Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 15:00   Link #1621
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
Even if Aoki comes to his senses regarding Boin, I still believe it would come down to two routes:

1. Accept reality, and the fact that he is aging. Settle down with Boin and start family.
2. Forget reality, and pursue love, although forbidden and highly taboo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Rin is 20, Aoki will be...in his mid-late 30's? On second thought, that is actually not that taboo in (at least) American society...

Plus there is always the possibility that Aoki can move up to middle school teaching, highschool, college...

What would you do? >:-P

edit: inb4 pedo for rationalizing this

Didn't you guys know that a girl in Japan can marry as soon as she reaches sixteen? (Though in Rin's case, she might have to wait til she's twenty because Reji will never agree to Aoki being the groom)
It doesn't matter how old the man is....as long as he's over eighteen.
I researched Japan's marriage laws

*totally Team Rin*
Old 2011-07-04, 15:00   Link #1622
User68604
Disabled By Request

lol

aoki gets rin
reiji gets usa
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 10:12   Link #1623
Shadow5YA

Quote:
lol

aoki gets rin
reiji gets usa
If only. Recently there hasn't been any development between Reiji and Usa at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 09:55   Link #1624
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Chapter 74:
That feeling you can't lay a hand on the one you love.
HNNNNNNNNGGGG.
And Aoki almost got a "Would you please take a seat over there?" moment.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:04   Link #1625
User68604
Disabled By Request

lol'd at daisuke asking the cop to protect him from reiji
Old 2011-07-23, 11:16   Link #1626
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Great chapter, I like how Reiji is a bit of a tsundere towards Aoki now

Anyway, is it just me or is Rin getting sexier and sexier?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 12:24   Link #1627
amasposu

Chapter 74.

Spoiler for 74:
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:33   Link #1628
typhonsentra

I always feel bad for Houin and how she just turned into a comic relief character.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:45   Link #1629
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by posutan View Post
Chapter 74.

Spoiler for 74:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-23, 17:18   Link #1630
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Spoiler:
I don't remember which chapter, but way back Rin wanted a kiss from Aoki. She had her eyes closed, so Aoki thought he chicken out of it by placing his finger on her lips instead. Before this chapter Rin acted overjoyed as if she fell for Aoki's trick, but this chapter reveals that she knew all along.
Old 2011-07-23, 21:32   Link #1631
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't remember which chapter, but way back Rin wanted a kiss from Aoki. She had her eyes closed, so Aoki thought he chicken out of it by placing his finger on her lips instead. Before this chapter Rin acted overjoyed as if she fell for Aoki's trick, but this chapter reveals that she knew all along.
oh .. then that makes the last line of the chapter so sad :x
Old 2011-07-23, 21:47   Link #1632
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
it's not that she knew, what the chapter is showing is that when Reiji put his finger on her lip it reminded her of the feeling and made her realize that it was what Aoki did. So chances are she's going to confront him about it next chapter.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 21:51   Link #1633
User68604
Disabled By Request

its kinda funny how she cares so much about a kiss when:

shes already kissed him
shes already touched his d*ck
shes already kissed his d*ck

he has seen her naked
etc
etc
etc
.. lol

girls.. /rolleyes
Old 2011-07-23, 23:38   Link #1634
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:

shes already kissed him

he has seen her naked
etc
etc
etc
.. lol

girls.. /rolleyes
[opinion]
Key part is she did this, she did that. But what has he done. Its hard to pour your heart out to the one you love and not get any love back... for years. We as readers know that aoki loves rin, whether as a father or as a lover, he loves her (she tugged on his heart strings this chapter)... does she know that tho?. He has never once verbalised to rin his true emotions for rin. At least not in a way that rin could say, oh okay he loves me, even if its half as much as I love him.

The reasons for this could be many... he is a filthy virgin that could not read the mood in a room to save his life (or he would be dating boin-sensei now). But instead of looking at rin as a little aggressive nymphet, lets take age out of the picture and she is a character that is experiencing unrequited love and is fine with that as long as her interest knows her feelings. And at the end of the chapter it was shown that she feels that aoki would never return her love... in fact she outright stated it.

So anyways I wrote all that to say, I think its not really caring about a kiss , but rather her feeling upset that no matter what method she uses, she can not get him to return her love.

Love cannot always make the leap from heart to heart by itself, sometimes you must speak it aloud and give it wings
-Princess Nyna from Fire Emblem 1
[/opinion]

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 01:21   Link #1635
Shadow5YA

Quote:

shes already kissed him

he has seen her naked
etc
etc
etc
.. lol

girls.. /rolleyes
Some people get discouraged when their love is unrequited. As far as Rin knows, she thinks she has failed to get close to Aoki.
Old 2011-07-24, 07:37   Link #1636
User68604
Disabled By Request

from how i see it, daisuke has done as much as he can (already) to demonstrate that rin isnt just some "student" like kagami/usa/etc- hes gone above and beyond for her

theres not much more he can do, (morality/criminal reasons involved) - at least until rin's 16 :P

otoh, i see ur point (and rin's pov). as perspective as she is, shes in love, so she obviously wants her feelings reciprocated - unfortunately she just has to be patient..........
Old 2011-07-24, 15:40   Link #1637
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
This chapter was fantastic!! Couple of laugh-out-loud funny moments.

Spoiler:

I have to use a phrase I really haven't used much since my teen "Japanophile" years:

かわーいいいいいいい!!

And LOL at Rin taking that photo.
Old 2011-07-24, 16:29   Link #1638
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
theres not much more he can do, (morality/criminal reasons involved) - at least until rin's 16 :P
He could stand to do a bit less, for that matter. Almost getting vanned was quite careless of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I always feel bad for Houin and how she just turned into a comic relief character.
Poor Houin will only find happiness at probability of a quadrillion to one.
Old 2011-07-24, 16:55   Link #1639
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
[opinion]
Key part is she did this, she did that. But what has he done. Its hard to pour your heart out to the one you love and not get any love back... for years. We as readers know that aoki loves rin, whether as a father or as a lover, he loves her (she tugged on his heart strings this chapter)... does she know that tho?. He has never once verbalised to rin his true emotions for rin. At least not in a way that rin could say, oh okay he loves me, even if its half as much as I love him.

The reasons for this could be many... he is a filthy virgin that could not read the mood in a room to save his life (or he would be dating boin-sensei now). But instead of looking at rin as a little aggressive nymphet, lets take age out of the picture and she is a character that is experiencing unrequited love and is fine with that as long as her interest knows her feelings. And at the end of the chapter it was shown that she feels that aoki would never return her love... in fact she outright stated it.

So anyways I wrote all that to say, I think its not really caring about a kiss , but rather her feeling upset that no matter what method she uses, she can not get him to return her love.

Love cannot always make the leap from heart to heart by itself, sometimes you must speak it aloud and give it wings
-Princess Nyna from Fire Emblem 1
[/opinion]
I think he's handling it perfectly. Even if one would ignore that he's a teacher. He's still an adult and acting the best as he can as an adult...

We see how Rin acts even without him showing her that he has any sort of feelings toward her. Can you imagine how she would act if he did? She'd be all over him like flies on shit...

Also I second the Houin being made into a comedy relief character. Those awesome boobies are all for naught...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 02:47   Link #1640
henwy

I think it's sorta sad that the rin-daisuke ending is almost the only way things can go at this point. It's been inching ever closer to that of sorts and I know I had a wtf moment when daisuke seemed to say that his love for Rin was moving out of the purely parental zone. If this was a Venn diagram, it's pretty clear he's just on the edge and about to leave the safety of the overlap. I'm sure that's the ending a lot of readers want given the lolilicious nature of the manga to begin with, but I would have been far happier if Daisuke had stuck to his guns. Why is it in so many manga and anime that any parental love by an older male figure automatically has to change to something romantic? I just finished reading Usagi Drop and Honey and Clover back to back and both featured the exact same thing. It's almost like the culture seems to be saying that there can never be a pure parental love between two people unless they are biologically father and daughter. In any other form, it always seems to slide into something else and that's sort of sad IMO.

Oh well. Maybe I'll be wrong and daisuke will end up with houin and be a friend/parental support to rin for life. It's unlikely the way it's going though and even if it would make me happy, I can hear the lolicons howling their disapproval already.
henwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen