AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 20:54   Link #41941
Eratas123

Okay, there seems to be a new trend going on: Rather than make OC's, people go and put "Ichika was raised by X and named Y", turning him into a possession character:/ They''re basically using Ichika's character....while not using him at all.
Old 2013-04-25, 20:57   Link #41942
agetreme
Just another Idiot

While thinking of it in my sleep.

I realised that the Plush toy concept work just as well (and it save me the effort to create new character, I just need to rework on the old one instead).

The Plush toy is actually a two in one project consisting of telepresence and bio-engineering.

Telepresence part allow the user to feel like he/she is in certain area without actually physically there while the bio-engineering part, allows crippled (as in from neck down) to walk again in new body.

There is some screw up and the lead (Nemo Griffin) end up being the victim of the accident.

Needless to say, he is not too pleased about it.

Also giving him a reason to dislike 3d women: A female employee accidentally sabotaged the project while trying to prove that female is just as capable when the reason why she is excluded from the project is not because of her gender but because she had no experience, never worked on the project when it first started and have no idea about how it actually work...

The Drone part is actually a scrapped Space Probe project that used to be part of Infinite Stratos project. It was picked up as a military project but the Company (New Edge) acquired it and work upon it.

========
Quote:
Okay, there seems to be a new trend going on: Rather than make OC's, people go and put "Ichika was raised by X and named Y", turning him into a possession character:/ They''re basically using Ichika's character....while not using him at all.
Because Ichika is too bland and stupid?

I personally think that an Ichika who is not raised by Chifuyu is still technically an OC with Ichika's name on it.

Unless the said Ichika is still piloting the Vanilla Byakushiki with no upgrades
Old 2013-04-25, 20:59   Link #41943
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Would you rather use V8 version then?

Personally, I can't say anything because I use the same plot anyway

@ Age
You repeated the phrase "Plush toy"

WHAT exactly it is? What it's role etc.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:00   Link #41944
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then that means my worst fears have been realized. From Marty stu to possession. I told you all when I was just starting out -_-, I hate it more than Marty.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 21:16   Link #41945
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Would you rather use V8 version then?

Personally, I can't say anything because I use the same plot anyway

@ Age
You repeated the phrase "Plush toy"

WHAT exactly it is? What it's role etc.
In story sense: It is actually a telepresence machine. The intention is to let people feel like they are in someplace without physically being there. The Plush Toy appearance is because it was meant to be sold to the public, cute appearance helped to sell the product.

In meta sense: It allows a bloodless carnage. The main lead can be torn limbs by limbs, shot multiple times and still be alive by the end of it.

It's made of Iron, justified.

Also to give him some leverage in fighting, the main lead is not a martial artist, if he was to face off with the canon cast (even without IS armor on), he would have died multiple times (being shot in the head).

The small size allow him to dodge better (similar to Star War's Yoda in Soul Caliber) and inhuman nature allow him to take lots of abuse.

Philosophical sense: Most Humans judge things by their appearance. If you doesn't even look remotely like a human, the chances are: you will not be treated as one.

Edit: Forgot to mention one more thing: Reflecting how women in IS-verse view males: Toys. Once you grew out of it, there is no place for it in your life.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:16   Link #41946
Eratas123

The problem is its really transparent:/ Being raised by someone else? Fine. Having a different personality? I can stomach that. But changing his name to something like "Seth" or "Thanatos"? Okay, you're not even trying to use Ichika at all now, are you?

Seriously, its like saying "Hey, this Ichika....except he has a different background, personality, and even name! So really, the only thing that makes him Ichika is that he can still pilot an IS and women flock to him like zombie's on a dying man!"

Right, because every Marty Stu OC doesn't have those qualities, right?
Old 2013-04-25, 21:24   Link #41947
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
The problem is its really transparent:/ Being raised by someone else? Fine. Having a different personality? I can stomach that. But changing his name to something like "Seth" or "Thanatos"? Okay, you're not even trying to use Ichika at all now, are you?

Seriously, its like saying "Hey, this Ichika....except he has a different background, personality, and even name! So really, the only thing that makes him Ichika is that he can still pilot an IS and women flock to him like zombie's on a dying man!"

You forgot: piloting original fan-made IS rather than Byakushiki make you question: Is that really Ichika or are you just using his name.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:28   Link #41948
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

The problem is that the same people who write such character share similar characteristic: either inexperienced, talentless, or ignorant/conceited

So they try to make Ichika an ideal character, the point is that they don't put a limit anchor on it, to keep it grounded with readers' expectation AND in universe logic. The result is that such character being out of place, to hell with their name or appearance.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:34   Link #41949
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Because Ichika is too bland and stupid?

I personally think that an Ichika who is not raised by Chifuyu is still technically an OC with Ichika's name on it.

Unless the said Ichika is still piloting the Vanilla Byakushiki with no upgrades
Because after all that flak on OCs and AUs. People would think there would be more story appeal and recognition if they... borrow his name for their own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tossing my 2 cents here. Not saying they are being unoriginal with the name-jack(yes, that's a thing now), one could just say there's no other way to get a story across the IS-verse as easily without having him center stage.

Either "Ichika" as spotlight character or the flak cloud.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:39   Link #41950
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was one of the ignorant. Then again Izuru didn't really make much sense anyway. Never fleshes out anything, never expands without breking his own canon in one way or another. Nd he keeps pushin in one shiny thing after another without bothering to polish them after introduction.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:54   Link #41951
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If my prediction is right, by the end of this year Ichika will be a codename for "Marty Stu", because as wiseman said it "The circle never ends"

Sigh, I hate being the one starting this mess, and to think that I've proud about it back then...

(Before ST, OCfied Ichika is pretty much nonexistent, just look at anything before 2012)
Old 2013-04-25, 22:01   Link #41952
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Seriously? You were the first?

>.>

And here I thought you were just following trends.

Possession sue is the main reason why I'm sensitive over characterization. Imgine taking eras personality and putting it in age's account. Thatbs be a huge difference! Except in their love for excessive depression and violence
Old 2013-04-25, 22:02   Link #41953
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Rated: T - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 13 - Words: 105,685 - Reviews: 106 - Favs: 90 - Follows: 98 - Updated: 3-21-13 - Published: 9-4-11 - Ichika O. Madoka O.

Yes, I am truly ashamed

Technically someone else make the first Badass Ichika, before I did. But she somehow keep the canon characterization, at least Ichika on his peak (V2-V3)

EDIT: that said, been a long time since she was seen here
Old 2013-04-25, 22:08   Link #41954
Eratas123

Again, altering Ichika's personality doesn't matter: Fangking and Shiranui Amaterasu, for example, had Ichika become a badass gang leader and a tech engineer respectively. Its when you alter his name and identity that it begins to go south.

Example: All three of you still called him Ichika, still had his relationship with Chifuyu taking focus, and he retained some traits like being happy go lucky and comedic. In some other fics, "Ichika" turns into a grim mofo who takes no shit and channels Jack Bauer.
Old 2013-04-25, 22:09   Link #41955
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, that very concept gave more leeway, but something done with too much intensity will turn silly.
Old 2013-04-25, 22:19   Link #41956
Eratas123

I planned to do it once:/ When I was first making Shadow, I planned to merge Ichika and Irish into one character. Thankfully I realized how stupid this would be and I backed out.
Old 2013-04-25, 22:25   Link #41957
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I once posted about a female engineer who creates a unit meant to be a step-up to the IS. Here it goes:

Spoiler for Frontal:

EDIT: Omitted Typo, hehehe
So you finally unveiled the "replacement" for the IS.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 22:38   Link #41958
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Aye I did. In-story, the creator will flat out say its meant to be superior to the IS, even turning one of the four OCs against the others in the process.

Then again, with the plotline I have, Inami won't be present in that arc.
Old 2013-04-25, 22:48   Link #41959
DarkJak2050

Ever thought of some drawbacks to the weapons?

Not just on the Frontal, but for the Minerva and the other machines you've made so far.

The Prologue to the 2nd arc to my fic shows that some of the weapons my guys use have drawbacks now.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 22:58   Link #41960
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Minerva's beam guns aren't as powerful against shielded units and the beam saber uses a hefty chunk of power on use. It still fared well against the replicas but once the Astra units come in, not so lucky...

For Frontal, I'm still thinking of the limitation.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest