AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 11:10   Link #241
KrimzonStriker

A prequel eh? Well, this certainly seems interesting, We could always do with an elaboration on the history of the CG universe since we had so little to go on before hand anyway
Old 2009-12-07, 11:17   Link #242
patnam

Well, let's wait for 2010 information whether it is going to be in manga adaptation or made in anime...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 11:28   Link #243
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, Taniguchi did say that he wanted to do a "Code Geass" that is unique to manga, but I guess there's always a chance of it being adapted into anime sometime in the future if it turns out to be successful.
Old 2009-12-07, 12:17   Link #244
Zero12591

Question What the hell is going on?!

I'm very excited about this new project. But I can't seem to figure out what it is exactly.
Can someone please explain to me, in full detail, everything we know about the project so far? I'd really appreciate it.
PS, No speculations, please. Just facts.
Zero12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 12:30   Link #245
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero12591 View Post
I'm very excited about this new project. But I can't seem to figure out what it is exactly.
Can someone please explain to me, in full detail, everything we know about the project so far? I'd really appreciate it.
PS, No speculations, please. Just facts.
New project than includes manga, figurines etc. The manga script is done by Taniguchi, it's about Geass in Edo period, with new characters(well, maybe with new old C.C.). More info to come in 2010
Old 2009-12-07, 13:16   Link #246
Jarmel

I really like the artstyle they used for C.C. Hope they turn this into an anime judging by the art style alone.

Edit:What I'm curious about then is why was that message signed with Zero if this a prequel? Maybe there is some sort of correlation with the R2 or possibly another project in the works. Possibly even that cart driver being the "Lelouch" from this time period. God I love speculation.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2009-12-07 at 13:32.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 13:43   Link #247
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Edit:What I'm curious about then is why was that message signed with Zero if this a prequel? Maybe there is some sort of correlation with the R2 or possibly another project in the works. Possibly even that cart driver being the "Lelouch" from this time period. God I love speculation.
Think of it as "a public service announcement brought to you by Zero". He's pretty much the icon of Code Geass so the fact he was chosen to be in the announcement was quite natural. Of course, they could've used C.C. for that as she has always been something like the "mascot" of the franchise and she's the only character from the original series that will be able to show up in the new project given the fact it's set during the Edo period.
Old 2009-12-07, 13:46   Link #248
Jarmel

Again the announcement was pretty closely linked to Zero(his birthday and it being signed by him) so I have a feeling some other projects might be in the tube involving him.
Old 2009-12-07, 13:47   Link #249
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

ANN has an article up now but it pretty much says everything that has already been said in this thread. Link.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 14:09   Link #250
Kuroshinobu

So the main character is Renya, the one who resembles Suzaku. If that ANN article is correctly translated, than that means this is in the same universe as LotR. That's the same C.C. as well. Still no info on the Lelouch look-a-like.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 14:14   Link #251
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Again the announcement was pretty closely linked to Zero(his birthday and it being signed by him) so I have a feeling some other projects might be in the tube involving him.
That's highly unlikely in my opinion. What made Zero awesome? Was it the costume or was it the man behind the mask? The man behind the mask is dead and Suzaku is now wearing the costume. I don't know about the rest of you but I think that to expand Lelouch of the Rebellion without Lelouch would be one of the most moronic decisions ever. Besides, the protagonist of Lelouch of the Rebellion went all in with his final plan in which he killed a lot of people and sacrificed himself in order to obtain peace. To produce a sequel in which there without a doubt would be some major conflict that would include KMF warfare, slaughter and oppression would be like pissing all over the character that the entire series revolved around. I don't think that will happen.

To explore the history of the Code Geass world is something entirely different though. There's much that can be told there. C.C. is one of my least favorite characters in the franchise but she's been through a lot and since she's pretty much like a plot device (an entity that grants the protagonist a supernatural power) her background can really be explored, using different protagonists. I really wished they let the franchise rest in peace though. I can't imagine any viable Code Geass project that would have any chance of topping Lelouch of the Rebellion to be honest. I'm not saying it's impossible though, only that I really don't think they'll ever pull that off.

We also have the violent history of the Holy Britannian Empire to take into consideration. I guess we might see something related to that in the new project since it's set in the Edo period and the Edo period starts with the same year as "Britannian history" diverges from our timeline, with Elisabeth I's death 1603.
Old 2009-12-07, 14:32   Link #252
Jarmel

I meant Lelouch, it was his birthday. Lelouch will always be Zero in my book. Again I have a feeling they might have some works regarding him in the future (either that or it was just taking advantage of the date). The new manga looks kinda interesting but having Suzaku as the lead just pisses me off so much. It would be interesting if they reversed their personalities with Suzaku being the cold blooded leader.
Old 2009-12-07, 14:35   Link #253
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I meant Lelouch, it was his birthday. Lelouch will always be Zero in my book. Again I have a feeling they might have some works regarding him in the future (either that or it was just taking advantage of the date). The new manga looks kinda interesting but having Suzaku as the lead just pisses me off so much. It would be interesting if they reversed their personalities with Suzaku being the cold blooded leader.
Suzaku became pretty cold-blooded towards the end of the series though, wouldn't you say?
Old 2009-12-07, 14:36   Link #254
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
he already might be a cold blooded bastard at this point
now he just needs something to lead

edit: ninja'd
Old 2009-12-07, 14:38   Link #255
Kuroshinobu

If Goro Taniguchi is writing the story for this, you can expect it to be fairly expansive plot wise, but at the same time don't keep your hopes too high for another anime project.

Or well you know do what I do and just keep hoping haha.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 14:42   Link #256
Zero12591

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
New project than includes manga, figurines etc.
When I said "in full detail", I was hoping that the responses wouldn't have the word "etc."

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
it's about Geass in Edo period, with new characters(well, maybe with new old C.C.).
That can't be right. They CAN NOT make a "Code Geass" project without Lelouch!
Lelouch is the glue that holds the series together. It's like he's the sun, and all the other characters are planets revolving around him. Doing a "Code Geass" project without Lelouch is like doing a "Naruto" project without Naruto.
Zero12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 14:46   Link #257
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Suzaku became pretty cold-blooded towards the end of the series though, wouldn't you say?
Rather more like a douchebag. However he still wouldn't really qualify as a leader like Lelouch or Schneizel. It would be interesting to see that dichotomy reversed.
Old 2009-12-07, 14:47   Link #258
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
If Goro Taniguchi is writing the story for this, you can expect it to be fairly expansive plot wise, but at the same time don't keep your hopes too high for another anime project.

Or well you know do what I do and just keep hoping haha.
Last year, I speculated that Sunrise MIGHT come out with a brand new Code Geass with a Brand New Character, in a Brand New Setting. However, the creators would have greater FREEDOM to do whatever they want with it.

I felt that the mangas should have original stories to compliment the anime of Season One. I do feel, however, that the Code Geass Project would also have an anime componet to it. So we'll just have to wait and see how things develop. My guess is the anime will be a remake of Code Geass R2.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 14:50   Link #259
Bailaora
Very Black Knight

Send a message via ICQ to Bailaora
My friends and I are betting on Renya being Suzaku's and Kaguya's relative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero12591 View Post
Doing a "Code Geass" project without Lelouch is like doing a "Naruto" project without Naruto.
Naruto without Naruto? Do want! XD
Bailaora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 14:54   Link #260
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
A prequel eh? Well, this certainly seems interesting, We could always do with an elaboration on the history of the CG universe since we had so little to go on before hand anyway
wtf i haven't seen you in forever.
Anyways back to the story.
How can you fuck up a clusterfuck even more? by adding to it!
AWESOME! Anyways, I am excited to see this story again. But at the same time I am hesitant to think about anything.
MY guess is if it is in a different Era the only way it makes sense is to be forward in time. The real question is lelouch. I though they would do some type of sequel or something.
Although i was still coming to terms with the ending recently, but this shit can throw a wrench into the mix which is not good. CC God damn it.
Why can't she be like Amber and be likable to me. Damn it.
Oh well won't get any news till january so here's to January. *Drowns himself in booze*
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha