AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-09, 10:45   Link #361
kamo

The evil girl looks really cute, I wanted to draw fanart. ^^

Spoiler for amano:

I might colour later, but after she appears in the anime, so I can get a better reference picture.
Old 2010-06-10, 03:48   Link #362
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hmm well not sure what to think from the 30 second trailer. I'm really hoping this turns out well though.
Old 2010-06-13, 18:00   Link #363
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Anime News Network has listed the voice cast for the characters, although someone needs to verify this information is legtimate.

Bin Shimada as Tactimon
Chika Sakamoto as Shoutmon
Daisuke Kishio as Tsurugi Zenjirou
Houko Kuwashima as Nene Amano
Kokoro Kikuchi as Sparrowmon
Minami Takayama as Kudou Taiki
Ryoko Shiraishi as Hinomoto Akari
Takahiro Sakurai as Dorurumon
Takeshi Kusao as Aonuma Kiriha
Yuko Maruyama as Monitormon
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 03:16   Link #364
Netevolution

Personally my feelings are a little mixed on this season. I understand atleast in part why Bandai is doing this. It is a great idea to finish off the era of portable Digivices with a Wifi digivice backed by a wifi based Digimon DS game, with also the potential of a Playstation 3 game in the future.

I hate playing the devils advocate for the fans that so much just want to see Digimon 1 more time(including myself)but at the same time, i feel a little confused about Digimons future.

I know you will probobly attack me for saying this, but this really is a little bit extreme measure. The cartoon starts in July, and the portable Digivice will be available in Japan on October of 2010

And people, we have to remember that this is the year 2010, and portable Digivices reached there "peak season" around 10-years ago. In my personal opinion, Bandai will be selling this Digivice at a profits loss. They may take some money from the DS game and possibly a future PS3 game to try to cover up the losses.

While the idea is nice, this would have been a "good" idea maybe 5-years ago. Now it just looks...weak They are kind of reiventing the cellphone of what i understand, and that the Digivice will probobly work based on a wifi connection, possibly also using 3G and 4G connections in Japan.

In order to be atleast somewhat of a "natural communicator" it is going to also need a sound connection. And if it does, it will basicly just be a gaming-cellphone with another name.

They are still very far away from my original idea of a PC-cellphone hybrid game. While there is still a possibility of a 7:th season after this, i find there current move odder and odder as time goes by. Yes, i understand what they are trying to do, but...well, it looks pretty desperate. YES! I WANT to see Digimon again, and it is a great comeback, but this is still...like reiventing the wheel. Do you guys at all understand what i am saying?
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 09:11   Link #365
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Anime News Network has listed the voice cast for the characters, although someone needs to verify this information is legtimate.

Bin Shimada as Tactimon
Chika Sakamoto as Shoutmon
Daisuke Kishio as Tsurugi Zenjirou
Houko Kuwashima as Nene Amano
Kokoro Kikuchi as Sparrowmon
Minami Takayama as Kudou Taiki
Ryoko Shiraishi as Hinomoto Akari
Takahiro Sakurai as Dorurumon
Takeshi Kusao as Aonuma Kiriha
Yuko Maruyama as Monitormon
Looks legit from the few I cross referenced to the official site's listings.

I'm liking their casting choice in Minami Takayama (Chibi-Train, Conan Edogawa, Envy, Nabiki Tendo) as Taiki and Kuwashima Houko's voice seems like it'll fit the girl with the stupid hair. I've never heard Ryoko Shiraishi take on such a young female role so I'm not too sure about this since I can only hear her mature voice in my mind. Having Chika Sakamoto voice Shoutmon is a nice plus but damn they sure are trying to play the nostalgia card XD. I'll have to rewatch one of the movies to remind myself how the original Agumon sounds like, Saver's Agumon is still imprinted in my mind shouting "Aniki!" lol.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 18:12   Link #366
kamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I've never heard Ryoko Shiraishi take on such a young female role so I'm not too sure about this since I can only hear her mature voice in my mind.
She does an elementary school girl in Kaidan Restaurant, although she doesn't really sound young there. But from the summary, Akari acts worried about Taiki a lot, so a mature voice might suit her.
Old 2010-06-14, 19:48   Link #367
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

These are some shots of this Digimon season's digidestined cast shown on the TOEI Digimon site:

Old 2010-06-15, 11:09   Link #368
Netevolution

Does anybody know will the Digivice have a sound connection through wifi like in a cellphone
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 10:51   Link #369
Splash
Ryuu-Rogue Fansubber

I have to be honest, not sure if I care anything for the whole sentai feel in Xros. They've basically replaced evolution with gattai, and the emotional climax that comes with gattai just isn't the same or even there. :\

It kind of sickens me when some of the older fans claim Xros is closer to the old Digimon feel than Savers was just because of the art style.

I'll still keep watching, but it really hasn't done anything to lift my face above a :| expression so far. Certainly a lot of D: from things like assgrabbing in the first episode and Taiki peeing with his gloves on.
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 21:17   Link #370
Rickketik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
Digimon is one of those franchises you can milk forever. But for now, the cow is tired
And knowing Bandai..They will probably reboot it after 5 or 10 years.
Oh, how wrong I was!
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 20:20   Link #371
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Savers 3D - A Close Call in the Digital World

This is a short-clip done and rendered in glorious, 3D-CGI animation done by TOEI last year, running for about 7 minutes of onscreen time.

This short poses more as a fun theme-park, joyride with Agumon, Gaomon, and Lalamon as the lead characters taking the viewer at joining a ride throughout the Digi-World's several landscapes.

Culumon (Calumon) becomes a stowaway during the course of the ride, following our heroes.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-31, 20:54   Link #372
ellifeedn
Thinker

I watched the first four series/seasons of Digimon when I was younger and liked them (even 2 with all it's flaws had some good aspects to it), but didn't bother watching the ones that came afterwards. Should I watch them or am I not missing anything?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon, toei