AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 281 74.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 17.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.27%
Voters: 377. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-04, 02:57   Link #141
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yes, the cat did talk.

The reason lies in the making of the Mikurun run movie and Haruhi.
Old 2006-07-04, 03:28   Link #142
hi-hi

Lyrics of God knows... fits so greatly with this ep.

and so does Lost my Music for that matter o.o
Old 2006-07-04, 03:35   Link #143
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

great ep and ending.

alhtough...it still makes me wonder why and how haruhi starts to like kyon. tehres only that simple line that she said at the start, 'have i seen you before'. it seems as though he knew her before and she already liked him in the past. maybe we shall see that in the sequal(hopefully)
Old 2006-07-04, 03:57   Link #144
j4m3sb0nd
Data Entity Initiate

Great episode, full of emotion.

Great post by The Sphinx! Analyses it very well!
Old 2006-07-04, 05:09   Link #145
Schacko

A true and nice ending for such a good show :3

I lol'ed so hard at the scene with Kyon and his sis at teeth cleaning - like asuka and shinji on eva (before the syncron attack), even the "zoom-in" at kyon was the same like shinji

Last edited by Schacko; 2006-07-04 at 05:23.
Old 2006-07-04, 05:52   Link #146
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx
Great point.

Perhaps that, with the last part, that maybe this was the change for that world. But as to if it was to who that forced that change, don't know. Well, if forced actually...

Spoiler for about the closed space/new dimension ending:
Old 2006-07-04, 07:21   Link #147
M.D. Geist

just wonderfull (first?) ending of an awesome series!

although the kiss scene could have been a bit bigger ^^
Old 2006-07-04, 08:29   Link #148
Knavinusa

Quote:
"I don't get it. Weren't you fed up with that boring world? Didn't you want something more interesting to happen?" She looks like a kicked puppy. The most astounding part of this is... When has Kyon ever told her that he was bored with the old world? When has she ever said her goal was to make Kyon happy? I thought Haruhi was supposed to be the bored one! Isn't she a megalomaniac? Yet everything in her words and mannerisms here say she was trying to do this for Kyon, not herself!
Very good analysis. I missed that one too going through the episode for the first time. Now that I think about it, at no point in time up to (chronological) episode 6 has either of them shown such strong emotions towards each other. Yes, it is obvious that the two of them like each other -- even if neither of them can decide how to feel about it -- but they definitely do not want to say it out loud.

On a side note, you can surely see that Haruhi treats Kyon differently from all the others. She didn't want to change in the classroom as it was apparently hot (but I think we know that is not the reason ), and she also kicked Kyon out when she was changing inside the clubroom. If you go back to Lone Island Syndrome, to that scene when she was planning to change in the cave out of her wet clothing, she suddenly decided against it because Kyon was there. After this episode, this makes a lot more sense.
Old 2006-07-04, 08:38   Link #149
ECFNW

Great episode and a great ending. Better than the "official ep.14" ending I'd say.
If they don't give us a 2nd season, than they should at least give us a DVD special or something.
Old 2006-07-04, 08:46   Link #150
M.D. Geist

Quote:
Even more stunning is Kyon's response at 17:20: "I did indeed [want something interesting to happen]." This is completely against everything Kyon's told us to this point...
Objection!

Very first episode. Kyons first monologe...

So maybe his attitude changed, or (due to Haruhi) he reenjoyed his earlier childish ideas, causing him to "demature" again

edit or in other words :
Haruhi opened his heart
Old 2006-07-04, 08:51   Link #151
LCeh

Quote:
"I don't get it. Weren't you fed up with that boring world? Didn't you want something more interesting to happen?" She looks like a kicked puppy. The most astounding part of this is... When has Kyon ever told her that he was bored with the old world? When has she ever said her goal was to make Kyon happy? I thought Haruhi was supposed to be the bored one! Isn't she a megalomaniac? Yet everything in her words and mannerisms here say she was trying to do this for Kyon, not herself!
Mmmm, I think it can go two ways. One would be your interpretation, the other one would be that she wasn't doing it for Kyon. She very simply could be saying this because she thought they had common goals, and now Kyon "backed out". So in a way, she wasn't doing it because of Kyon, but she expected Kyon to enjoy it with her. I am not sure how Haruhi knew that Kyon was always bored by his normal life, but it certainly seems like she knew.
Old 2006-07-04, 08:52   Link #152
Jaden

Very intense episode, though it isn't the ending I wished for.
When the closed space broke down I was like Noooo---!!
Haruhi, damnit, you wield the tapestry of creation, yet you are swayed by something like love?
Old 2006-07-04, 08:54   Link #153
Archaic

Hmmm....one thing I noticed that seems to have been missed in the translation by A.F.K, and in the episode summary....don't think anyone's yet mentioned it in this thread either.

When Haruhi suggests the "Queen" outfit for Mikuru, she doesn't literally mean dressing her up as a queen. The exact same word for Queen is used for something else in modern Japanese....something which makes a lot more sense in context. Basically....she was suggesting that they dress Mikuru up as a dominatrix.
Old 2006-07-04, 08:55   Link #154
Elefantbud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin
Does anyone know what song the ending theme for the fansub creditis?? It's so beautiful.
It's from the Ah My Goddess OST1 (Name: Koi Suru Kimochi). All of the songs on it rock, BTW. Each are very distinctive.
Old 2006-07-04, 09:03   Link #155
Knavinusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
Mmmm, I think it can go two ways. One would be your interpretation, the other one would be that she wasn't doing it for Kyon. She very simply could be saying this because she thought they had common goals, and now Kyon "backed out". So in a way, she wasn't doing it because of Kyon, but she expected Kyon to enjoy it with her. I am not sure how Haruhi knew that Kyon was always bored by his normal life, but it certainly seems like she knew.
That is actually rather interesting, from your point of view. How could Haruhi have known that Kyon shared common interests? Is it only because she assumes this because Kyon still decides to come to all the SOS-dan meetings, even though he finds her irritating, or did I miss something up to episode 6?
Old 2006-07-04, 09:24   Link #156
AniOta
英語解りません

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-04, 09:33   Link #157
Echostarter
Fate's Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Echostarter
GWAHHHH!!! I'm so curious to see morrrreeee... Sigh... Man I liked the development between kyon and haruhi so much. lol. So cute.

Dang... can't believe that was the last ep. I'll flip (in a good way) if there's like a second series or OVAs that will continue the story. But, if this is how it ends... then it's still good either way.
Old 2006-07-04, 09:55   Link #158
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

One very minor disappointment I just thought of is Shamisen (sp?) the cat. I was rather hoping (or expecting) some sort of information regarding him, like why there is a speaking cat, and what affiliation does it have with Yuki and the others. But alas, that short scene in the first episode is all we see.

Well, if there's a season 2, I hope we'll see more of the cool cat
Old 2006-07-04, 09:59   Link #159
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

lol nice one. the pic sort of reminds me, anyone noticed the constant change of eye color? I remember when the anime started it was orange, then slowly it became yellow/green. Lol. But i think the anime did a pretty good job in bringing out kinda a irony, that haruhi who originally was treating kyon like a slave, was actually now doing everything for him. I thought it was a nice irony.
Old 2006-07-04, 10:19   Link #160
Decel

Great ep, and nice ending to it. Deserves a 10. I really liked the effect when the closed space dissapeared. Kyon's sister is so damn cute!