AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-02-14, 23:43   Link #21
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Wow those are really easy to follow! I even have the perfect picture to try that out on. Now to find some time.....

Edit: woot page two!
Old 2008-03-09, 21:11   Link #22
unasuvas
Follower of Lambdadelta

Alright, I've had a few people requesting that I make some icon tutorials, so today, I bring two tutorials~!

But a few notes you should know:
☠ I use Adobe PhotoShop CS so the tutorials I use will most likely NOT be translatable for anyone who uses Jasc Paintshop, GIMP, or other. Sorry... Though it might be translatable to PhotoShop CS2, or later.
☠ You need at least a moderate amount of knowledge of PhotoShop.. or at least know where to find certain menus and how to create new layers.
☠ Try not to copy every step of this tutorial exactly. Remember that not every base is the same, so tweak anything to bring out the best of the picture your using.

I've been using this first coloring for a long time & I mostly use it for Higurashi screencaps but it can be used for other sources as well. Many people have described it as Soft Coloring and I've noticed that it mostly works well with bright and/or colorful pictures. It looks really bad with dark screencaps.

Going from to
Other examples of this coloring:

Spoiler for soft coloring:

This second coloring is fairly new in my icons. I needed a coloring that worked well with darker pictures and this one seemed to work. Since it's one of the few colorings I use that involves an exclusion layer, I called it Exclusion Coloring. The first few steps of this tutorial are very similar to the Soft Coloring tutorial but with a few changes to numbers & such.

Going from to
Other examples of this coloring:

Spoiler for exclusion coloring:

Comments, suggestions & questions are welcome. I'm sorry I couldn't make these tutorials beginner-friendly. I'm used to making tutorials for the folks at LJ and they usually have a moderate amount of PhotoShop knowledge. So if you're confused about any of the steps, let me know & I'll try to elaborate more on it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if anyone has PhotoShop and would like the .psd of these two tuturials, feel free to PM me about it.

That's it for now. I do plan on doing a manga coloring tutorial but it won't be for a while due to school. But next week is the start of my one-week Spring Break so I'll try to find the time to do the tutorial during that week.

Last edited by unasuvas; 2008-03-09 at 21:46.
unasuvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 10:46   Link #23
Garve
Providence Breaker

Hi, your work is truly amazing!
I especially like the manga colorizations.
So keep up the good work!
Garve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 22:36   Link #24
unasuvas
Follower of Lambdadelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garve View Post
Hi, your work is truly amazing!
I especially like the manga colorizations.
So keep up the good work!
Why, thank you! And speaking of manga coloring...
I just had to do some of these panels as soon as I saw chapter 3 of the Umineko manga.
Spoiler for Eva:

Spoiler for Eva (vers. 2):

Spoiler for Scary Eva:

Spoiler for Natsuhi:

Comments? Critiscism? Questions? Suggestions?
If you have photoshop & would like to see how I do my coloring, PM me about it and I'll upload the .psds for you.
Old 2008-03-21, 07:02   Link #25
Garve
Providence Breaker

Heya, I think those 4 pics are great! The only think I would criticize is, that Natsuhi looks a bit pale in the 4th picture. But maybe she really looks this way, I don't know So apologize my unawareness in case.

But besides that I think you've chosen some great colors!
Garve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 13:16   Link #26
unasuvas
Follower of Lambdadelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garve View Post
Heya, I think those 4 pics are great! The only think I would criticize is, that Natsuhi looks a bit pale in the 4th picture. But maybe she really looks this way, I don't know So apologize my unawareness in case.

But besides that I think you've chosen some great colors!
I thought she looked kinda pale too (you have a good eye, haha).

She looks that way because of the effects I put in after I finished coloring. For example, look at the first Eva picture; that's has no other effects on it other than manga coloring. But the picture following it has several Adjustment Layers stacked on top of it like Levels, Curves, Hue&Saturation, Selective Color, Photo Filters, Textures, etc. So the second Eva picture looks kinda pale as well, I guess.

But thank you for the crit! I'll keep in mind to not make the skin & lighter parts so bright next time. Thanks~ <3
Old 2008-12-16, 17:14   Link #27
natyo2

Send a message via MSN to natyo2
I have a request
I'd like this scan colored: http://www.madteaparty.dreamhosters....?g2_itemId=465
with the color of skin, hair, eyes, and bandages of this one: http://www.madteaparty.dreamhosters....p?g2_itemId=49
Choose the color of clothes, I don't mind the time it takes, Thanks!
natyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote