AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-02, 20:48   Link #281
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
What the hell is this Shonen Jack? Shouldn't it be Shonen Jump not "JACK".
Old 2010-11-02, 23:22   Link #282
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
What the hell is this Shonen Jack? Shouldn't it be Shonen Jump not "JACK".
This has been discussed for the past 20 pages...... I forgot where, but I believe the reason was because they're not allowed to advertise themselves or something on that specific channel because it's an educational channel or something, so for some reason Jump would not be allowed.

But yes, for our purposes, it IS shonen Jump, and in the manga, i believe it is jump as well, just for the anime, they HAD to change it to Jack.

Can we stop bring this topic up? Please??
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 23:58   Link #283
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
^ Thank you for clarifying my inquiry. I was too lazy to back read. Wait, it's still 15 pages.
Old 2010-11-03, 00:48   Link #284
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
^ Thank you for clarifying my inquiry. I was too lazy to back read. Wait, it's still 15 pages.
I apologize if I sounded too "frustrated", i've had a longggg day...

Back on to topic, I'm really interested to see how much of the "manga" they wrote will be revealed to us. I mean, we got the preliminary idea/concept of their story, but we aren't told much. It would be pretty cool if they could narrate us some of the plot as the editor looks through it. Though I doubt that's how it is written, because it must be pretty hard on the mangakas of Bakuman to flush out some of these stories if they have to do a ton of em. Oh well, eiher way, Bakuman has been pretty fun to follow, despite being a little bit slow imo, but it's still keeps my interest. It's just very unique and I want to know more!
Old 2010-11-06, 12:31   Link #285
larethian

Spoiler for ep 6:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:14   Link #286
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep6. Good episode. I guess I'm hooked here.
Spoiler for ep6:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 21:16   Link #287
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Are things ever going to pick up its getting really boring
Old 2010-11-07, 18:28   Link #288
Kallen4life

I like it

wanna see that Nizuma Eiji more
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 21:33   Link #289
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

After the first few seconds of the manga inclusion, I was floored. That was one area that the anime could easily outshine the manga. Unfortunately, they expanded it just a little too much for me, and I got bored of it before it was done. If they had made it just a little bit shorter it would have been perfect.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 08:35   Link #290
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They expanded the Two Earths' story, nice! I hope they'll do the same for the future manga. Another thing I hope they'll show us is Miho working towards becoming a seiyuu, it would be very fitting for the anime. Hattori's voice was a bit different from what I expected, but it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Are things ever going to pick up its getting really boring
It'll get a lot more interesting in a few episodes (I say about 2 or 3).
Old 2010-11-08, 10:42   Link #291
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well now things are moving along. You knew they were going to get shot down to a degree with their first manuscript. Still the criticism wasn't bad and should help them moving forward. Agree that Mashiro should make sure to add his opinion earlier. If there is anything up with the story it should be discussed before they go too far with it. Otherwise they are kind of just wasting their time.

Wow that seating arrangement at the end . Sure might be easier to get the mail info now, though with those two it's going to be tough. Wonder how their year is going to go with them being so nervous beside each other.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:46   Link #292
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well now things are moving along. You knew they were going to get shot down to a degree with their first manuscript. Still the criticism wasn't bad and should help them moving forward. Agree that Mashiro should make sure to add his opinion earlier. If there is anything up with the story it should be discussed before they go too far with it. Otherwise they are kind of just wasting their time.

Wow that seating arrangement at the end . Sure might be easier to get the mail info now, though with those two it's going to be tough. Wonder how their year is going to go with them being so nervous beside each other.
It's not easy taking criticism, and I'm sure Mashiro didn't want to be the one to criticize his story right off the bat. Letting the guy hear it himself from the editor, someone who really knows what he is talking about/is credible, will let him 'soften up' a bit or be more receptive to hearing feedback.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:58   Link #293
Vicious108

Finally an episode as good as the first two. I found the previous three to be way too slow moving, but things seem to have picked up now. The conversation with the Shounen JACK editor was quite interesting, though I can't help but laugh at his standards with all the crap I see serialized in Jump these days.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 16:53   Link #294
Xagzan

You'll notice how the majority of series, as Hattori's captain pointed out, don't last long though.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 23:07   Link #295
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
It's not easy taking criticism, and I'm sure Mashiro didn't want to be the one to criticize his story right off the bat. Letting the guy hear it himself from the editor, someone who really knows what he is talking about/is credible, will let him 'soften up' a bit or be more receptive to hearing feedback.
That's true for most people, but Shujin recognizes that Mashiro knows more about manga than he does. Shujin also seems to value Mashiro's opinion a great deal.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 13:46   Link #296
kitten320

Duno, the idea about two earths seems interesting but at the same time the over all idea of rebelion and stuff is really cliche, especially with returned lover like nothing happened. Maybe if it had more details and all it would be better but like that I found it slightly MEH...

And come on you two! Stop blushing at each other and acting like little kids! I guess I'll never understand this kind of lover birds, they really annoy me. Actually their whole idea of "We won't talk for god knows how long but we will merry once we will reach our dreams..." what kind of bull shit is that? How can you merry someone when you don't even talk to each other and can't even act natural with each other?!

I really hope that they will figure it out, so far their romance just ruins series for me.
Old 2010-11-09, 14:02   Link #297
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I found it slightly MEH...
That's kind of the point,they're 14 year olds writing their first manga,it'd be quite something if they came up with a masterpiece right away
Old 2010-11-09, 14:09   Link #298
kitten320

Yeh that's true.
Old 2010-11-09, 14:30   Link #299
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I was soooo looking forward to animated manuscripts...a real letdown that they decided to have a freaking slideshow in an anime. I'm an avid manga reader, so it doesn't bother me as much, but I gather the majority of anime-only viewers will get bored of this quickly...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 15:00   Link #300
kitten320

It actually would feel weird for me if they howed animatrd version. Besides we wouldn't be able to see how well he draws if they animated the thing.

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen