AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-09-01, 17:43   Link #21
Dr.Kureha

Hmmmm that could be interesting..........

Luffy and crew help ace defeat blackbreard and crew...hence...gettin in whitebeards good books, and a posible meeting of thanks or congradulations, which might also happen as shanks arrives to see WhiteB....BIG happy reunion !!!

Getting a little more back on topic why has that policeman from a totally different ocean nominating blackbeard to be a shickibukai???

How is he connected to blackbeard in the firstplace?
Dr.Kureha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 21:13   Link #22
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kureha
Getting a little more back on topic why has that policeman from a totally different ocean nominating blackbeard to be a shickibukai???

Well, he's a policeman who was exiled from west blue for being excessivly cruel... i probably should have tossed that in there =P

As for how he got together with blackbeard, who knows...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 00:37   Link #23
minimariam100

Send a message via AIM to minimariam100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kureha

I watched the episode recently, and when the shichibukai asked him who "Teach" was, Luffite said, " Thats the name of the captain of our pirate crew." no idea how they met though.

Just some FAQ on Luffite:

"He was a famous peacekeaper known throughout the West Blue.. but his extra violent tendicies caused him to be exiled."
minimariam100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 01:49   Link #24
sleroux
seigaku substitute

Luffite is really cool, thinkin of him sneakin into the probably best guarded place on earth, so easy, and kept his cool facing all those worlds most frightening persons...
he definitely have guts! or maybe he is good is enough to fight them!
Blackbeard and crew are definitely good enough to become Shichibukai, they seem a lot better then Crocodile and Baroque

Last edited by sleroux; 2006-09-02 at 16:35.
sleroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 16:54   Link #25
Dr.Kureha

Well that now makes blackbeard sound even more powerful and a better candidate for the shickibukai.
If Luffite has the balls or is strong enough just to turn up at the meeting at stand up to them, and he's worrking under blackbeard....that says even more for him.
Dr.Kureha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 07:16   Link #26
chitgoks

if he didnt look cool and calm, then they wouldnt even become possible candidates..
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 03:45   Link #27
cheese4u
da big boss

[manga]blackbeard's power[spoilers]

In recent chapters it's been discovered that the mark on Shank's eye was caused by Blackbeard. And I think it goes without saying thats not a scratch that a human would make. It seems to me that Blackbeard has some kind of zoan fruit power, and I'm willing to bet that his power turns him into a bear.

I don't know if this thread has been done or talked about before so please bear with me. (no pun intended...ok maybe just a little.)
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 04:02   Link #28
Slayerx

I did bring this up in one of the chapter threads, didn't go anywhere though...

And while Zoan is a definate possibility, i kinda just went with him using maybe a set of claws as weapons. Not only would metal claws seem stronger and sharper than animal claws, if the claws are made of seastone, it would help explain why a logia like Ace might loose against Blackbeard... sure we don't know how that fight went, but my money is on blackbeard.

grant it, i'm sure if claws are really blackbeards type of weapon... but also didn't picture a naginata for whitebeard either...

Though i won't rule out Zoan as a possibility... Even when blackbeard's ship was destroyed when the strawhats were going to skypeia, i don't think we ever got the chance to see if he could swim or not...
Old 2006-11-29, 07:18   Link #29
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
i can't imagine Ace losing to zoan type though .... what about him having a weapon with Df and he himself have Df ability ??
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 17:50   Link #30
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
It never was shown which members of Blackbeards could swim

but what kind of power all of them have...

sharpshooter that can hoot down birds flying far away.
champion that is very strong.
doctor that gives poisonous apples to strangers.
and this guy that went to marines to ask about shichibukai possition for blackbeard

what kind of power they can have?
Old 2006-11-29, 22:56   Link #31
^Shikamaru^

If Blackbeard did have a zoan fruit ability, the bear idea definitely would fit his persona.
There's no way Ace can win against Blackbeard, since it's obvious that Luffy will be fighting him in the next arc (the main characters always takes on the major villians). Blackbeard gave Shanks the scar way back when Luffy was still a kid, and when Shanks was dueling Mihawk, etc. I'm sure BB has gotten stronger over the years, to the extent where Gear 4 - 5 may need to invented (Don't the Gears look like DBZ - Goku's Kay-o-Kens?). It will be interesting if Blackbeard takes Ace as a hostage to lure Luffy, but I don't know if he knows their relation...

Matchup:

Blackbeard Vs Luffy
Sniper Vs SogeKing
Mime vs Sanji / Zoro (if Mime weapon is his stick and not his feet)
Wrestler vs Sanji
Docter / Horse Vs Chopper

Seem to be a shortage of villians in this one, too bad there aren't any more in Blackbead crew. Maybe Nami, Robin and Franky gets capture or something...
^Shikamaru^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 02:59   Link #32
chitgoks

yes it's a big possibility that blackbeard is a df user. i still doubt he could give shanks that scar, him being just a regular pirate (no df ability). he's got to have one to be able to give shanks that scar... i tell ya
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 11:33   Link #33
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Shikamaru^ View Post
If Blackbeard did have a zoan fruit ability, the bear idea definitely would fit his persona.
There's no way Ace can win against Blackbeard, since it's obvious that Luffy will be fighting him in the next arc (the main characters always takes on the major villians). Blackbeard gave Shanks the scar way back when Luffy was still a kid, and when Shanks was dueling Mihawk, etc. I'm sure BB has gotten stronger over the years, to the extent where Gear 4 - 5 may need to invented (Don't the Gears look like DBZ - Goku's Kay-o-Kens?). It will be interesting if Blackbeard takes Ace as a hostage to lure Luffy, but I don't know if he knows their relation...

Matchup:

Blackbeard Vs Luffy
Sniper Vs SogeKing
Wrestler vs Sanji

Seem to be a shortage of villians in this one, too bad there aren't any more in Blackbead crew. Maybe Nami, Robin and Franky gets capture or something...
Maybe Franky could fight the Wrestler
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 17:04   Link #34
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:

Matchup:

Blackbeard Vs Luffy
Sniper Vs SogeKing
Wrestler vs Sanji

Personally, I think its more likely that Luffy is going to be fighting Jimbei in the next arc. I know we're kinda caught in between two villains here, but I'm sure Luffy's going to fight Jimbei first and then Blackbeard.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 22:28   Link #35
matsuno

Fact is, if Blackbeard beat Ace, his entire ambition for targetting Luffy will be quenched. We saw his personality when he was first eintroduced, and he's not a total bad apple. So with that in mind, not beating Ace could mean a chase is on, with Smoker, Blackbeard and possibly Buggy all in the chase, leaving room to fight Jimbei or who ever is our badass in the coming arc. Otherwise, no Blackbeard in the race, and who ever is destined to be the next villain will be coming up.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 23:30   Link #36
^Shikamaru^

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
Fact is, if Blackbeard beat Ace, his entire ambition for targetting Luffy will be quenched. We saw his personality when he was first eintroduced, and he's not a total bad apple. So with that in mind, not beating Ace could mean a chase is on, with Smoker, Blackbeard and possibly Buggy all in the chase, leaving room to fight Jimbei or who ever is our badass in the coming arc. Otherwise, no Blackbeard in the race, and who ever is destined to be the next villain will be coming up.
I doubt Blackbeard is a good guy, like Shanks said, he was hiding behind WhiteBeard plotting to gain power, that sounds like a two-face character to me... besides you can't be good if you kill a Nakama.
^Shikamaru^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 23:57   Link #37
matsuno

being not a total bad aple doesnt make him a virtuoso either. At the same time though, he is not masterminding subversive actions against others, nor is he without a personal sence of morality.

He choose as his current Nakama surely some that share ideals with his own. The Doctor is a great person to point out in this case, as he is first introduced handing out apples to random people. Sure we know that they held the possibility to kill those that ate them, however he had normal apples available as well, meaning that he wasent trying to kill anyone, but just to test people. This may not be a normal process of thought, but it is a rather logical one. You want to find those who are fated to something big, you go to where those sorts will likely gather (Jaya was a Pirate haven), and you go about finding those in all sorts of unorthodox methods. Remember also, his captain needed to find someone to make a name for himself off of.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 10:31   Link #38
DrFuko

Quote:
I doubt Blackbeard is a good guy, like Shanks said, he was hiding behind WhiteBeard plotting to gain power, that sounds like a two-face character to me... besides you can't be good if you kill a Nakama.
Well, Whitebeard does not seem like a nice fellow either. Maybe, just maybe someone set Blackbeard up the bomb.

...in other words, we don't know what happened with that "killed nakama." We haven't heard Blackbeard's side of the story yet. Why would Blackbeard kill a nakama? What would have been the point of leaving Whitebeard? It is still too early to conclude anything with the information that we have.

Seriously guys, don't trust a guy with a Swastika in his flag. Can't have any more foreshadowing than that.
DrFuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 15:15   Link #39
IchiGin

Blackbeard is on of those real pirates we've been seeing. He's been going around and pillaging town and stuff. Was surprising that he gave Shanks the wound. Blackbeard doesn't strike me the type to be sporting a Logia fruit that can surpass Ace, but a Zoan wouldn't help him against Ace still.

I hope Luffy doesn't take on Jimbei yet, he's the Next Shicibukai member I'm dying to c. If Arlong was that physically strong, and Tom (hello, an enitre ship, far bigger than him!!), who really wasn't a fighter himself was so incredibly strong, u can imagine the strength of a Great White. he should be a later villian but we'll c.
IchiGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 21:57   Link #40
Slayerx

Quote:
Fact is, if Blackbeard beat Ace, his entire ambition for targetting Luffy will be quenched.
How so? If Blackbeard wants to become a shichibukai he's gonna need all the rep he can get... Defeating Luffy on top of beating Ace would only help his chances... not to mention some of Blackbeard actions went unnoticed, such as toppling Drum kingdom...

Quote:
Seriously guys, don't trust a guy with a Swastika in his flag. Can't have any more foreshadowing than that.
The symbol on Whitebeard's flag is a Manji, different apperence and meaning... mistaking it for a swastika is quite common... So common in fact that Oda seems to have changed Whitebeard's flag to a cross in order to break that assumption...