AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-27, 13:46   Link #81
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I kinda found this episode a bit forced. Disowning the girl for breaking stuff was a bit hard and we had to see another person living homeless. Hope the comedy returns next week.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 13:57   Link #82
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I kinda found this episode a bit forced. Disowning the girl for breaking stuff was a bit hard and we had to see another person living homeless. Hope the comedy returns next week.
We're not just talking about "breaking stuff". Breaking a $30 vase would be "breaking stuff". Nitta doesn't do $30 vases. He goes for the really expensive kinds. Seriously, this brat falls into him, demands that he turn his entire life upside down and dedicate tons of time and money and effort to a complete stranger, to which his only thanks is steady destruction of his most valuable and prized possessions, the very possessions she'd used to threaten him in the first place. How can people say he was "harsh" to disown her? Rather, how can people actually use the term "disown" for a guy telling a stranger that threatened him into allowing her to freeload that she can't freeload anymore? I'm not saying he was in the right, it was wrong. But I do think he had every right to do so.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 14:32   Link #83
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
you are the kind of person who already has guaranteed place in heaven then. Honestly, Nitta is right about what he did, at least I would have done it, that girl is a walking disaster.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 16:15   Link #84
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Yeah a lot of series here will have very high point and very low ones, this one was one of those lows, at least that allow all three main girls interact each other indirectly but yeah this was an fillerish chapter.
Nivek von Beldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 16:22   Link #85
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Parenthood is hard. :')
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 18:33   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nitta was wrong to kick Hina out without making sure she had a place to stay, but I can't say I don't understand where he was coming from. And in the end, this episode established Nitta cares about Hina since he was worried about her, and that Hina similarly cares about him since she had a pretty good thing going and still decided to go back to him. This was necessary. This experience made them realize things they wouldn't have otherwise.

Hitomi is such a hard worker. Not that she has a choice. Speaking of which, was Utako really in a position to lecture Nitta when she's blackmailing a middle schooler into working at her bar? Sure, she's paying her, but she's also working her to the bone.
Old 2018-04-27, 19:28   Link #87
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hitomi is such a hard worker. Not that she has a choice. Speaking of which, was Utako really in a position to lecture Nitta when she's blackmailing a middle schooler into working at her bar? Sure, she's paying her, but she's also working her to the bone.
That's kinda different from kicking your supposed daughter out to live on the streets.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 20:21   Link #88
Dawnstorm

By the end of this series Hitomi is going to run the Yakuza, isn't she?

Show of the season.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 21:50   Link #89
grecefar

the only good people in this serie are hitomi and anzu, is good that they form a friendship.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 21:52   Link #90
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
That's kinda different from kicking your supposed daughter out to live on the streets.
Yeah. That's part of the problem he has. If they understood the real situation, they'd probably be like Anzu: "Why the heck didn't you kick her out sooner?". But no, they've decided he's her father, so now he's screwed.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 22:03   Link #91
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
was Utako really in a position to lecture Nitta when she's blackmailing a middle schooler into working at her bar?
Nitta *is* a Yakuza. Yakuza do blackmail, for profit to boot. So yeah, Utako was in said position since Nitta cannot argue he has the "higher moral ground".

I think the episode was refreshing, in most other animes it is routine to think "why s/he he does do the obvious? Japanese are too nice" BAM! Nitta kicks Hina from his condo. Then the reverse "Why there are no consequences when s/he does something despicable" BAM! He gets kicked out of the bar.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 22:48   Link #92
HandofFate

I liked that he put Hina's $30 vase next to his $10,000 or whatever expensive ones.
Old 2018-04-27, 23:47   Link #93
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Nitta was wrong to kick Hina out without making sure she had a place to stay, but I can't say I don't understand where he was coming from.
It was funny.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 08:19   Link #94
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I liked that he put Hina's $30 vase next to his $10,000 or whatever expensive ones.
I suspect its now his most prized posession
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 09:07   Link #95
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I dunno what significance there is with Utako throwing salt on the floor, but I lol'd. Dunno why that little moment made me laugh.
If I remember correctly, in sumo, the throwing of salt onto the arena floor is part of a purification ritual.

Hitomi seems to be the ultimate victim of circumstance, what with getting dragged around doing things for others but being too nice to put her foot down.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 13:33   Link #96
Tenzen12

It's not really just in Sumo. Salt is supposed ward and purify evil spirits in general. She practically exorcise Nitta away from her bar
Old 2018-04-28, 15:06   Link #97
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
I suspect its now his most prized posession
If nothing else, it's the only one she won't threaten to break.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 16:23   Link #98
bakato

Hina is unquestionably the most difficult heroine to like in this show. Unlike countless other leeching, spoiled heroine brats, she doesn't act the way she does because of malice or selfishness. Whatever life she's lived has just made her incapable of taking caring of herself.
Old 2018-04-28, 19:32   Link #99
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
By the end of this series Hitomi is going to run the Yakuza, isn't she?

Show of the season.
If anything, Hitomi is going the Hanekawa path, the Yakuza is just way toooo little for her.
Old 2018-04-30, 12:42   Link #100
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's not really just in Sumo. Salt is supposed ward and purify evil spirits in general. She practically exorcise Nitta away from her bar
THIS! She pretty much threw a fist full of salt. This gag never gets old for me.

Tags
comedy (actually funny), esper, yakuza