AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-30, 11:47   Link #41
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It pleases me that the animation quality increased for episode three.

The characters facial features at close shots look neat and clear, though the staff could have use less bright but still the colors were not flashy.

There quite several scenes that do not happen in the manga for this episode. I can come to the conclusion that the staff does not wants to run out of manga material so early, therefore, they are filling the gaps with original circumstances or situations.
Either that or as someone posted before, they're also attaching bits of the other Tokko: Phantom Hunter to extend the manga storyline, until the staff can come up with their own original storyline for the anime to follow.

After watching the third episode, I commend the changes made from the manga to the anime. The humorous moments takes some stress and stomach churning feelings after the gore scenes.
There were a modest amount of gore in this episode but still is censored a few scenes, obvious because of the TV broadcast. Fortunately, the DVD's will fix that and bring all the blood and gore.

Spoiler:

For the characters, Saya appears more and more like motherly Orihime Inoue.
As for Suzuka, I view like a crossover between Evangeline from Negima and Tohsaka from Fate/stay night.
It's no surprise to me that I love her playful but cynical character, and clad in leather jacket plus topless and baring her butterfly tatoo makes go .

The anime is lighthearted in comparison to the manga so it can grasp viewers to make profit, though I could think of the horror and gore oriented towards action rather than get a doomsday feeling out of it.
Kunikida is made more of a comic relief character in the anime. I´m always looking forward to his tantrums against Suzuka, who always mocks of him.
Those two could make of a nice couple.

Spoiler:

BTW, no TOKKO next week as it will be Golden Week in Japan. Episode four will air May the 13th.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 14:27   Link #42
oJo

This series is so far so good. It's just 'that girl's b**bs bothers me...
They are huge and deformed.
oJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 19:12   Link #43
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Don't get your hopes up dude. I didn't think that any of those girls were that endowed. This isn't one of those titles.

You can download the manga and see for yourself. Use Google.
Old 2006-05-03, 22:07   Link #44
Bonkura

curious as to how many volumes are out in japan and where are the latest scans up to (i dont think its licensed:P)???
Bonkura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 11:47   Link #45
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Which girl?
Maybe add a few screen caps ( or better yet a fanpic), so I too can *ahem* condemn the aforementioned very large breasts as well.
I think he's talking about the girl with yellow hair from Tokko.When she slashed the sword at the last scene,there was a quick shot of hers.btw I don't feel like they are deformed or anything though.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 12:05   Link #46
oJo

I was talking about the half naked girl in Ed.
heehee, they just didn't look right for me... oh well, I can close my eyes if I don't wanna watch it.

philip72: your icon ftw! Did my post make your nose to bleed?
oJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 12:06   Link #47
lavielove

Quote:
I think they should be shown to us, so that we can make the correct analysis on them as to whether or not they are too large.
I am dragged into this size matters.That's not too large, the largest one among all the spring anime is (as much as I had a chance to watch) WitchBlade.Really deform and really large.I just feel like it's much better to watch a quick shot rather than 5 mins shot or otherwise we got another moe show =P

The one I like is their chief-officer,very funny.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 23:45   Link #48
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
It doesn't take much, I'm like Fukuyama from Girls Bravo (only without the bucks).And now on a completely different note, I think I'll watch a few episodes of Witchblade tonight (scientific curiousity, of course).

Well, then you're REALLY going to like ep. 4.
Old 2006-05-14, 13:16   Link #49
SinsI

Just watched episode four.
Spoiler:
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 15:11   Link #50
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Yes, episode four's storyline does not comes from the first TOKKO manga, so it must from the TOKKO Phantom Hunter manga.

The episode highlights revolve around Yukino, Saya's sempai and Ranmaru's date, explaining the contents of a certain book.

Kunikida and his deputies are also digging deep to find about the what they're facing against are creatures not from this world.

Yukino's father is performing suspicious activities regarding the Phantoms.

Spoiler:

Ranmaru asks his sister about Yukino's story. I have the impression I heard Saya saying that Yukino's mother was killed two years ago.

Anyways, the episode was mostly to its entirety dialogue-driven except for the last minute that the horned phantom stepped in.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-14, 20:04   Link #51
SinsI

Quote:
I have the impression I heard Saya saying that Yukino's mother was killed two years ago.
Edit: her sempai told her then she joined high school that it was two years ago, so it was five years ago from the current moment.
BTW, that demon claw is also from the Phantom Hunter. And we are near the end of the manga.

Last edited by SinsI; 2006-05-19 at 12:40.
Old 2006-05-21, 16:32   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Animation and hand drawing was way downhill and scrapped in the fifth episode, nonetheless, it gives enough information for the audience to understand what's going on.

Yukino's private conversation with Ranmaru.
Spoiler:

Professor Shiraishi.
Spoiler:

Ranmaru's tattoo.
Spoiler:

This was a fulfilling episode for twenty minutes in terms of plot, but for the last two minutes I felt the staff was rushing too much the pace.
Spoiler:

Next week TOKKO airs 0:40 a.m., and it looks to be an episode focused on Suzuka as the main character.
Old 2006-05-22, 08:59   Link #53
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

If this had been animated better, I'd bet this will be among the sleepers of 2006.

I liked episode three, btw.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 16:47   Link #54
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Episode four was simply cool. Yukino is great as a lead along with Rokujou, and man, this rocks.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 03:11   Link #55
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I didn't like that
Spoiler:

Episode 5 looked like a big rushjob to me, but it got the job done. If only I could get farther on the manga.
Old 2006-05-27, 15:33   Link #56
SinsI

Spoiler:

BTW, those siblings were definetly the ones from Phantom Hunter - just take a look at all those swords growing out from the boy's back.
Old 2006-05-27, 16:50   Link #57
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Spoiler for SinsI response:
Old 2006-05-28, 08:59   Link #58
SinsI

Timeless Enigma, just watched episode 6 - you were worried for nothing.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-29, 02:16   Link #59
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Heh, that makes me feel a bit better.
Old 2006-05-30, 00:40   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Animation quality was a lot off from place to place, particularly the close shots of Suzuka and Ranmaru.

However, I really appreciate that Suzuka was given the spotlight to properly inform Ranmaru of the delicate situation he has come in contact with.

First of all, I will always enjoy the Suzuka x Kunikida moments where she holds no back to joke at the back of his expenses or ridicule the poor inspect. The anime really pulls out how sardonic and playful Suzuka is, since I consider her my most preferred character in TOKKO.

Second, Suzuka coming up with a date for Ranmaru and her spending and having fun at the local fair and being eyed upon by all the couples who found Suzuka's wardrobe way odd.
The date served as comic relief to release suspense and tension built from the last couple of episode and to show Suzuka's inner child literally.

Third, those Suzuka kodak moments that fans like myself were crying out for. Just like Ranmaru, it took me off guard that Suzuka unexpectedly unzipped her vest (being topless) to feel the fresh air.
Then, that close shot of Suzuka's exposed bossom after showing her tattoo mark to Ranmaru I thought was unnecessary but that scene alone screamed fanservice to Suzuka fans.

Finally, the episodes accomplish plot wise different expectations I originally had.
Spoiler:

I think the storyline is foreshadowing with hints delivered at each episode that Ranmaru will not make it through the end.
Spoiler:

According to the announcement at the very end of episode six, there will be no TOKKO until June 17th.

Ah, almost forgot. Do you recall why Saya complained her brother was too late for dinner?
Because her wish for Ranmaru was granted. Like all healthy boys he was dated by a really, hot babe and ended more than what he expected.

Tags
horror