AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 21:34   Link #21
eLstar
(^_^)v

I liked this episode it was pretty cool. Huse and Mustang are interesting characters, I especially like Huse.

Old 2003-11-04, 21:48   Link #22
Tea Pad
Earth Died Screaming

52 episodes, hm? Are the majority of these going to be flashbacks? While I'm enjoying this lengthy retrogression to some extent, I find myself a little frustrated with the pacing on the whole; episode 4 in particular seemed slow and unnecessary. Things ought to pick up with the exam - though I suppose we already know whether or not he'll pass
Old 2003-11-05, 02:19   Link #23
Y fa fret
I'm cold

I don't mind the lengty flashback. In a 52 episode series they better be telling us how the heros got there. And I'd rather they do it all right now then throwing bits and pieces of their past at us at times when you'd rather see what's gonna happen in the present.

Because seriously, the series whent back to the past at a time where you don't need to know what happens next in the present...

Anyway, I'm really loving this series up to now, too bad the games will probly be PS2 exclusie as well as being shitty Square soft clone-RPGs
Old 2003-11-05, 09:51   Link #24
mi-chan
airmasters timer

Send a message via AIM to mi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to mi-chan
hhmmmm i think i would have to agree. The fire element that he used is more of an evil type of wep. I wonder if he later on becomes an enemy? . Guess i will have to wait to find out
Old 2003-11-05, 10:13   Link #25
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y fa fret
Anyway, I'm really loving this series up to now, too bad the games will probly be PS2 exclusie as well as being shitty Square soft clone-RPGs
Nope, from what I read, the game is actually pretty innovative... And I wouldn't be surprised if it's more Enix-influenced than Square, since this manga was published in the old Enix's manga magazine. (though Enix wasn't really a game developer)
Old 2003-11-05, 10:28   Link #26
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
<OTslightly> I'll insulte his pyro alchemy since for the last 2 years i've been the Eldest pyromancer in a mud a play, and my napalm spell makes his little flame look like nothing.

Odds are the show will do flash backs till episode 10 or so and then work their way on,
i still wanta know when we get to see the other sins, so far it's just Lust and Envy, i saw a 3ed in the op so i guess in the first season we get to see 3 of the 7 and in the second we see the other 4, at least that's my guess.
Old 2003-11-05, 13:00   Link #27
BigFire

Manga Chapter 5 & anime episode 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
I had a hard time telling the first time I watched it whether or not Roy used the glove the same either. Yep, he still flicks it. Though he seems a lot more...scary...in the anime. The anime seems to like upping the drama/creepy quotient a lot.

Toriyamaworld finally released Ch.5 of the manga. Now THAT I can't wait to see animated (and no, I'm not spoiling it either!).
By the look of the preview at the end of episode 5, the next anime episode will be partially adopted from manga chapter 5. Which means, it's a heart wrender.
Old 2003-11-05, 18:21   Link #28
Ash Masaki

Im lovin this show so far. Good story, cool characters. Nice music, great animation.

Ep5 was awesome. Lots of action, and also pretty funny.

I can’t wait for more!
Old 2003-11-05, 18:42   Link #29
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire
By the look of the preview at the end of episode 5, the next anime episode will be partially adopted from manga chapter 5. Which means, it's a heart wrender.
A heart wrencher? Man words cannot describe the sorrow that you feel after reading chapter 5. Watching Grave of the Fireflies won't help you out of the depression either.

Personally I'm hoping it's not gonna be a heart wrencher, it just looks like the typical "he'll never pass the exam/preliminaries!" and everyone is so shocked when the action hero passes while saying he has grown, evolved, or a genius.

Old 2003-11-06, 03:51   Link #30
Hoshisama
some what spectacular....

just started reading the manga, but love this series, if it continues, wouldn't might the "soon to be 52 eps"
Old 2003-11-06, 18:36   Link #31
JubileX
Inactive Member

I've been hunting a -long- time for an anime such as this. Every episode so far has kept me in the hotseat and begging for more.

Since it's released by Square-Enix, is there any word out there about seeing our favorite alchemist on Playstation 2 ?

....Offline.
Old 2003-11-07, 11:48   Link #32
NenMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshisama
just started reading the manga, but love this series, if it continues, wouldn't might the "soon to be 52 eps"
how mny vols is this manga/
Old 2003-11-07, 17:52   Link #33
OMchan
オムちゃん

I think Volume 6 was released last month [October] ... I'm very sure though.

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2003-11-08, 00:03   Link #34
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Pad
52 episodes, hm? Are the majority of these going to be flashbacks? While I'm enjoying this lengthy retrogression to some extent, I find myself a little frustrated with the pacing on the whole; episode 4 in particular seemed slow and unnecessary. Things ought to pick up with the exam - though I suppose we already know whether or not he'll pass
I think the first two episodes were more of a "flash-forward"; they wanted to hook people in the first manga volume/episode by introducing the characters in an exciting and dramatic fashion.
Old 2003-11-08, 00:10   Link #35
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi-chan
hhmmmm i think i would have to agree. The fire element that he used is more of an evil type of wep. I wonder if he later on becomes an enemy? . Guess i will have to wait to find out
Considering that he has the most evil eyes ever, constantly says things with evil undertones, wears evil clothing, leads a government organization that numerous characters have called evil, and was practically going like this...

...I would say that the probability is extremely high.
Old 2003-11-08, 15:17   Link #36
raspberihevn

Send a message via AIM to raspberihevn
They sure messed up the sequence of the story. I'm all o_O confused between the manga version and anime version. That train scene- didn't that happen when Edward was already a national alchemist? The sequences of his life is told in different order and occurred at wrong times. I kinda prefer Edward act more rudely to Colonel Roy Mustang to show they're on the same level power-wise.

In the manga I liked how Edward has that cool atmosphere about him and how he settles conflicts with his intellect. But in the anime the viewers watch him grow through trial and error. Hmm, I like both sides of the story but I prefer Ed already grown up so the story can get to the point. The storyline is completley mixed up since the creators decided to begin Ed&Al's story from the beginning ~ which means before they became national alchemist age 11 which explains their childish voices.

Ed&Al were already well on their way to find the philosophers' stone in the manga age 15 but the anime rearranged the sequences of his life.

..I wonder who trains Ed and Al in alchemy.
Closed Thread