3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-04, 12:52   Link #121
Imaginary_num6er
虚数

Ok, I've been surfing the net and relized once again, that animesuki forums is the only serious place for series discussion. (That other place that starts with a 4 was a mistake.)

First of all, there are a few assumptions one needs to make before I give my asssumptions about the entire case in ep04. Remember, EVERY SCENE in the anime has a reason to it. Obviously, there are tons of Japanese websites dedictaed to this stuff.

Spoiler for Assumptions:

With that said, lets go look at some of the clues we have.
Spoiler for The entire page what Keiichi wrote (from ep03):

Spoiler for Question: Who could have taken the note paper?:

Spoiler for Question: What was inside the syringe?:

Spoiler for Other Mysteries::

Last edited by Imaginary_num6er; 2006-05-04 at 19:43.
Old 2006-05-04, 14:59   Link #122
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary_num6er
Spoiler:
Think of other homonyms/synonyms of the word "kantoku" in Japanese. The word "kantoku" can mean a lot of things, you know?

If I were the translator, I wouldn't translate "kantoku" in this sense as "the director." I would use the word...."the manager." What kind of managers are there? It important to keep that in mind as we get to Tatarigoroshi-hen. By the time we get there, "the director" translation will make no complete sense as opposed to "the manager" translation.
Old 2006-05-04, 14:59   Link #123
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-04, 15:18   Link #124
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
I would use the word...."the manager."
Ah, so that's why Mion makes the swinging bat or playing baseball (can't remember) comment in his room before he goes ******* on them. That makes more sense now.

I guess it's the manager for the killer loli baseball team.
Old 2006-05-04, 15:52   Link #125
Freakman

To Imaginary Number, about your theories about Keiichi's parents, here's a piece of info from the game that wasn't given in the anime :
Spoiler for episode 4 / game content:
Old 2006-05-04, 16:32   Link #126
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for General live notes -Ep.2-4:

Many questions,.. many dots -beyond the general stuff. But one thing that appears for certain, replay value in the end will be most high.
Old 2006-05-04, 19:40   Link #127
Imaginary_num6er
虚数

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
To Imaginary Number, about your theories about Keiichi's parents, here's a piece of info from the game that wasn't given in the anime :
It seems like in the game:

Yeah, since that wasn't in the anime, I only limited the possibility of his parents being involved to just speculation. The final letter Keiichi write is a little different from the game, but its very insignificant.
Old 2006-05-06, 16:50   Link #128
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, this arc definitely plays with your mind. But I have some questions/ thoughts after reading the TIPS for the 1st chapter.

Spoiler:

So, am I on the right path?
Old 2006-05-06, 19:32   Link #129
molitar

Well it's not my cup of tea so to speak.. But I will probably read the threads on it to find out what was going on. But the one piece that makes absolutely no sense except to trigger it would of been the photographer. First of all did anyone see the body? Secondly their was no reason at all for him to tell about the murder that would get him started into investigating and nothing suspicious would of happened. So no matter what the real cause of his whole downfall is the photographer.

I imagine the photographer is the entire key to everything. If he never met the photographer he wouldn't of heard of the story. If he didn't hear the story their would of been nothing to feed his dillusions. If he didn't have delusions he wouldn't have been investigating.. If he didn't investigate he would of never suspected the girls of anything.

After all the girls didn't really start getting weird on him until he got to suspecting them and than they started acting weird on him. It's almost as if they knew that if he suspected something than he would disappear or die next. After all they watched the same thing happen to (forget name was it satoshi?) well anyways you get the point. So EVERYTHING began with the photographer that is the one undeniable fact. Secondly he knew they were at the dumps for old newspaper to be laying around to be found near the top after 4 years is not a believable incident meaning they had to be planted for him to find.
Old 2006-05-07, 09:49   Link #130
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Well it's not my cup of tea so to speak.. But I will probably read the threads on it to find out what was going on. But the one piece that makes absolutely no sense except to trigger it would of been the photographer. First of all did anyone see the body? Secondly their was no reason at all for him to tell about the murder that would get him started into investigating and nothing suspicious would of happened. So no matter what the real cause of his whole downfall is the photographer.

Well, the TIPS section did mention that...
Spoiler:

Also...
Spoiler:

Yeah, an intact 4 year old newspaper at an open air dump with the murder in it is suspicious for being a plant.
Old 2006-05-08, 04:11   Link #131
Dracil
Yama

About the letter his wrote, related to ep 3
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-08, 07:39   Link #132
Freakman

You can safely assume it's a mistake.
Old 2006-05-20, 12:49   Link #133
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Ugguuuu I just saw eps. 1-4 and I feel so sorry for Rena...
The saddest part...She never got that mannequin out of the garbage dump...uugh Rena chan
And on top of that she got her fingers crushed, ouch, standing in the rain apologising again and again
And when she made a pass at him, saying she would listen to him and save, and propably just wanted a kiss... what did he do? nothing. Poor Rena went crazy and got pushed down on the ground uuugghhh
And she ended up getting the baseball bat......hidoi

Rena chan is so moeee... If it wasn't because I already :fear:&:heart: Kaede, I would probably break down and surrender if a Rena would ever approached me in her higurashi mode....:fear:
Old 2006-05-24, 23:03   Link #134
FubaredByAnime

Just watched parts of Ayu's version of ep 4 to check out difference in translation, such as using word "manager" instead of Wind's choice word of "director". But here's the thing I noticed that I wanted to mention for those who were interested.

Keiichi's last words are translated: "Don't come ..."
Old 2006-05-25, 00:15   Link #135
ploki

This series it great. I'm one of those "closet" anime watchers (will never admit it to their friends, never discusses it, even online ;P). I only read posts on this forum AFTER I've completed a series to prevent reading spoilers cause some people jstu can't control themselves but post them anyway. This series is really unique though, so I'm willing to make an exception here

I've only seen up to episode 4, I haven't read any of the tips or any posts here... Perhaps the same thoughts have been speculated by others. I might even be WAAAY off. I just wanna get my thoughts down so I can look back later at the discussion or revise it as I continue watching

Spoiler for thoughts:

Actually, the more I write down, the less I feel like I can explain everything else. What a series! ;P I hope I got some of it right though... I really can't wait until it's over so I can read everything that's been posted and find out I'm completley wrong... must... control... self =p

I just began episode 5 and I'm completely confused. I'm assuming this is gonan do Mion's POV?

Another edit... is there a post with all the answers? cause I really don't want to stay speculating after the series is over. I'll never sleep at night =(

Last edited by ploki; 2006-05-25 at 00:39.
Old 2006-05-25, 11:35   Link #136
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki
Another edit... is there a post with all the answers? cause I really don't want to stay speculating after the series is over. I'll never sleep at night =(
No and no one intends to (even if they did, that post will be deleted promptly). But as I said in the wikipedia article, there are two answer chapters coming later to answer Watanagashi-hen and Onikakushi-hen. Along with other chapters, you can gain hints and clues to the previous chapters. Also, feel free to utilize the TIPS section of this thread for each corresponding episode to obtain valuable information.
Old 2006-05-26, 05:05   Link #137
Forever
Revealing the truth

Just went and watched ep 1-4. Hmm I already got the feeling that from ep 1, that keiichi is a goner, but didnt noe it will be so soon...

I probably guessing it is some government psychological experiment, but I wont fry my brain cells thinking about it. My guts say the building of the dam was intended as some trigger point.

I simply love it when rena's eyes goes orge! She looks so cute!
Old 2006-06-08, 23:49   Link #138
madlobster

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Ugguuuu I just saw eps. 1-4 and I feel so sorry for Rena...
The saddest part...She never got that mannequin out of the garbage dump...uugh Rena chan
I understand everything now. The murder over the dam has nothing to do with it, the whole thing was caused by the death 2.5 years prior of
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-09, 01:45   Link #139
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Yeah, an intact 4 year old newspaper at an open air dump with the murder in it is suspicious for being a plant.
Not really. Newpaper in dumps can survive for decades. From the looks of the Hinamizawa dump site, villagers pretty much leave the place alone except to dump more garbage around the edge.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-06-09, 07:24   Link #140
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madlobster
I understand everything now. The murder over the dam has nothing to do with it, the whole thing was caused by the death 2.5 years prior of
Spoiler:
Ehee^^;;
I don't know what you are talking about, is the mannequin part of the plot? I only thought about it because I remembered Rena wanted it so much

And who is
Spoiler:
*is clueless of any advanced plot theories*
Closed Thread