AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 14:40   Link #21
Vocah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Animation-wise, this is what I expected of Madhouse. Think I'll just delete Mahou Sensou from my memory.

That being said, I'm not sure how I felt about them seeming to indicate Tatsuya running using personal acceleration magic. Wasn't he supposed to be able to run that fast through purely physical skills?

Character-design wise, I think they made Morisaki and Hattori look too young.
No they got that right, he was using magic there.
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 14:41   Link #22
Echizen777

Quote:
That being said, I'm not sure how I felt about them seeming to indicate Tatsuya running using personal acceleration magic. Wasn't he supposed to be able to run that fast through purely physical skills?
It was in the LN, that's part of their training.

EDIT: Ninjaed.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 14:42   Link #23
anonfr

Quote:
Animation-wise, this is what I expected of Madhouse. Think I'll just delete Mahou Sensou from my memory.

Also, a little surprised Tatsuya seemed so willing to step in with magic during the argument at the end.

I feel like you saying it's decent is high praise.

Morisaki looks weird. Like, not how I think Morisaki is supposed to look like. I'm actually kind of happy about it. To me it says "Well we have everyone else how they're supposed to be. But not this guy. Fuck this guy and his side story."

Madhouse doesn't like Morisaki either, yay.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 14:48   Link #24
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:

Also, a little surprised Tatsuya seemed so willing to step in with magic during the argument at the end.

Tatsuya was using ninjutsu; but wierd because i thought Tatsuya's personal speed magic is faster than that. Lets see in the next episode where he fights Hattori. If hes physical speed is really fast as we all think.

Yea by Tatsuya's expression he was willing to fight but Erika came first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I feel like you saying it's decent is high praise.

Morisaki looks weird. Like, not how I think Morisaki is supposed to look like. I'm actually kind of happy about it. To me it says "Well we have everyone else how they're supposed to be. But not this guy. Fuck this guy and his side story."

Madhouse doesn't like Morisaki either, yay.
Haha...we can see clearly the hate for d-bag....i wish they made Hattori look more mature....Masaki look like an HD version of Suzaku showing he's really bishie

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 14:48   Link #25
Konja7

Quote:
If I am not mistaken the situation is similar in the novel. Tatsuya was also using acceleration magic to run faster.

Last edited by Konja7; 2014-04-05 at 19:02.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 15:15   Link #26
BW95
Banned

Quote:

That actually happened. When he was going to the dojo with Miyuki, both of them were using magic. His fight with Hattori was the first time he demonstrated his high speed.

A more interesting note is how Kokonoe used magic during the fight. I'm pretty sure he only used martial arts in the novel.

By the way, did anyone else think the cut scenes underplayed the snobbishness of the blooms?

Last edited by BW95; 2014-04-05 at 15:34.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 15:41   Link #27
nosaer

Tatsuya does run using Magic to Yakumo's temple in the LN so that part was pretty accurate. It does look slow, but when compared to the speed of the oncoming car you can see that he is moving at a decent speed. In his match with hattori, he only had to cover a few meters, not kilometers so magic wasn't necessary lol.

I thought the first episode was done really well and does a better job of teasing what is to come than the 1st chapter of the LN. There were a few minor differences, but nothing major. The Mayumi shipper in me is slightly disappointed in her reduced screen time though lol.

I'm really looking forward to watching more of this.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 15:55   Link #28
HandofFate

Much smoother adaptation than I expected so far with episode 1, way better than the disaster of mahou sensou last season... *shivers*

But then again, these first two volumes is easy cake, they're very straightforward and they have to be trying to do a bad adaptation on purpose to mess this first volume or two up.
Old 2014-04-05, 15:57   Link #29
pampz21
ShipCore

Did anyone notice that most female wears lipstick in this anime?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 15:58   Link #30
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Tatsuya does run using Magic to Yakumo's temple in the LN so that part was pretty accurate. It does look slow, but when compared to the speed of the oncoming car you can see that he is moving at a decent speed. In his match with hattori, he only had to cover a few meters, not kilometers so magic wasn't necessary lol.

I thought the first episode was done really well and does a better job of teasing what is to come than the 1st chapter of the LN. There were a few minor differences, but nothing major. The Mayumi shipper in me is slightly disappointed in her reduced screen time though lol.

I'm really looking forward to watching more of this.
About Mayumi, did anyone else feel that she was more softspoken than in the novel?
Old 2014-04-05, 16:42   Link #31
whsie

I genuinely enjoyed it. It's about as good as a novel adaption as I could expect. I can't say the same for SAO or Campione, both of whom were far inferior to the source.

The magic sequences, fights, and sniping scene were all really, really good.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:55   Link #32
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Did anyone notice that most female wears lipstick in this anime?
I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
About Mayumi, did anyone else feel that she was more softspoken than in the novel?
I did. I imagined her to sound more flirty.

Still, this anime is very visually pleasing so far. Tatsuya's dojo scene was awesome.

Even though I have all those scene's practically memorized, I still wanted Tatsuya to kick Morisaki in the face after that.

It's really nice being able to stay hyped about something even when you know everything that's going to happen.
Old 2014-04-05, 17:00   Link #33
nosaer

Quote:
I didn't think she was really more softspoken than the LN. She's supposed to be soft spoken being the ojou of the Saegusa family. But because her scenes were slightly shorter than the LN, you don't get a chance to see her teasing nature. at least not yet.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 17:12   Link #34
Guest2

Quote:
That actually happened. When he was going to the dojo with Miyuki, both of them were using magic. His fight with Hattori was the first time he demonstrated his high speed.

A more interesting note is how Kokonoe used magic during the fight. I'm pretty sure he only used martial arts in the novel.
More importantly, Tatsuya is bad at using magic and HAS to use physical techniques in matches when he doesn't have a CAD loaded with speed magics. When he's only with his sister he can cheat using Flash Cast.

We don't get the details of the fight in the novel, but his master did admit in the novel & anime he can't match Tatsuya's taijutsu. He makes a statement he faced Tatsuya in an arena he is dominant in, but it wasn't clear what specifically. It could be inferred he had an edge in experience, close combat magic or both combined.

Quote:
By the way, did anyone else think the cut scenes underplayed the snobbishness of the blooms?
I'm sure Hattori, Morisaki and the annoying Morals Committee member will more than make up for it in the later episodes.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 17:34   Link #35
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
I didn't think she was really more softspoken than the LN. She's supposed to be soft spoken being the ojou of the Saegusa family. But because her scenes were slightly shorter than the LN, you don't get a chance to see her teasing nature. at least not yet.
Her character seemed stronger in the novel and she was way more mischievous in the novel. In the anime, she always had this serene expression on her face whereas in the novel she was more prone to cute smiles, winks, and pouts.
Old 2014-04-05, 17:52   Link #36
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Her character seemed stronger in the novel and she was way more mischievous in the novel. In the anime, she always had this serene expression on her face whereas in the novel she was more prone to cute smiles, winks, and pouts.
Yeah, she was way more upbeat and spunky in the LN, but as it was mentioned her parts were cut short, but hopefully we'll see more of that later.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 17:54   Link #37
Lazy cat

^
thats rigth i won't forgive madhouse if they cut all mayumi best moments.

good point to the anime, they won't have the author stopping all the moment to tell us how badass is tats and how beutifull is miyuki.
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:02   Link #38
anonfr

Quote:
You know I guess it's worth mention that Mayumi wasn't all flirty and mischievous at first. At her very first appearances she's all prim and proper, and then after joining the student council is when she starts to show her real self.
Old 2014-04-05, 18:09   Link #39
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
You know I guess it's worth mention that Mayumi wasn't all flirty and mischievous at first. At her very first appearances she's all prim and proper, and then after joining the student council is when she starts to show her real self.
Yeah, but in the LN she got all excited when she found out Tatsuya's name because she recognized him as the guy who got the top score in theory.
Old 2014-04-05, 18:10   Link #40
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Yeah, she was way more upbeat and spunky in the LN, but as it was mentioned her parts were cut short, but hopefully we'll see more of that later.
I was under the impression that she was soft-spoken at the beginning, but got more upbeat after we get to see more of her as the story progressed.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote