AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-22, 04:14   Link #81
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
oh sorry cause i don't know how to put a spoiler tag sry well anyway thx for giving me a hint haha ) don't know how to put i have no grudge. well thanks for giving me a spoiler hah ) hate the scanlators they didn't finish this great manga Y_Y
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 12:51   Link #82
Sol Falling

I'm enjoying this quite a bit currently but the whole 'coming of age' aspect many people keep bringing up worries me somewhat (from the perspective of someone avoiding the raws). There are a lot of aspects of the main character which resonate with the past or current me which, combined with the parody aspects to keep it from being too serious, brings a lot of value to the story. However, if Kurosawa ends up completely rejecting the 'isolation' aspect of his personality as some attempt on the part of the story to pass off a serious moral or meaning, then honestly I think it will come off as preachy and ruin it for me.

Some tension over that possibility is also making me anxious (impatient) for more chapters.

Anyway, one example of one of those aspects which resonates with me is Kurosawa's dark fantasies over Takagawa. As what seems to be a singular source of what he considers meaningful conversations, harbouring those kinds of feelings is kind of self-destructive, isn't it? Contradictory. It seems that the more Takagawa takes an natural interest in Kurosawa's thoughts and opinions, or even in him as a person, the stronger grows Kurosawa's desire to dominate and humiliate her, reducing her to a mere sex object (in his fantasies). I just sorta wanted to say that this reaction was something I actually at some point experienced. A kind of nihilism and lust which is kinda fascinating. Anybody else (identify with it, I mean)? But, well, yeah. I don't suppose the story intends to endorse it.

As for the why of that reaction, on some level of course its his daily nature. But more than that, the intensity, stems from an imbalance. On one hand, Kurosawa should value and rarify Takagawa as a source of 'meaningful' conversation. Notably, she takes initiative and is the one who engages him. On the other hand, however, her interest is natural. It is wide, which may be why she stumbled across him in the first place. As a result, it is clear yet not clear that her friendliness is not with him exclusively, that thier 'meaningful conversations' don't mean nearly as much to her as they do to him (well, subconciously or potentially or whatever). So there is a bit of an imbalance, and insecurity. This naturally encourages a relapse into what is safe and familiar, on some level a rejection of the current developments.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 08:40   Link #83
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
Spoiler for don't know:

Just asking -smiles-

Last edited by teddychan; 2009-05-06 at 15:33. Reason: don't know how to speak english properly Y_Y just re adjusting
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 19:11   Link #84
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 13-17 :

Lol , too bad , Takigawa like the afro rofl . I though Kurosawa will end up with her but not .
Well , its weird lol but its the life
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 01:26   Link #85
Proudleaf

Just letting everyone know that a very kind soul has picked up the remainder of the series and is translating it.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 02:38   Link #86
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudleaf View Post
Just letting everyone know that a very kind soul has picked up the remainder of the series and is translating it.
Yup his speed is amazing!

Anyways, even though the manga is still engaging, I really dont like how they have approach the ending. The happy conclusion that is slowly building up at vol 3 and his fast U-turn to rightousness was not what I was expecting going into this.the evilness that kelpt me hooked is finally gone and all there is left is looking forward to the final chapter to a completion of another manga...

I guess I was hoping for some kind of epic performance at the end that will keep the manga memorable and not become "another one" in the list. Unless... if they do some kind of outrageous evil twist... which i doubt will happen *prays it does*
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 04:57   Link #87
DxJ
Two becomes one

Wow...

When I saw the title for this.... I was expecting something for some lulz, but seriously... Im shocked, sad, and happy (wtf?)

Spoiler for Shocking:

I'm so dissapointed in myself lol. Sigh never judge a book by its cover, as they say
DxJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 11:42   Link #88
vharxin

the latest chapter is just a huge awesomeness coming from a doujin and so, probably one of the best drama moments i've ever seen

and the translator went in insane speed so, hope they will keep it up until the end
vharxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:20   Link #89
DxJ
Two becomes one

Anyone want to PM how Takigawa's and Kurosawa's last chat goes in Vol.4?
Spoiler for hmmn:

Or put in spoiler tags, I don't mind. I wanna know what happens
DxJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 17:57   Link #90
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 18-28

Finally he stopped his sick Fap lool
Well , he was courageous to tell them that he was the culpable .
He beared all thoses insults .
Takigawa forgave him . (Still surprised that she is with the afro guy , well ..)
So a relation begins with him and Sugawa .
Poor Kitara but seems that she killed or something like that thoses bitchs ?
Old 2009-07-26, 18:37   Link #91
Tornado Riku

I love Takigawa so much coz she's really cute though I hate her the same way coz she likes the afro otaku dude.. Disappointing..
Tornado Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 18:57   Link #92
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Why hate on the afro dude?
Time and again, he has shown us how great of a character he is. He is empathetic, he is indiscriminate, and he's helpful. I would want a friend like him.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 19:49   Link #93
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Why hate on the afro dude?
Time and again, he has shown us how great of a character he is. He is empathetic, he is indiscriminate, and he's helpful. I would want a friend like him.
Yeah, unfortunately all people care about are looks. Forgive the guy who faps in a girl's bathroom since he's handsome . However, even I got irritated when it turned out Takigawa liked him instead of Kurosawa. So I guess the bias comes from the attatchment you have with the characters rather than just appearance.
Old 2009-07-26, 22:38   Link #94
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

"Heh"
"Sugawa-san always has a scary face on in class, but you're actually pretty shy aren't you?"

That was my favorite part in chapter 28. Just love how he gave a little chuckle at her. As for Kitahara, wow what a way to go out. It's like some kind of warning to those bullies O_O
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 08:46   Link #95
Tornado Riku

I love the flow the story. My heart beats really fast as I read it.

Spoiler for SPOILER:
Tornado Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 12:33   Link #96
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Afro guy is a real man, he is the only one who can openly admit his pleasures in life and doesn't really care what other people think. Most other people would lie and and do stupid things that they don't like to get other people to like them. Plus Afro guy got a nice girl. *Gar Award* to Afro guy.
---
That aside, I admit I liked the first few chapters of this manga better than the later, because I initially read it for comedy relief. Death Note references along with fapping, hence Fap Note. Yagami Light, the evil genius faps, I don't think it got any better than that.
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 12:42   Link #97
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Me , i expected more Kurosawa x Takigawa because they were nice together and had the same interests etc ... well , watch back the chapters when they were together . Sure , the afro guy is kind and can be a good friend .
Old 2009-07-27, 17:32   Link #98
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well chapter 29 :

I though Kitahara killed the 2 girls but instead she hurt his hands . Well , thoses girls feared a lot lol .Seems bit by bit , people will forgive Kurosawa .
Old 2009-07-27, 20:46   Link #99
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Pretty good ending.

Spoiler for Ch30:
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 21:06   Link #100
aulzon

Spoiler for ch30:
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote