AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 166 75.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 4.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.73%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-25, 17:32   Link #61
sirn
田舎者言うな

This is one of few moments I'm glad Oishi was not involved; otherwise we'd get a live-action toothbrush scene instead of this.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 17:32   Link #62
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felekin View Post
Out of curiosity, can it actually stimulate you if someone else brushes your teeth?
What I want to know is how many people are going to try it out now just to see if it's true or not?

(I suppose that anything can be made to be erotic between the right people and in the right context, and people can be extra-sensitive to touch in the first place, so it seems plausible anyway... )

P.S. To add to what I said before, one of the hilarious touches was right at the end when they decide to go for a second round, the music starts up again, and it's like they're being drawn to each other like puppets on strings. The very image of "it's so wrong but it feels so right".
Old 2012-02-25, 17:43   Link #63
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Ah. Lovely. I don't know if it's just a translation thing or my perverted imagination.
nope. she really did say that. even i did not believe at first (i was not even expecting the 'i'm really in love afterall' in the first half of the episode) but its the truth.

btw i'm reading that oral hygiene brother report....it seems that toothbrush really does work as a aphrosidiac....
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 17:44   Link #64
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Btw, is this going to be a pattern now? First episode of Karen Bee doesn't have Karen and now she's taking over the first episode of Tsukihi Roadrunner, will Tsukihi dominate the first episode of the new arc when the new season comes around as well?
That's always been the pattern since Bake. The first episode of Mayoi Snail was about Senjougahara, the first episode of Suruga Monkey was about Hachikuji, etc. It's how the series handles "here's how the character has moved on".

As for my own reaction... after all this hype about the toothbrush scene that I've been hearing for years now, this was actually somewhat tamer than I had imagined.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 17:55   Link #65
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Out of curiosity, can it actually stimulate you if someone else brushes your teeth?
Doesn't make much sense to me.
Dunno, my guess is that Nisiosin never went to a dentist.

*shivers from the memories*
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 17:58   Link #66
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Echoing other people thought, even now, I have no idea what I've just watched. Come to the think of it, Koyomi was stone calm with Nadeko episodes ago but got "healthy" this way? Errr?
I dunno, the whole thing was more or less alien to me (and that is coming from someone who is basically neutral about incest stuff).

Past the weird hilarious situation presented here, I'm however skeptical if they have that much spare time. I mean, they basically spend 20 minutes for a single scene which seems to have little relevancy to Tsukihi...
I mean, there are 4 episodes left, yet there is basically nothing that set any "problem" or given situation for Tsukihi so far, so having such scene taking a full episode doesn't sound exactly as the best choice, storytelling wise.

Not trying to be the party pooper, but the direction of nise is really getting way too much on the service side. Bake wasn't exempt of it, but was sort of "railed". Nise, OTOH, is taking quite its sweet time and indulge with more risqué stuff... oh well.
Old 2012-02-25, 18:06   Link #67
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That's always been the pattern since Bake. The first episode of Mayoi Snail was about Senjougahara, the first episode of Suruga Monkey was about Hachikuji, etc. It's how the series handles "here's how the character has moved on".

As for my own reaction... after all this hype about the toothbrush scene that I've been hearing for years now, this was actually somewhat tamer than I had imagined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
That's the pattern of the first season. Each heroine reppears again in the next story. Before Karen Bee there was Koyomi Vamp, so we had Shinobu there.
Yeah, now that I looked at it again I guess you two are right. Well, at least Tsukihi will get the spotlight next episode, though I wonder how much can she has considering that there's only a few episodes left...
Old 2012-02-25, 18:21   Link #68
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
OK, during the fourth time I was watching the episode... did Koyomi say that Tsukihi is immortal (不死身 -> undying/indestructible) just like that in the beginning of her "phoenix" arc... WTF
Yes, it was told right in the preface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuAyu View Post
and if Koyomi thinks Hanekawa is the best woman out there than he should date her. i'm really disappointed. poor Senjougahara ._.
We know Hanekawa has the best body. She is the real thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Past the weird hilarious situation presented here, I'm however skeptical if they have that much spare time. I mean, they basically spend 20 minutes for a single scene which seems to have little relevancy to Tsukihi...
Not a problem. This chapter was 50 pages long, page-wise we are going at a normal pace. It's just that there had to be some Karen in the beginning.
Quote:
I mean, there are 4 episodes left
3. They announced 11 episodes. But at this point I am sure there will be web episodes like the other time. I just hope we don't have to wait so much like the other time.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 18:32   Link #69
HandofFate

I think I would rather brush tsukihi's teeth.
Old 2012-02-25, 18:39   Link #70
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ if we get to pick, i'd go with Karen's original thought of how Koyomi was planning to use that toothbrush

As for the coming web-episodes/OVA or whatever, on hand it sucks because of the waiting, but on the other, the best episodes of Bakemonogatari were in this form... still I hope that they will announce a split season to end Nise- along with Neko-/Kuro to end the first Monogatari Series

By the way does anyone remember when the web broadcast was announced for Bake-... I remember that it was very early, but not really sure

@AyuAyu+Shikijin: Tsubasa does not only have the best body, but also the most complex personality
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:01   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
By the way does anyone remember when the web broadcast was announced for Bake-... I remember that it was very early, but not really sure
It was revealed in the first half of the second month of broadcast. That said, based on the fact they've done this once before, they may figure it needs less notice/explanation this time.

In any event, as was discussed in the General Thread, we can only wait and see. As for the pacing of this episode and the show on the whole... I have to go back to what I said before in that it seems like we just have to get used to it, as the source material itself changed the pacing of the story. Last season: 5 arcs in 15 episodes. This season: 2 arcs in 11+ episodes. It's fundamentally different as far as pacing goes. I think the transition is a bit odd, but I'm getting used to it. (Then again, I've always found the pacing of a lot of shows these days to be too quick.)
Old 2012-02-25, 19:03   Link #72
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
@AyuAyu+Shikijin: Tsubasa does not only have the best body, but also the most complex personality
But she gave up on Koyomi and for that and her change of character in comparison to Kizu and Neko well I don't like the current one but former Hanekawa .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:03   Link #73
Malkuth
Banned

@relentlessflame: Well I can still hope for a Tsubasa Family announcement

@Wilfriback: Tsubasa gave up on Koyomi oh well, he wasn't good enough for her to begin with... plus I can fantasize more about her travelling adventures in pixiv

By the way, I just realized... after her arc doesn't the series qualify as NTR thanks to Karen

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-02-25 at 19:06. Reason: refs
Old 2012-02-25, 19:11   Link #74
leorodri100

Quote:
By the way, I just realized... after her arc doesn't the series qualify as NTR thanks to Karen
you could say that but if so...i really fricking enjoy this NTR
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:12   Link #75
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
@Wilfriback: Tsubasa gave up on Koyomi oh well, he wasn't good enough for her to begin with... plus I can fantasize more about her travelling adventures in pixiv
Well, IMO is more about the change on his personality that made me less interested on her.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:14   Link #76
Somnus
Eh?

I haven't read the comments yet, but here's mine.

I don't quite know what I just watched, but it was FANTASTIC.

EDIT: Now I've read through the comments, and I completely agree. This episode is going down in history for sure. As a testament to that I damn well know for sure I'm never going to forget it.

Also, toothbrush scene aside (not really), Karen is now my favourite character. My jaw was on the floor the minute Koyomi turned around and it showed what she was wearing. I think the image change overwhelmed my rationality and broke my ranking system, followed by those glorious scenes that crushed any attempt I made to repair it.

Last edited by Somnus; 2012-02-25 at 19:46.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:15   Link #77
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

speechless
Old 2012-02-25, 19:21   Link #78
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, IMO is more about the change on his personality that made me less interested on her.
I sense massive spoilers coming... PM please
Old 2012-02-25, 19:42   Link #79
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I bet this is the only place on the Internet I can post this kind of picture and be swiftly understood by everyone.

Spoiler for nise 8:

The episode was... uh... err... good... I suppose? I mean, I didn't dislike it, but they haven't actually shown anything besides brother/sister skinshipcest in these 25 minutes, have they? With just 3 episodes left, I'm kind of worried...

Oh, and Tsukihi's reaction was superb.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:45   Link #80
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*shivers* ... *gulps*

... *stares warily at my toothbrush* ...

if she complains about needing batteries again, I have the alternative... ...

~*~

... Karen has officially fallen for her 'little' big brother... oh, the doujins are going churn out after this one...XD

~*~

On another note, I adore the Looney Tunes reference when Tsu-chan took off for the store, complete with running through the walls and everything. XDD So funny how both of them are scared shitless of Tsu-chan. XD