AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-30, 15:52   Link #4841
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
That's the one. Ya, Sumizawa had nothing to do with Blind Target, it was written by one of the other script writers for the series and OVA, Akemi Omode and art by Sakura Asagi (whom I think is one of the artists working on GotL).

I totally agree, for the most part, they are all damaged characters. I guess I could be taking Heero's reversion back to episode 1 way too personally. There hasn't been any official Bandai/Sunrise depiction of the characters post EW, so we don't know how or what they did afterwards... aside from FT (cringe). What I was saying was that by the end of EW Heero is no long the mission-is-everything, objective guy he was in the first episode, and in this recent chapter of FT he is asking Relena if "live a good fulfilling life" is an order, like he needs her confirmation in order to do that.
Well when I say post EW, I'm talking about stuff like Banpresto and how they work Heero into storylines post the ending of EW's storylines. They never have him suddenly becoming normal.

And like I said, given how hard Sumizawa is shipping RelenaHeero it makes sense that in a time of crisis, one that Heero would have little to no history with (love and defensless at the sametime) he would revert to something like this instead of a relatively new outlook on life.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 16:52   Link #4842
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Nice. Dixneuf is a bad man. I wonder when/if he'll be introduced in GoL.
Old 2012-08-30, 17:24   Link #4843
Mkam

So I found this website that posts Ft, but it is in Chinese (thanks deacon). Thought i should share.

http://blog.hjenglish.com/ntcace/

Last edited by Mkam; 2012-08-31 at 09:16.
Mkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 05:18   Link #4844
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
^ Chinese, not Japanese.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 13:27   Link #4845
gordol
Banned

Here's hoping Glory goes on covering EW and BOP and other events between the series and EW
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 15:54   Link #4846
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Just then, Trowa appeared from the burning forest.
For some reason I expected the next sentence to say that Trowa had been taking a leak in the forest when the Virgo fired at it. I have no idea why.

Anyway. Thanks for the translations, Deacon. Not a bad chapter but I liked the other two better. Too much talking to cats in this one.

That aside, does anyone else think the whole cybernetics thing with Dixneuf is supposed to explain away Heero's strength, too?
I also have trouble grasping why the scientists are still alive. Sure, no one ever dies in an explosion in GW (except for poor Darlian) but to bring them back for two capsules and some Mars suits is... disruptive in my opinion. They supposedly died in the series, so that's it. I don't want them in a sequel. Having them around again has too much of a rehashing character to it. As if there aren't other scientists around.

I also reread the part with Heero and Relena talking. I guess since Heero is in soldier-mode and all too willing to give his life for the "mission," the only way to negate that is to make it his mission to live...? *shrug* I know it's not supposed to be but if you look at it as a temporal order, it's more tolerable. By the way, I would've liked the word "order" more than "mission."
What really ruffles my feathers here is that incredibly stupid "maybe his/her tears are already frozen" line Sumizawa is so dang fond of spouting in every other chap. >_>
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 16:44   Link #4847
rereremo

For these names:

Katrina is Relena's aunt in fact, but in public it's her mother who carries the name.
Cathrine is Trowa's elder sister.
Kathy is Sally Po's daughter.
ََQuatrine is both Quetre's mother & newest sister's name.

Is this right?

Does it differ to write "Quatrine" like "Katrine"? It's the Arabian way of pronouncing "Cathrine" name, like "Joseph" would be pronounced "Yousof". I mean, Quetre is Arabian right?

Last edited by rereremo; 2012-08-31 at 16:55.
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 20:50   Link #4848
susyia

does anyone know where I can find an interview with the creators of gw? focus on anime?
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 23:10   Link #4849
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Here's hoping Glory goes on covering EW and BOP and other events between the series and EW
Well not much happened between TV and EW except maybe their decision to finally toast the Gundams since things had died down since the war ended. Than Dekim appeared too early, had he waited a few days before acting he might have gotten away with the Gundams being destroyed thus he would have been unstoppable.

The sad thing is that after that near tragedy they still destroy their Gundams and have more Gundams for FT. It kinda makes the whole destroy Gundam thing pointless considering what happens.

Though to be fair when EW was made FT was never even thought of.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 19:37   Link #4850
susyia

Here is the tape rip from the cassette ‘Special Operation.’ The quality isn’t the best because we’ll its coming from a 16 year old tape, which don’t have the best quality to start with.

It’s split up into 6 different ‘operations.’ Most of them are the character “eyecatches” that focus on the various 5 pilots in silly situations. This isn’t at all a serious drama tape, its kind of the characters them selves sitting down and recording something for the fans. I think its worth just hearing Zechs go “TREEEIZE!”

Must listen to for fans of the series! (No I don’t really know what they’re talking about, but if you watch enough anime you can kind pick up what’s being said. Its not deep stuff lol)

I didn’t split this up into parts because that’d be way too much work. So its just Side A and Side B of the tape. Enjoy!!
http://cosmic-dare.org/wing/vocal/secretop/sideA.mp3
http://cosmic-dare.org/wing/vocal/secretop/sideB.mp3

site: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/gundam-wing
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 10:02   Link #4851
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well not much happened between TV and EW...
We'll see what Sumisawa does, but I'd say the events of BoP were pretty major.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:30   Link #4852
Mkam

I'm pretty sure Sabrina is a great aunt, but uses Katrina in public. Katrina ( the second) is also the name of Relena's mother.
So Katrina and whoever had a girl, named her Katrina who then married Rex who then had millrado and Relena.
Old 2012-09-03, 18:48   Link #4853
Kitsoru
:3c

Hey guys, long time no see! I need help IDing who the heck is who in the recent FT illustration scans:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:Zechs_and_Envel.jpg
This is Sabrina and Rex, right? I know the filename is wrong because I'm 80% sure this is from the Heero/Sabrina/Katrina era flashback chapters. Or is the guy someone else I'm forgetting?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tu...lufwo2_400.jpg
Am I correct in assuming the Treize look-alike is Cinquante? Or is this someone new entirely.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:1332795636786.jpg
Most bafflingly: Who is the dark-haired woman(?) here? DOKTOR S. WAT. How? Really? Someone explain this to me, please ROFL.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2012-09-03 at 19:17.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 16:01   Link #4854
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Long time no see indeed, Kit.

The first pic is unofficially Katrina and Martix or whatever the heck his name is. I say unofficially because Katrina ceased being Katrina Peacecraft by giving that name to her sister (rendering Sabrina officially killed in that assassination attempt) and assuming to be Zechs. But yeah, Katrina it is. Her nickname escapes me right now..

And yup, that's Treize's grandpa Cinquante.

As for the reason Sumizawa gave for Doktor S to dress as a chick: apparently it's a man's hobby.
I don't wanna know what the guy does in his free time.

EDIT: And thanks susyia for that Special Operation. I'll make sure to give this a dl once I have a decent connection. Which is still a few days off... *grumble, grumble*
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 17:40   Link #4855
Mkam

Any predictions for what is going to happen next on FT?
Old 2012-09-07, 18:27   Link #4856
FalsePrime

I honestly can't think of anything that will be that good in Mars Era.

Thing is having them fight against the Dolls ruins alot of feeling for me and until Sumizawa shows he is willing to kill off some major characters in this time I can't relaly get hype.

The only thing I'm prediciting is the end will have Relena "dying" and then we get an epilogue that shows her having a different name and being alive and have it be super generic and boring.

I just want to see Snow White at this point, a peaceful Heero and tons of mobile dolls doesn't exactly excite me honestly. Then again this has been a problem for me ever since a Wing extension was announced.
Old 2012-09-10, 13:57   Link #4857
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkam View Post
Pictures of one or two of the pilots with how they look in the MC era? *Thumbs up* Maybe?
Old 2012-09-10, 22:08   Link #4858
gordol
Banned

Quote:
I only want some decent lineart for the new MSes
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 00:57   Link #4859
Eeni

Quote:
Some more DDR piloting, a love triangle, another 2+ years of waiting for new gundam lineart, sprinkled with a ton of "WTF!?!" and served with a healthy side of "and his/her tears were already frozen..."

*head bang against desk*

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 01:55   Link #4860
FalsePrime

Please just let Snow Wihte be next so I can move on.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing