AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2010-08-29, 18:11   Link #221
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

the first failed one :P
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 04:44   Link #222
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
So has the movie announcement killed the chance of a third series? I'm curious because I'm just starting the manga and would prefer an anime, but I know neither TV series matches up.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 00:02   Link #223
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
So has the movie announcement killed the chance of a third series? I'm curious because I'm just starting the manga and would prefer an anime, but I know neither TV series matches up.
For myself the OVA's were the best anime produced.

I am not too into the Negima Neo storyline, and the first Negima anime produced was just silly imo.

The OVA's are very true to the manga and well done. Pity the series couldn't have been done like that from the start - I think they would have raked it in if they had!
Old 2011-02-27, 10:06   Link #224
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Oh, thanks. ^^ I'm very excited to get to the OVAs, but I meant a full adaptation starting from chapter 1 on, sort of like Brotherhood did for FMA.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 08:23   Link #225
Ashaman

Can demi-humans and the like go to earth? I seem to recall that Cocone is a non/part human test subject, but is there any real evidance that they can or can't?
Old 2011-03-15, 09:56   Link #226
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
It's possible that they can. However, since they're an illusion, that means that they're magic energy and need to sustain that amount in order to survive. It's quite complicated. I think I brought it up on a thread. Check my lower link and look for Illusions.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 16:25   Link #227
DKN117

What are the "High-Ancient"/Greek names for Fate's "Tearing Earth" spell and Evangeline's new "Endless White Nine Heavens" spell? The latest scanlations translated them directly to English, so we don't have their "proper" names (a la Ourania Phlogosis, Kosmike Katastrophe, Khilipl Astrape, and Dios Logche: Titano Ktonon).
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 11:37   Link #228
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So I watched Mayoi Chiki 6 with WhyNot subs and found out an announcement that concerns Negima..it's about Negima Anime Final.

I thought it was just an advertisement for the upcoming movie, but the scene that was showed in there didn't seem to have appear at all in the latest chapter of the manga. From what I know, the plot for the movie is the final battle with Fate, right? But this one shows an event in Mahora rather than mundus magicus...

so my question is, does anyone know what it is?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 15:38   Link #229
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
So I watched Mayoi Chiki 6 with WhyNot subs and found out an announcement that concerns Negima..it's about Negima Anime Final.

I thought it was just an advertisement for the upcoming movie, but the scene that was showed in there didn't seem to have appear at all in the latest chapter of the manga. From what I know, the plot for the movie is the final battle with Fate, right? But this one shows an event in Mahora rather than mundus magicus...

so my question is, does anyone know what it is?
Actually, the film is not about the final section of the Magic World arc (which sucks because SHAFT is basically repeating the same problem that Xebec did in their version of Negima). Rather, the film is meant to tell the original ending that Ken Akamatsu had planned to use for Negima.

Spoiler for Original Plan:

However, given the amount of plot points that still need to be tied up (i.e. the location of Negi's parents, how Itstanbul is important to the story, the demonic origins of Mana and Zazie), there's no way Akamatsu-sensei can continue with the route that he originally planned for Negima (i.e. the ending mentioned above). So, he's releasing the original plan for Negima's ending as a film instead (while continuing the manga for at least another volume).

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-08-12 at 19:13.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 17:36   Link #230
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
So, he's releasing the original plan for Negima as a film instead (while continuing the manga for at least another volume).
Well that sucks.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 22:41   Link #231
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Kinda reminds me of Love Hina for some reasons I agree, that sucks I thought we're going to see awesome magic fight in the movie

Old 2011-08-13, 10:42   Link #232
DKN117

...I've been ignor-ed...
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 17:54   Link #233
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I don't know how to answer it If I'm not wrong, the spell itself was completely in Japanese when I read the RAW...so yeah, maybe there's no latin incantation for that spell?

Old 2011-09-19, 13:30   Link #234
Teal
Chachamaru's #1 Fan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
What are the "High-Ancient"/Greek names for Fate's "Tearing Earth" spell and Evangeline's new "Endless White Nine Heavens" spell? The latest scanlations translated them directly to English, so we don't have their "proper" names (a la Ourania Phlogosis, Kosmike Katastrophe, Khilipl Astrape, and Dios Logche: Titano Ktonon).
Latin?
That's what all the incantations are in.
Sorry if I'm wrong I'm just making an educated guess.

**** is going down when the Otaku calls you a nerd.
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 05:06   Link #235
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Anyone have the actual quote or reference about Akamatsu's saying that the ending pairing is going to be surprising?

Old 2011-11-30, 07:31   Link #236
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
after Akamatsu's assistant who was responsible for the Latin/Greek translation quit a couple of years ago, (yes, it had been that long.) Negima no longer offer the Latin/Greek names of the spells during the weekly serialization, instead the Japanese name are listed, which is the version most western people read, now you have to wait for the whole things (9-11 chapters) being compiled into a book, then an editor from Kodansha will do all the translation at once and the proper spell names then would replace the Japanese name in chapter or a complete appendix in the back of the book.

the spells you asked are in Negima BK36, which you can also find under Vetus's new recent posting.

this all started when Ken did a series of reader surveys, and according to them, Negima is encounter a flux of new readers after 6 years (meaning 12-18 years old, when the original shonen readers all graduated from high school and onto other things.) and those younger readers complains that the Latin/Greek spells are too complicated and too hard for them to imitate in speech, you can notice a "dumb down" effect from then as Ken's making an effort to accmodate the new readers, it is at the same time when Negima also increased actions with all the fighting and decreased the fan services because there are a lot of new readers who are females, and they are not interest in fan services, but we won't talk about those things this post, the high rating Ken got from Negi vs Rakan is why we are reading the kind of Negima today compares to 8 years ago, also why Negima is one of the most trolled manga title I saw on internet discussions today, Ken can't please everyone.
Old 2012-02-09, 16:43   Link #237
kitten320

Now that manga is coming to an end, are there any news for possible normal anime adaption?