AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 21:51   Link #161
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Those silhouettes in raging fire.

My body was not ready.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 01:03   Link #162
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Oh boy I'm hyped as hell for the premiere

Bring it on.
Old 2012-03-31, 01:12   Link #163
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, IIRC they did release it on DVD in the US retitled Knights of the Zodiak (silly title) and heavily edit the content to remove all the bloody violence in order to make it a kid’s show (they even make their own version of the OP and ED). The result: A complete disaster. Instead of making it more famous ala Robotech (the dumbed down version of SDF Macross), that release killed any potential Saint Seiya had to be well accepted in the US market.
Don't feel bad! When we got Saint Seiya here about 20 years ago they also renamed the title to Los Caballeros del Zodiaco, which from Spanish translates directly to Knights of Zodiac.
You want to hear some even bad news?

Back then, they didn't brought to sub the original opening and instead used the Spain sub for the opening, however, they did keep intact the content of all the whole episodes with that I mean the violence and the blood. That was when Saint Seiya got to air in my country through free TV broadcasting.

Ten years later when Saint Seiya started airing on the Latin American Cartoon Network that time they brought and subbed the original opening and ending for the show. Unfortunately, the downside was that they edited and trimmed the content.

Another reason why in my country the board of censorhip sticked with the title "Los Caballeros del Zodiaco" (Knights of Zodiac in English) for the localization was to avoid sensibility issues with replacing the word "saints" for "knights".
Athenas' saints are called Athenas' knights in my country.

Religion forms part of traditional family values in my country and wouldn't have looked good if an anime TV show broadcasted through free TV, where anyone has direct access to, would have advertised that their main characters were actually saints not knights, viewed by children accompanied by their parents.

Why do you think what was the reason we were the only Latin American country in the entire continent that never ever did air Neon Genesis Evangelion on free TV back in late 1990's and early 2000's?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 09:06   Link #164
LKK

I didn't see this posted. Crunchyroll will be streaming the series. It'll be available to the following territories: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 10:47   Link #165
Key Board
Carbon

So I've been wondering.. I think I saw Kouga perform Suiseiken in one of the promos

but Suiseiken is a technique Seiya learned from Marin

and Kouga's mentor is supposedly Shaina, not Marin

maybe I should wait for the show to explain but, but I'm still curious
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:06   Link #166
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
So I've been wondering.. I think I saw Kouga perform Suiseiken in one of the promos

but Suiseiken is a technique Seiya learned from Marin

and Kouga's mentor is supposedly Shaina, not Marin

maybe I should wait for the show to explain but, but I'm still curious
Shain was owned by Seiya in more than one time .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:49   Link #167
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I want to re watch Saint Seiya Omega on Crunchyroll but I can't!!

NOoooooo
Old 2012-03-31, 12:35   Link #168
Miraluka
Banned

The meeting:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-03-31 at 15:04.
Old 2012-03-31, 12:46   Link #169
Albafica
Pisces no saint

There is a problem on your video .
Old 2012-03-31, 12:54   Link #170
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Better quality OP:
Holy crap.

I got goosebumps from watching that. That intro was just ... everything. The remix, the animation, the designs, the voices ...

woah ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Those silhouettes in raging fire.

My body was not ready.
Ikr?

I have to admit, I actually clapped at the end their with the audience. So awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I didn't see this posted. Crunchyroll will be streaming the series. It'll be available to the following territories: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. [Source]
Well then, this means I get to watch 2 of the upcoming shows I'm looking forward to legally. wonder when was the last time this happened with crunchy in recent memory?

@Albafica Well, going by how big Saint Seiya is in Europe and Latin America, I'm guessing that Crunchyroll wasn't able to get the rights due to whoever is holding them in these countries having other plans for the show (probably broadcasting) or release via their own channels). It does suck, but what can you do ...

@Key Board considering that Koga is apparently a Seiya fanboy, and since Shain should have knowledge about the Suiseiken, I don't think it's much of a stretch to imagine that share it with Koga. Well have to wait to see how it goes in the show proper, since Koga might have learned it it on his own or some other explanation.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:24   Link #171
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Fuck !
My body was not ready ! *___*

Holy Athena! That's one character I never expected to return... mostly because I had forgotten about his existence

I'm so freaking pumped right now. I want to see this episode NAO!
Old 2012-03-31, 15:04   Link #172
Miraluka
Banned

Fixed the link.
Old 2012-03-31, 15:56   Link #173
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I haven't watched the original Saint Seiya in forever and barely remember it, but don't got time to rewatch it. Will this be watchable for someone with an incredibly foggy memory of it?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 16:49   Link #174
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I haven't watched the episode itself, but from what I've seen, I'd reckon so. It doesn't seem to be very related to the past ones aside from some of the old characters popping up. But even those seem like they can be introduced just fine to the new audience, which is probably what they're going for with this different Umakoshi approach!

Anyway, it's on right now, can't wait til it's avaible for watching!
Old 2012-03-31, 17:13   Link #175
n0m@n
C-Z

Sweet! This Saint Seiya looks better than I expected.
Shouldnt this thread be moved to *Current Series* since it has already aired?
Old 2012-03-31, 17:15   Link #176
Albafica
Pisces no saint

The first episode was aired. I watch first minutes in simucast with Japan TV (Asahi), but it has so much lag, so I give up.
I already watched the first episode at the premiere, but these minutes were really good, the soundtrack is really cool; the music too!

I really want to see it in a good quality. When Raw will be out!!!
Old 2012-03-31, 17:21   Link #177
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Sweet! This Saint Seiya looks better than I expected.
Shouldnt this thread be moved to *Current Series* since it has already aired?
I don't know if they've changed their policy recently, but it usually gets moved when subs come out.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 17:25   Link #178
n0m@n
C-Z

@Albafica
You can watch on broadcast!? Oh man. I should have done that.......

@OceanBlue
Oh thanks for the notice. Just by looking the OP, it seems this will be better than Lost Cavas maybe.
Old 2012-03-31, 17:38   Link #179
Felliko

Saga Hades was the best in my book..
Old 2012-03-31, 20:21   Link #180
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
First episode was more intense and serious than i was expecting. The action is like the original series on steroids. Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I haven't watched the original Saint Seiya in forever and barely remember it, but don't got time to rewatch it. Will this be watchable for someone with an incredibly foggy memory of it?
Having watched the first episode....that won't be a problem, although i think older fans are likely to get more out of this series. For instance, the scene where Shaina loses her cool when Kouga badmouths Seiya has a lot more meaning if you know the characters and what they've gone through.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen