Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-02, 09:12   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
To be fair, that was broadcasted way back when the OP first aired. So I think the audience has already prepared themselves for another teenager, of course, finally a female.
Knowing from the start doesn't make it better though. They could have come up with some explanation why the MAILes can only be piloted by teenagers no matter how convoluted it was, but they didn't even bother coming up with one for other countries fighting over Japan.
Old 2021-11-08, 18:03   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The girl destroying so many units in such a short time was impressive. I can't imagine the other two being able to do the same. Her mech can fly, too.
Old 2021-11-08, 20:32   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

At this point, I just want a decent antagonist. Literally every single one so far have just been generic evil thugs.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-08, 20:56   Link #84
Chosen_Hero

Ok some thoughts watching thos episode:

- Wow... That was the WORST reason for joining a resistance that I have ever seen, even worse is that I am confused as to why the Asian force would just destroy the ceramics workshop... maybe one of their higher-ups bought some from her grandfather and they broke so now the workshop shouldn't exists or something? Wouldn't put it past this show toaje up a petty excuse like that, or maybe her grandfather was helping the resistance and they caught wind of it? But then, why did they keep him alive for helping out "terrorists"?

- That was a crappy way to hide their mechs, I mean, if the occupying forces can easily detect a Mailes in boat, then why does it seem like they can't detect them when they are covered in branches and leaves or surrounded by trees?

- Man, this show is really enamored with it's "woe is Japan" narrative, huh, we get it, Japan is for the Japanese... There really needs to be a proper explanation as to why the hell any of this is occupation is even actually happening.

- Ok, so they got new IDs, sure... But don't the occupying forces know the MCs face? Shouldn't they (mainly the MC at this point) I don't know, get a haircut or change clothes? But considering they were seen in this episode (that one camera should have been enough to alert the Asian Forces) and no one batted an eyelash at the known "terrorist" I am guessing that they just conveniently forgot.

- So why was the fight in this episode happening?

- Aah yes, a gym in Japan being used as an evacuation site... the super obvious and perfect target for bad guys wanting to establish that they are bad.

- Let me guess, the new girl will come in and one shot every single enemy singlehand...

(Does just that)

... GREAT, can't wait for her to not be able to do half of that from this point onwards.

- Uff, where did the animation go during that sequence? Is it just me who noticed it?

- Oh great, the third AI is the most annoying one... I guess they don't make them like BT in Japan.
Old 2021-11-09, 02:57   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Ok some thoughts watching thos episode:

- Wow... That was the WORST reason for joining a resistance that I have ever seen, even worse is that I am confused as to why the Asian force would just destroy the ceramics workshop... maybe one of their higher-ups bought some from her grandfather and they broke so now the workshop shouldn't exists or something? Wouldn't put it past this show toaje up a petty excuse like that, or maybe her grandfather was helping the resistance and they caught wind of it? But then, why did they keep him alive for helping out "terrorists"?
They needed the space to build a parking lot for their military base.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-09, 08:11   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just saw the last two episodes and yeah, this show being the "lesser Code Geass" still hasn't change.

Given the writer, I do not expect the macro-political writing to make much sense. Almost all the big-picture stuffs are simplified. Pretty much all the occupation forces are just Britannia that got divided into three sides. All sides are just as trigger-happy as the Britannia and they're battle-hungry too. They're all cartoon villains but the fact that every side hates each other enough to do war is a chaotic-fun setting for mecha battles.

That said, I like that the show has more laid-back attitude than CG. It focuses more on the mundane stufs & little things. And Gai is still the fun soul of the show. I love that Gai & Kai got their "Amuro moment" guiding people to safety via their superhuman method. Nayuta is annoying though. The other characters are right to dislike him. And him claiming to be an Italian gentlemen is like a slap to Ricardo Fellini from GBF.

Anyway, I came for the mecha battles and they are still decent. Not bad for a flying Amaim debut. The animation looks clean even though not very vigorous.
Old 2021-11-09, 09:00   Link #87
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They needed the space to build a parking lot for their military base.
Nah, I think what they needed to build was the bases bathroom.
Old 2021-11-09, 21:39   Link #88
Wandering Soul

The new girl's mech is my favorite of the main trio. It's speed and ability to fly are nice pluses.
Old 2021-11-11, 05:55   Link #89
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
I've heard/seen similar things happen in this part of the world and that still applies even if it does seem petty to you.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-11, 20:41   Link #90
eilegz

so far for me its like gundam 00, wing and code geass had a child... im liking what i see on this show sure its "generic" enemy but dont worry next ep we get a low budget graham aker
eilegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-15, 18:03   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Piloting three mechs at once? Really? And he's apparently better than the pilots too.

The story is getting a bit more interesting. The autonomous AIs were all built by the same "mysterious person" and every power block wants that technology. I have wonder why the MAILeS need to have pilots though, since the AIs are supposed to be able to handle everything.
Old 2021-11-15, 21:35   Link #92
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Cool, kid-friendly Code Geass introduces Lelouch

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-11-16, 12:17   Link #93
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Piloting three mechs at once? Really? And he's apparently better than the pilots too.
Maybe he's a coordinator?
Old 2021-11-18, 21:23   Link #94
eilegz

Quote:
i wanted the jet stream attack
eilegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-19, 04:52   Link #95
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilegz View Post
... dont worry next ep we get a low budget graham aker
Shit, you're right. Among all the Char clones out there Brad resembles Graham/Bushido the most, with a sprinkle of Treize. I mean, he has his own "Flag squad", fond of Japan and prefer manned-mechs than drones.

And speaking of manned mechs, the battle in this episode is good. Like, really good. It is intense, it is complex and it's blood-less-ly unrelentless. Brad is one hell of a pilot for taking control 3 mechs at once and arguably using the two better than the pilots inside. And I'm glad that they threw everything but the kitchen sink at Ghost. It shows you how terrifying a rogue AI inside an AMAIM can be. It reminds me of Hashmal from IBO. Gotta kill it sooner or it will grow smarter & better.

Other than that, nothing special happened. Nayuta's still annoying and the girl's personality is nothing to write home about.

After this episode, I'll be excited whenever Brad is on-screen, especially when he fights Ghost. Heck, Ghost is another reason for me to follow this show other than its fellow AI, Gai.
Old 2021-11-20, 02:06   Link #96
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I guess episode 7 does answer that parts of Japan under NAC control is having autonomy, but Brad doesn't mince his words that it'll be just another form of colonization.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 17:35   Link #97
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I guess episode 7 does answer that parts of Japan under NAC control is having autonomy, but Brad doesn't mince his words that it'll be just another form of colonization.
But still no reason for any of it happening in the first place. It's like they are not even trying.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 18:25   Link #98
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
But still no reason for any of it happening in the first place. It's like they are not even trying.
At this point, I don't think they are gonna be able to save that point and we just have to accept it as is.

Old 2021-11-22, 18:09   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was a nice thing to do, but they spent so much time and manpower on helping just nine people.
Old 2021-11-24, 10:02   Link #100
Chosen_Hero

They really wanted you to notice the post WW2 allegory in this episode, didn't they? The part that got a laugh out of was when they took the obvious millenial/gen Zer reference and forced him to work... everything about that was about as obvious as a hammer to the face.

Please tell me I wasn't the only one that felt like the writer had an obvious bone to pick there..

Quote:
It was a nice thing to do, but they spent so much time and manpower on helping just nine people.
They could have at the very least tried to give the excuse that they would use that place as a shelter to send anyone else in a similar position, but no, it's all about that one family.

Tags
mecha, sci fi