AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-10-20, 16:49   Link #21
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
Well in Luffy's awakening situation, he is most likely gonna pinball someone to death in a rubber shaped inescapable room with enemy ricocheting back to Luffy's attacks.
I like the idea, but since it's so obvious, I highly doubt it will be like that. After the oddness of Gear 4th, I get the feeling that Luffy's Awakening will be pretty unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I think Akainu already demonstrate awakening Logia by cutting through the underground during Marineford War to stop Luffy and Jinbe from escaping Marineford.

Punk Hazard already shows both Akainu and Aokiji's awakening though through two islands that are separated. One side is permanent winter and one side is permanent volcano eruption.
I think that's a pretty good call. So far, all we know about Awakening is that it turns the environment into the DF power. It might end up being more than that, but that's it as far as I know. And it does seem to me that Akainu and Aokiji turned those islands into their DF powers. It also makes sense that they couldn't use that power at MF.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 17:30   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
So far, all we know about Awakening is that it turns the environment into the DF power.

But again, that doesn't apply to awakened Zoans (which, again, was the DF class that introduced the "awakening" concept in the first place). Maybe awakened Paramecia (and possibly Logia) powers can affect the environment, but that certainly hasn't been the case with Zoans (though maybe mythical-types like Marco's and Sengoku's could be an exception, gotta wait and see on that one).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 18:13   Link #23
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I honestly haven't been very impressed with this awakening angle Oda is going down, it just doesn't seem very necessary. Like others have said, I do hope that Luffy's inevitable awakening is more that just a rubber ground/pinball style attacks.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 18:53   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think awakening is Oda's way of going back to the basics of the series and making Devil Fruits just as if not more relevant than Haki. I have nothing against Haki, but the abilities it grants you, while cool, aren't very exciting, Devil Fruits abilities have far more potential for original and creative fights and awakening takes this one step further.
Old 2017-10-20, 19:46   Link #25
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But again, that doesn't apply to awakened Zoans (which, again, was the DF class that introduced the "awakening" concept in the first place). Maybe awakened Paramecia (and possibly Logia) powers can affect the environment, but that certainly hasn't been the case with Zoans (though maybe mythical-types like Marco's and Sengoku's could be an exception, gotta wait and see on that one).
It's funny, I just read your earlier post and then instantly forgot about it... I think it slips my mind because I dont really like the Awakened Zoans we saw. They weren't very powerful and I don't really see the point of it. Like you mentioned, I hope Oda takes the more powerful Zoans in a different direction going forward. I'm sure there will be a few Awakened Zoans in Kaidou's army before we get to Kaidou himself.
Old 2017-10-20, 22:32   Link #26
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Zoan huh? I remember Marco also awakened as well i think. He can absorb fire and regenerate in short time even Kizaru's Yasakani no Magatama didn't work against him. It makes sense if Marco can rejuvenate quickly and able to absorb the attack. There's no way 1st Commander of Shirohige Pirate was not awakened.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 10:29   Link #27
Kaz_

Fun part is, that Awakening renders Paramecia even more interesting compared to Logia, some can be insanely powerful like Senor Pink suddenly making everyone sunk into land, or Vander Decken targeting and removing the world from its orbit

What about Pudding, Mass mind control? Rosinante's silence? Some are really hard to predict.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 11:57   Link #28
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

if luffy's awakened power is to make everything into rubber so he can bounce around... wouldn't that be like that bellamy's spring attack where he does the same thing?
lol, the one where he got knocked out by one punch
Old 2017-10-21, 13:08   Link #29
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I still think Dogtooth will be training Luffy how to Awaken his DF after all is said and done here. Now that we have confirmation that his DF is indeed Awakened, we just need BM to eat Sanji's cooking and settle down. I get that they won't be best friends after all this, but BM is going to want some kind of deal to keep eating Sanji's cooking after she tastes it.
Dogtooth is a family man, through and through. There's no training here, Luffy is a threat period. There's no deals with BM man, you remember chapter 854? She was planning to kill everybody from the start.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 13:18   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
if luffy's awakened power is to make everything into rubber so he can bounce around... wouldn't that be like that bellamy's spring attack where he does the same thing?
lol, the one where he got knocked out by one punch
Yeah. Besides, can't Luffy already do this with Boundman, which makes him super bouncy?
Old 2017-10-22, 03:59   Link #31
The Small One

It's not about beeing bouncy himself. If he can turn the complete surroundings to rubber, he can bounce an enemy around by punching him just once and then doing nothing.
However this would be a bit boring. We will see what Oda has in mind for us.

BTW, I always thought that Paramecia Powers are much more useful, since in most cases they also work passively, while a Logia can only actively use his power, which makes them kinda weaker in case they are surprised. Awakening (at least for paramecia) seems like it needs to be triggered actively, which makes them a bit more like Logia. Basically it's like a Logia is a Paramecia which is awakened by default.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 14:17   Link #32
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Zoan huh? I remember Marco also awakened as well i think. He can absorb fire and regenerate in short time even Kizaru's Yasakani no Magatama didn't work against him. It makes sense if Marco can rejuvenate quickly and able to absorb the attack. There's no way 1st Commander of Shirohige Pirate was not awakened.
No marco was able to regenerate because he is a phoenix. The only known awakened Zoans were the jailers from impel down.

Though that does make me think that the conecpt of awakening is another rashly thought out idea since it would be odd that Marco didn't awaken his Zoan devil fruit. And then there are other characters like Whitebeard; was his devil fruit awakened or not?
Old 2017-10-23, 18:02   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think all the top tier warriors of the world have awakened their DF. In Whitebeard's case, perhaps he could only use his ability by directly touching the ground or whatever it was he wanted to use it on at first, and awakening his ability allowed him to create earthquakes out of thin air. Of course, the fact Blackbeard could do the same after stealing his fruit can of put a wrench in this theory, but maybe the very way he stole the fruit enabled him to access its full power from the start.
Old 2017-10-26, 14:33   Link #34
Theia_Loki

Didn't Crocodile utilize something similar to Awakening with his Suna Suna no Mi? If so, he might be a better source of exposition on the concept since Luffy would be at least partially more willing to listen to him than Katakuri, presently at least (especially since he helped with the rescue attempt of Ace and watched his back during the Whitebeard War).

I kind of doubt Katakuri would be so inclined to explain anything about the concept to Luffy due to being...well, enemies, presently.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 13:30   Link #35
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
Dogtooth is a family man, through and through. There's no training here, Luffy is a threat period. There's no deals with BM man, you remember chapter 854? She was planning to kill everybody from the start.
My point is that after BM eats Sanji's cooking, there is no way she is going to not want more of it. A deal has to be struck somehow. Or she has to die, but that seems pretty far off at this point barring a deus ex machina of another emperor.
Old 2017-11-01, 13:31   Link #36
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think all the top tier warriors of the world have awakened their DF.
IMHO first we have to know, if it even is possible for every DF to be awakened, or if only a subset of them have this additional power. It may very well be possible, that not every fruit has this possibility.

Though I really wonder, how the powers of the other crew members would look awakened. Chopper is a Zoan, so awakening will probably only give him additional stamina. But what about Brooke? Will he be able to revive other people from death?
Or Robin? Could the skill she used when she created a complete clone of herself already be her awakened form? And if not, what possibilities may there be for her?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 13:40   Link #37
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I think Chopper already does by exploiting into seven forms but i think his "Giant Form" now still lacks of control so i think Chopper need more development to awake.

In Robin's case, maybe under Dragon's supervision but we don't know what extent that Robin's DF can be awakened.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote