 2018-12-15, 05:29   Link #12
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://relink.granbluefantasy.jp/en/

English version of the official website, so probably also planned for an English release.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 20:35   Link #13
Shadow5YA

I wonder how far along they are if they can't even promise a 2019 release window at this point...

I see that the localization is as impeccable as ever

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2018-12-16 at 23:44.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action rpg, cygames, psvr, rpg