AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 19:11   Link #21
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

I was kidda stereotypical about this anime because

Original novel was illustrated by Kairi Yura(the character designer of the Angelique series)
+It features a lot of hot guys
+ the cast is so brilliant(it's very rare to see Sekitomo,Hiyama Nobuyuki,Morimori,Ikeda Shuiichi etcs in one anime :P)
=It'll be a Haruka/Angelique-ish Harem anime
=not good

but anyways I was wrong. Kou Shurei is one of the best female characters ever.(Unlike those dodohead female leading roles in Angelique/Haruka./no offense to fans.Actually I'm a Ange fan myself From what I heard the novel is heavily based on Shureii and the country's political issues and very,very light on romance.Sweet.
Spring features wonderful male-harem works like Ouran High School Host Club and Saiungoku Story.So happy.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 16:34   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 2 raw

Just as good as episode one, IMO. A classic story in a classic setting, with excellent voice-acting, and a wonderful look. The premise is an old one, but it works. And Shuurei is such a wonderful character.

The OP and ED songs are both lovely, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-15 at 17:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 00:55   Link #23
miaka

Episode two is nice lots of funny scene. Its episode title is "The Frog In The Well Knows Not The Great Ocean" I think the frog is refering to the king. He is only exposed to decent luxery in the palace and unaware of what is happening outside. The episode also discuss the political structure of ancient chinese government.

a quick summary. but I did not go onto the details so forgive me.
Spoiler:

Last edited by miaka; 2006-04-17 at 07:47.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 08:13   Link #24
Simon
気持ち悪い

DVDs

This may be a little premature for a series without a sub yet, but I was hunting around the Animate Shop website and stumbled across the DVDs for this anime. Its 39 episodes are going to be spread over 13 DVDs, available in both limited and regular editions (cat. numbers FCBN-6~18 and FCBN-19~31 respectively). First release is August this year, last is August 2007.

I find the Animate site a bit hard to navigate and link to, but CDJapan have listed the V1 limited and regular edition.

My one grumble is that it seems you don't get boxes even with the LEs, but you have to collect tokens and send them in - not very helpful for those of us outside Japan...
Old 2006-04-23, 07:37   Link #25
luzmil

I really hope someone sub Saiunkoku monogatari! I don't want it to be like Gallery Fake or Glass Mask, I was really looking forward to them and they didn't get a proper fansub --;

I don't understand why so many groups are working in the same projects and there are other good animes that don't get the attention they deserve, it's so sad
luzmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:33   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 3 raw

Oh, boy, did I love episode 3. Things get more and more interesting. And both Shuurei and the king become more and more attractive characters.
Spoiler for ep3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzmil
I really hope someone subs Saiunkoku Monogatari! I don't want it to be like Gallery Fake or Glass Mask, I was really looking forward to them and they didn't get a proper fansub....
AndrewLB's page says that two groups are working on this series: Ayu and Say China.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-23 at 16:22.
Old 2006-04-24, 21:10   Link #27
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

After watching episode 3, I am beginning to like the king better, since

Spoiler:
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 19:52   Link #28
Apocryphal

For a series of 39 episodes, the pacing of the anime is much faster than I expected. Since the manga is still running (I think), would the anime ends at a cliff-hanger or would it try for an original ending?
Apocryphal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:03   Link #29
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
AndrewLB's page says that two groups are working on this series: Ayu and Say China.
Thanks for the info Kaoru I was getting worried that no was going to take this and id have to sit watching the raws not understanding a single thing. I cant wait either until the subs for this are released .
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 07:38   Link #30
miaka

Just finished watching episode 4. The story revolved around Seiran.
Spoiler:
Things getting to heat up. The series seems so organized. I was little worried about the complicated matter of the characters.
Old 2006-05-02, 19:57   Link #31
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
XD Im so happy Ayu finally released the sub now I can finally understand what they are saying. Thanks Ayu!!!
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 20:34   Link #32
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Just noticed Ayu's release and thought I'd do some research on it. Definetly sounds like something worth looking into and giving a chance.
Old 2006-05-02, 21:01   Link #33
domino
デレデレ

Yay, the sub is out! Thanks, Ayu!

I was worried that it would fall into one of the negative points that many shoujo series suffer from (bad animation, bad storytelling, annoying characters), but was pleasantly surprised to find that everything about the show is enjoyable. It's pleasing to look at, the music is nice and relaxing, the story + storytelling are really good... great show!

I really like the main character! I wish her luck taming the emperor. :P It looks like they'll be a cute couple.

Only thing I didn't like was the opening/closing songs aren't very catchy, but at least they're pretty. Sakura petals! Yura Kairi artwork!!

I love historical fantasy tales that are well-told and well-made, and this looks like it will fit perfectly. I'm happy~
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 22:07   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
...Only thing I didn't like was the opening/closing songs aren't very catchy, but at least they're pretty. Sakura petals! Yura Kairi artwork!! I love historical fantasy tales that are well-told and well-made, and this looks like it will fit perfectly. I'm happy~
I really enjoy this show, too. I guarantee it stays just as good or better up to at least episode 4. Fortunately, tastes in music differ: for me, the OP is one of the best of the season.
Old 2006-05-02, 22:54   Link #35
miaka

I agree with kaoru Chujo. The opening theme is my favorite anime song for this season. By the way, the song is already out in Ayaka Hirahara's 4th album 4L.
Old 2006-05-02, 23:33   Link #36
evillily
KissSub_Jelly

Send a message via MSN to evillily Send a message via Yahoo to evillily
I like the song as well!! This is the lyrics↓

はじまりの風

作詞:路川ひまり
作曲:ID
編曲:YANAGIMAN
歌:平原綾香

始まりの風よ 届けメッセージ
"いつでもあなたを信じているから"

あの時 夢に見ていた世界に立っているのに
見渡す景色に 足を少しすくませ
だけど後ろ振り向かないで 歩いてゆくこと决めたから
見上げた空 七色の虹 あなたも見てますか?

始まりの風よ 届けメッセージ
夢に駆け出した背中 見守るから
舞い上がる風よ 想いを伝えて
"いつでもあなたを信じているから"
羽ばたけ 未来へ

例えば たいせつな人を胸に想う時は
誰もがきっと 優しい顔をしてるはず
道は時に果てしなくても 諦めずに行くよ

始まりの風よ 届けメッセージ
遥かな旅路のその先で待ってる
舞い上がる風よ 運命も越えて
願いは届くと 信じられるから
いつかまた逢えたから あの笑顔見せて

始まりの風よ 届けメッセージ
遥かな旅路のその先で待ってる
舞い上がる風よ 運命も越えて
願いは届くと 信じられるから
恐れるものなどない"あなたがいるから"

This anime's great but hard to translate though...since it's got heaps of culture related stuff in it.
evillily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 23:55   Link #37
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillily
This anime's great but hard to translate though...since it's got heaps of culture related stuff in it.
yeah episode 2 even mentioned ancient chinese political structure and in episode 3 lots of hidden message behind a certain object.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-03, 05:44   Link #38
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
yeah episode 2 even mentioned ancient chinese political structure
That's my hope for this series, that it will have the grand sweep of history and politics but still work on the more personal scale of individual characters and their relationships. My only reference point for this kind of Court drama is reading Dream of the Red Chamber - obviously I don't expect a story quite at that level, but I can see lots of potential in this anime.

Ep 1 was well worth the wait - thanks Ayu!
Old 2006-05-03, 19:12   Link #39
froinlaven
Wanchu!

So I guess it's not technically shoujo, but it seems pretty shoujo to me. The whole reverse male harem thing kinda turns me off to the whole anime, but I could see why people would like it. I suppose Ouran is also a reverse harem, but for some reason, I can handle it. O'well.

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 21:00   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I really like this anime. It's among my favorite shows of the new season.

However, much as I like it, I do find it quite hard to follow sometimes. The plot is getting fairly complex, and I can't keep the characters straight. So to solve the latter problem I made a page with the characters' faces and names and brief bios.

I've also included links to other resources, including a page that has summaries of the first three volumes of the novel, and a blog that looks like it will continue to follow the series.

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse