AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-20, 02:12   Link #5001
alviam099

I agree with above, there's no actual proof but I believe Tatsuya didn't use Elemental Sight in the incident with Blanche, where he read and disabled the magic Evil Eye, plus Elemental Sight leaves him vulnerable when he uses it.

Old 2013-06-20, 02:54   Link #5002
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
Maya is one of the strongest, not the strongest.

and she is fighting tats afterall. Her magic does not work against him. I dont think lina can win against maya unless she can do something about maya's light speed magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Because Maya is one of the strongest. That designation is given to her, not self proclaimed. Her magic was explained in volume 8 and it is more or less an unstoppable 1 vs 1 magic. It just so happens that Tatsuya's magic is the perfect counter to Maya's magic.

She's not a strategic class, which is a designation reserved for magicians who can activate unique, large scale magics. The strongest title here is probably referring to 1 vs 1 combat in which case Maya is probably worthy of the title.

Doubtful. Lina would probably be hopeless in front of Maya. The strength of Maya's magic is its raw speed and skewering effect.

Quote:
The apparent process of this magic first forms countess tiny balls of light floating in the darkened area, which are then shot out as rays.
if the fight is held in an open field in the morning, maya will lose.
Maya can only win in dark places or at night.

Last edited by hakazee; 2013-06-20 at 04:16.
Old 2013-06-20, 03:00   Link #5003
Oxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Good that magicans only know one spell and play with them Rock-paper-scissors ... and then whatever the outcome they hug and live happily ever after
Old 2013-06-20, 03:07   Link #5004
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
Good that magicans only know one spell and play with them Rock-paper-scissors ... and then whatever the outcome they hug and live happily ever after
Quote:
This magic which had cemented Maya’s place as one of the most powerful magicians in the world, earning her the names ‘Devil of the Far East’ and ‘Queen of Night’ is a Convergence type Systematic magic which controls the distribution of light in its area of effect.
don't forget she is famous for her magic " Night ".
without her " night " she is nothing.
Old 2013-06-20, 03:38   Link #5005
bludvein

Quote:
don't forget she is famous for her magic " Night ".
without her " night " she is nothing.
That may be her specialty magic, but its not her only one. That's like saying Miyuki is useless if Cocytus can't be used. Completely not true.

Besides, all it says is that the effect is amplified under those conditions, not that it can't be used except under those conditions.
Old 2013-06-20, 04:01   Link #5006
NoLife222

Quote:
if the fight is held in an open field in the morning, maya will lose.
If you read the novel again, but i forget which part, Meteor line magic is not about the distribution of light. No matter how bright or dark a place is, meteor line can be activate. Closed space only make the magic more lethal.
Old 2013-06-20, 04:15   Link #5007
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
That may be her specialty magic, but its not her only one. That's like saying Miyuki is useless if Cocytus can't be used. Completely not true.

Besides, all it says is that the effect is amplified under those conditions, not that it can't be used except under those conditions.
without her " Night " she would not be one of the strongest magician .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
If you read the novel again, but i forget which part, Meteor line magic is not about the distribution of light. No matter how bright or dark a place is, meteor line can be activate. Closed space only make the magic more lethal.
Quote:
The apparent process of this magic first forms countess tiny balls of light floating in the darkened area, which are then shot out as rays.

but in the novel it is said that the light floating in the darkened area.
in the open field in the morning , there is no dark place.
Old 2013-06-20, 04:24   Link #5008
alviam099

Come on, read properly will you? For Christ's sake, the reason the area became darkened because Maya activated her magic Night. You're quoting something you don't understand at all.

Night is a goddamn magic and it's on Maya's CAD, the only reason she'll do witout " Night " is when she's not carrying it.

Old 2013-06-20, 04:28   Link #5009
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
Come on, read properly will you? For Christ's sake, the reason the area became darkened because Maya activated her magic Night. You're quoting something you don't understand at all.

Night is a goddamn magic and it's on Maya's CAD, the only reason she'll do witout " Night " is when she's not carrying it.
i had a hard time imagine her magic.
so you mean she created a completely dark area then shooting the light ?
even in the open field she can create darkness ?
Old 2013-06-20, 04:33   Link #5010
Seitsuki
Onee!

You know 'darkness' isn't a prerequisite. It's not like she needs to command all the light in an area, just enough to form her lines. Which are perfectly lethal regardless of whether they're nicely visible or not.
Old 2013-06-20, 04:39   Link #5011
Oxide

Quote:

ding ding ding ... you dear sir are correct ... nightmare descibes maya as person who gained second of the yotsuba traits:distinctive power(meaning she probably floors regular magicians in terms interference, processing power and capacity). Fact is that she use light manipuulation magic due to her strong affinity to it but that doesn't mean she is by any means limited to that magic or that descirbed spell is her only one. Next thing is her domain: the night ... can light be manipulated in mid day ? sure it can (honoka shown that and she didn't establish such domain), i mean we even have lasers that can do pretty nasty things and even while regular light coherency coefficient is low we still can't for example look at sun without harming the eyesight. So magic should be usable then why do it (i mean altering spatial structure day/night is by no mean small feat here as well as it should be quite draining to sustain that effect) ? There might be several reasons (though all is speculation) first of all darkness obstruct vision making physical as well as magical conditions much harder for unprepered person(vision is not requirement for magic but makes manipulation a lot easier), due to contrast manipulation might be easier as well as within it she to some degree might be able to deny opponents magic ... For example miyuki out of control frost things around and later on her magic interference released to limits creates such frozen domain capable of negating opponents magic ...

By all means Maya should know about his abilities and yet tried to measure them bt trying to overpower him. While she says that her magic have bad affinity with decomposition it still should hold true to all systematic magic...

logic of rock paper scissors makes me rofl ... you would have to consider further cases of paper-rock(at the same time) or double rock and of course we cant forget about spock !!

Last edited by Oxide; 2013-06-20 at 04:51.
Old 2013-06-20, 05:01   Link #5012
bludvein

Quote:
i had a hard time imagine her magic.
so you mean she created a completely dark area then shooting the light ?
even in the open field she can create darkness ?
Her magic condenses all the light in the area into rays that goes from point A to B. The darkness is a helpful side effect of concentrating the light. Outside the rays would be visible unless she added other magic to darken the area. Something that should be well within the realm of her capability as a magician that excels in light-based magic.

At least im pretty sure that's how it works.
Old 2013-06-20, 05:32   Link #5013
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
You know 'darkness' isn't a prerequisite. It's not like she needs to command all the light in an area, just enough to form her lines. Which are perfectly lethal regardless of whether they're nicely visible or not.
Quote:
Her magic condenses all the light in the area into rays that goes from point A to B. The darkness is a helpful side effect of concentrating the light. Outside the rays would be visible unless she added other magic to darken the area. Something that should be well within the realm of her capability as a magician that excels in light-based magic.

At least im pretty sure that's how it works.
okay i am wrong imagining her magic.

Quote:
Within that period of urgency, as if time had stopped,

The world turned to ‘Night’.

It was not mere darkness.

Floating within the darkness, shone a brilliant sea of stars.

The roof of the drawing room became a moonless, starlit night sky.

The stars flowed, becoming rays of light,

—And the scent of blood suddenly filled the room.
that line really makes my imagination gone wild.

from now on, I assume she can shoot lasers whenever she want
Old 2013-06-20, 06:04   Link #5014
Oxide

Quote:
okay i am wrong imagining her magic.
that line really makes my imagination gone wild.
from now on, I assume she can shoot lasers whenever she want
light have pretty wide spectrum ... UV light exist and have an effect(suntan ppl) and yet its invisible to the naked eye ... light frequnces dont exclude itself and concentration generaly strenghten effect
Old 2013-06-20, 06:35   Link #5015
CatRules
Shipper

I read the latest chapter of Mahouka's manga and this thought came to me.

"Is it possible that the reason Erika is so nice to Sayaka is because she saw her former self in Saya?"

P.S.
Spoiler for NICE picture:
Old 2013-06-20, 06:58   Link #5016
Ultragunner

OMFG LOL
that's genius!!! hahahaha
Old 2013-06-20, 08:13   Link #5017
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Hey Seitsuki, people say if you ask long enough, there will be somebody doing stuff for you. For free ,even.

It seems to be true:
(Wait!!! Let me say this before you die from heart attack:"die from excitement!!!")
Spoiler:
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-06-20, 08:20   Link #5018
Jettskie

Can someone pls. give me the site of the latest chapter of mahouka koukou no rettousei manga? I search it on 4 manga websites but I didn't find them. Thanks.
Old 2013-06-20, 08:27   Link #5019
vadvadindabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettskie View Post
Can someone pls. give me the site of the latest chapter of mahouka koukou no rettousei manga? I search it on 4 manga websites but I didn't find them. Thanks.
Mangaholic does Mahouka manga, last update is from two weeks ago
Old 2013-06-20, 08:39   Link #5020
Jettskie

Thanks for the reply
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings