AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-14, 04:32   Link #2061
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, an episode generally needs a good start-middle-finish ground to work as an episode. Even cliffhangers need to be thought about, as you can't just throw them down wherever you want.

As such, here's what I think would make of a Force anime so far:
Awesome analysis, thank you. ^^ It (mostly) confirms my own thoughts, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
9 episodes? wow, that means it only rest 4 more episodes to end the Arc ...or the first half of the season depending on what format you're following(13 or 26 episodes). It will be amusing seeing things wrapped up into four episodes xDU
Well, StrikerS had three major battle arcs ("RF6' Day Off", "That Day...", and the final battle), Force only had one so far. Though, StrikerS, of course, spent its first nine episodes on exposition.

EDIT: Page claim for that one lady from Force episode 5!
Old 2011-05-14, 04:52   Link #2062
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That makes me wonder how will result a new 26 season, i mean, people learn from their mistakes and at least Keroko's analysis looks pretty decent for the first nine episodes. Probably a 26 anime series for FORCE will be much better paced than StrikerS i guess(waiting a week for a well compilated chapter with fluid animation is a million tiomes better than wait a full month for 16-tp-30 pages of over decompressed story).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 05:00   Link #2063
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
9 episodes? wow, that means it only rest 4 more episodes to end the Arc ...or the first half of the season depending on what format you're following(13 or 26 episodes). It will be amusing seeing things wrapped up into four episodes xDU
Four episodes is easy. Hell, you can do it in one. 'Calm down Thoma' takes up the first half of the episode, teary reunion the second. End it with rapeface!Curren foreshadowing of the next arc and you're done.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 09:46   Link #2064
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

I just hope, if they were to go ahead with a FORCE anime, they don't confuse manga time with real time. The average close-combat fight sequence is, or should be, extremely fast paced with its strike-defend-counter sequence. Nobody waits for their opponent to finish what they're doing and talk about it when they're fighting (sparring between student and teacher being an obvious exception), and in close quarters melee the heavy punches and explosive attacks really should be happening so fast that it's all the opponent can do to keep up. Manga tends to be very descriptive of movement, so what goes down in five or six pages of massive fight panels of a manga can happen in a few seconds. It's just good choreography. Unfortunately, animators don't get this and decide its as good as as many pages of dialogue. . . and this is where you get long-winded fight sequences, exaggerated attacks, and commentary from the peanut gallery, "Ooh that was a good one," "Ooh he defended against it." Just because the artist took the time to draw out the characters' fighting doesn't mean you have to draw out the time the characters take fighting. Attack and parry! Evade and attack! Offense and defense happen simultaneously and in the same motion from both sides, or else somebody goes down instantly. It's kinda that fast.

Nanoha has been far less egregious about this than some other series I could name, probably due to the fact that previously any manga were supplemental and any presence it has is due to it being a standard trope. It's also occasionally justified by the fact that Nanoha is just trying to talk to everybody at first, and when she's grown up that has actually evolved into her fighting style as a result. Still, you stop and wonder what was going on between Arf and Zafira, the way they'd show up with their friends for a fight, trade a punch for sport, and then kick back and watch everyone else with a bucket of popcorn and a pop (one straw!).

So the question is: how will events in motion be screwed up when translated from a manga to the screen? Ideally, Tsuzuki would leave the manga paneling in the books and direct everything from the start as it applies to a moving-pictures medium. . .

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 11:16   Link #2065
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

In addition, the opposite is true for talky or emotional bits of a manga. something that takes up only one page in a manga can suddenly take several minutes in an anime.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 11:29   Link #2066
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Manga: "I will now explain why I'm going to attack you and why you cannot win."

"I shout out my attack before you really finish talking."

"Fool, I merely show my superior skills to avoid your attack and start talking again."

"I talk back, explaining what mistake you just made."

"Heresy! I must now attack!"

Anime: *explosions, long drawn pandering of the landscape. Ogle the characters, panting.

"I will now explain why I'm going to attack you and why you cannot win."

*Include grin, a grunt, laugh. Pander the landscape again*

"I shout out my attack before you really finish talking."

*show a single move, let dust fly and wait for it to settle. Another grin, another pander of landscape. Perhaps even a grunt*

"Fool, I merely show my superior skills to avoid your attack and start talking again."

*wait for character to explain for a few min. Pause with landscapes, surprised grunts and distant explosions or perhaps a flashback*

"I talk back, explaining what mistake you just made."

*repeat*

"Heresy! I must now attack!"

*shouting, then fight commences.*

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 13:20   Link #2067
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Jokes aside, the FORCE NEXT images sometimes have some "exciting" phrases on the black arrow a the top of the image in orange letters(for example: Cypha's one says something like "here! the number one swordswoman of the Huckebein family who defeats Signum and Agito"
I missed the chance to comment on this last time, but it's kind of ridiculous to only indicate that in her profile, isn't it?

"Yes, she's meant to be really tough. Please ignore how she spent most of her first fight being made a fool of."

Like with Fortis; they called him the brains of the group, but he hasn't really done anything intelligent yet.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 13:29   Link #2068
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
maybe he makes the meals and schedules chores

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 16:47   Link #2069
mielipuoli

So with all this talk of an anime, who would you guys voice-cast for the new characters?
mielipuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 01:02   Link #2070
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Like with Fortis; they called him the brains of the group, but he hasn't really done anything intelligent yet.
Now that you mention Fortis i finally found why he isn't one of my favored Huckebeins. He's the most uninteresting character in FORCE so far and also an annoying smartass who only brings exposition(i can't believe i'm gonna say this but even Cypha is a better Mr. Exposition than him) earning my hate, well, in fact i didn't even hate him, it's more like just a dislike of him as i can't see his purpouse on the story beyond bringing exposition and gloat all over the place.

All of the other Huckebeins trigger some kind of emotion from me: Veyron is misterious and interesting, Arnage is kind of sympatethic, Curren is a smug badass, Stella es the designated Creepy Child, Deville is cool and implacable and i hate Cypha with burning passion(i guess triggering hate from the fans is a good accomplishement for a villain), but the only thing Fortis provokes in me is annoyment(for example: i want to see Cypha burning on a cauldron of boiling oil but i don't really care about what happens to Fortis as long as he shuts his mouth, something like a dope-slap or a classic punch to the face).

The most impressive thing the guy has done is crush a soda can into a tiny metalic marble.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-15, 03:21   Link #2071
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mielipuoli View Post
So with all this talk of an anime, who would you guys voice-cast for the new characters?
I think that was already discussed in the other manga thread, the link leads to the first post I could find about it, but there are others...I think I made my own list of it too, can't find it though
Old 2011-05-15, 03:29   Link #2072
Justin_Brett

Quote:
He's the most uninteresting character in FORCE so far
Well, Aki, you only find Cypha interesting because you hate her. I do too, but she's still a very boring villain.
Old 2011-05-15, 10:08   Link #2073
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Come on guys, keep hitting that dead horse. I'm sure it will come back to life eventually.

Or not.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 10:40   Link #2074
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Statements like "the most uninteresting character is..." are 100% subjective anyways.
Old 2011-05-15, 12:15   Link #2075
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Well, Aki, you only find Cypha interesting because you hate her. I do too, but she's still a very boring villain.
Well yeah, i don't say Cypha is boring but more like she's a too generic and silly villain(like a more powerfull and serious version of "Bad Pete" from the old Mickey Mouse cartoons), i hate her of course, but at least is still more than i can say about Fortis. Probably he will reveal his "Starscream" plot, or reveal that he's a spy of Caledfiwch Techniques, or unleashes an amazing One-Winged Angel mode and become a more interesting character but right now he's like a bad combination of Uno and Quattro xDU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Statements like "the most uninteresting character is..." are 100% subjective anyways.
Yup, i'm still waiting to be confronted by someone who says that i'm wrong by claiming that Fortis is the coolest villain this franchise have seen so far xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-15, 12:27   Link #2076
Justin_Brett

Well, I'm going by what I've seen, and most people are only interested in her because she did injured a main character.

Take that away, and what does she have?
Old 2011-05-15, 12:39   Link #2077
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Well, I'm going by what I've seen, and most people are only interested in her because she did injured a main character.
Tsuzuki knows it and is exploiting it as much as he can(and this time is not speculation, the fact that she defeats Signum and Agito is mentioned again and again everytime Cypha get some supplemental material about her xDU)

Quote:
Putting aside my blazing hate for her: A longcoat, and eye-patch, black & white clothing, "evil looking" black spiked swords, and rides a motorcycle. While i hate her for being an over the top gloating villain that score a cheap victory over a much more respectable and dignified opponent, it's no surprise that other people find her cool and interesting for the exact same reasons.

Still waiting to see Subaru teaching her a leasson.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-05-15 at 13:01.
Old 2011-05-15, 13:38   Link #2078
Justin_Brett

Those aren't really character traits, though, just appearance.
Old 2011-05-15, 14:13   Link #2079
mielipuoli

Quote:
Those aren't really character traits, though, just appearance.
Quote:
While i hate her for being an over the top gloating villain that score a cheap victory over a much more respectable and dignified opponent, it's no surprise that other people find her cool and interesting for the exact same reasons.
That's not a character trait? Coulda fooled me.
mielipuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 17:40   Link #2080
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Yup, i'm still waiting to be confronted by someone who says that i'm wrong by claiming that Fortis is the coolest villain this franchise have seen so far xDU.
Why are you bouncing from one extreme to another? I think Fortis is a pretty cool guy myself but I don't think he's 'the bestest evar.'

Anyways, when making subjective statements always be sure to have "I think" in there.

Quote:
And why would you take that away? It's a part of her character and always will be.

Tags
manga, nanoha force