AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-30, 04:23   Link #26041
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
That Korean guy on the right looks like a SF trooper I worked with back when I was in the army - I remembered that no-nonsense badass look in shades made a female ranking officer squeak to her colleague, "Can I get this guy posted to my office?".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-30, 04:29   Link #26042
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I saw this and looked up at the thread title to make sure I wasn't in the "A Laugh a Day" thread.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:23   Link #26043
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think US isn't the only country who elected morons for their government :

Fury over 6.9 million population target for Singapore

Quote:
Singaporeans’ comments blasting the government came fast and furious after news broke Tuesday of its plan to allow for an increase in the city-state’s population to 6.9 million by 2030.

Coming amid an already rising wave of anti-foreigner sentiment following the influx of immigrants in recent years, a white paper released by the National Population and Talent Division on Tuesday said that Singaporeans were expected to make up little more than half or 55 per cent of the projected population.

Foreigners, who currently make up about two out of five people living in Singapore, have been blamed for the rising cost of living, stagnation of wages and crowding in public transport.

Singaporeans took it to online platforms to give voice to their rage over the government’s population plan. A Facebook group, Say No to an Overpopulated Singapore, was started on Monday and has since gotten 658 likes.

Hundreds of comments to articles regarding the population target were also overwhelmingly negative.

In one comment, Yahoo! reader Ah Lim said, “… Singapore is just a tiny island, it can never [sustain] such a huge population. Maintain a reasonable population and everyone can live in comfort. I do not wish to squeeze like hell wherever I go.”

Another reader Seasand123 said, "I would consider the mother of all policy blunders ever made by the ruling party is their open door policy and flooding this tiny nation with millions of foreigners."

Social activist and owner of unemployment support site Transitioning.org Gilbert Goh told Yahoo! Singapore that the population expansion plans shocked him.

“It will cause a lot of social tension between foreigners and Singaporeans. When there are so many people coming in, you have to get them jobs and housing, and these two things will affect Singaporeans a lot,” Goh said.

“We have to produce about half a million to 750,000 jobs to accommodate a population of about 6.9 million,” he added.

The former National Solidarity Party (NSP) member said he will be organising a protest at Speakers’ Corner at Hong Lim Park on 16 February.

“[People I spoke to] are disappointed with the government for not hearing them out. The majority of Singaporeans don’t want this expansion. The disappointment is that after the PAP’s loss in Punggol East, the government still went ahead to introduce unpopular policies,” Goh said.

Immigration policies were one of the hotly debated topics at the Punggol East by-election in early January.

In the same vein, Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) said the intention to raise the population to 7 million is "extremely worrying".

"There are no justifiable reasons for the PAP to raise the population by such a large number in such a short span of time. The population explosion will cause further economic, social and psychological stress for the people, as well as add to national security implications," said the SDP.
Population density of Tokyo as of 2011 is 6000/sq km. We hit 7315/sq km, and adding to 7 million more means it is ~9800/sq km.

I suggest we invade Johor for more living space.

Actually I was wondering if it is a joke because of the digits 69 involved....wait nevermind.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:24   Link #26044
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That Korean guy on the right looks like a SF trooper I worked with back when I was in the army - I remembered that no-nonsense badass look in shades made a female ranking officer squeak to her colleague, "Can I get this guy posted to my office?".
Something resembling what my beloved was like.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:32   Link #26045
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Start making those underground cities...just in case of Planet Bombing and the like.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:37   Link #26046
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think US isn't the only country who elected morons for their government
The question should be more ''who has not elected morons for their gouvermnents? ''
Old 2013-01-30, 06:38   Link #26047
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The question should be more ''who has not elected morons for their gouvermnents? ''
ROK, for once.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:39   Link #26048
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
ROK, for once.
I would actually agree with Nee-san's beliefs. Just this once, as of now. SK really needs a tough mom right now to beat those softies in the military camps out of Starcraft into real war craft instead of some politician looking to just bolster his own ego or line his pockets.

Though if she is as capable as her daddy remains to be seen.

Quote:
That guy is a sniper, he is a soft quiet guy who is into archery, and a little of an otaku. When I told him about that, he asked if I could find some way to rig his posting away from that woman.

Turns out I knew his elder sister outside of army, a noisy, irritating regular at cosplay conventions who only good point is that she likes yuri.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-01-30 at 06:51.
Old 2013-01-30, 10:35   Link #26049
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
-Snip-
Quote:
Oh baby~! A man in uniform does have a very ..unique allure. *cough*

Anyways .. NEWS!

STANDOFF: MAN SHOOTS ALA. BUS DRIVER, TAKES CHILD

MIDLAND CITY, Ala. (AP) -- Police, SWAT teams and negotiators were at a rural property where a man was believed to be holed up in a homemade bunker Wednesday after fatally shooting the driver of a school bus and fleeing with a 6-year-old child passenger, authorities said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old 2013-01-30, 12:26   Link #26050
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Zimbabwe checks its bank balance, finds only $217

Quote:
Before you get depressed about the state of your finances, spare a thought for the nation of Zimbabwe, which as of Tuesday had exactly $217 in the bank.

That's 217 dollars, not $217 million or $217 billion.
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...finds-only-217

Old 2013-01-30, 12:36   Link #26051
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Well, having $217 sure beats being in the red.
Old 2013-01-30, 14:54   Link #26052
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Girl who performed at Obama's inauguration shot dead in Chicago

Quote:
A 15-year-old girl who performed at President Obama's inauguration last week was shot dead Tuesday while hanging out with friends in bullet-scarred Chicago.
Hadiya Pendleton -- described by a relative as a “walking angel” -- was standing under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park when a gunman ran down an alley, opened fire at the group and fled in a white car, police said.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...n-chicago?lite

Old 2013-01-30, 16:34   Link #26053
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Video Games Are ‘A Bigger Problem Than Guns,’ Says Actual U.S. Senator
source: http://kotaku.com/5980247/video-game...ual-us-senator

damn...i might have to quit playing video games now because it might AFFECTS me!
this senator makes me want to kick someone in the nuts REAL hard.

looks like every SENATORS and their mommies are ALL attacking the violent video games now. >______<

EDIT: and oh yeah, GOD BLESS AMERICA! where GUNS dont kill people, VIDEO GAMES does you stupid dumb retarded ass Senator.

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-01-30 at 16:47.
Old 2013-01-30, 16:50   Link #26054
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
EDIT: and oh yeah, GOD BLESS AMERICA! where GUNS dont kill people, VIDEO GAMES does you stupid dumb retarded ass Senator.
Watch out! I am armed with many video game cartridges and consoles! Don't forget my downloaded stuff too! Come near me, and I'll kill you!

Oh snap. I'm a dangerous man now!!!
Old 2013-01-30, 16:54   Link #26055
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

damn...i might have to quit playing video games now because it might AFFECTS me!

looks like every SENATORS and their mommies are ALL attacking the violent video games now. >______<

Okay, I'm fifty fucking five and these "peers" like Grassley and Lamar embarrass me with their dumbfuckery. I bet they have their emails printed out for them.

Seriously, they're just throwing sand and shit in any direction they can instead of actually discussing the problem. They have no clue how many gun owning gamers they're pissing off - they're just repeating what Master LaPew of the NRA is babbling.
Old 2013-01-30, 17:01   Link #26056
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

(CBS/AP) MIDLAND CITY, Ala. - Jimmy Lee Dykes, the Alabama man who police say intercepted a school bus, killed the driver, snatched a 6-year-old boy and retreated into a bunker at his home Wednesday, was scheduled to appear in court this morning to face charges from a shooting incident last month.
The 65-year-old retired truck driver had been scheduled to appear in court to answer charges he shot at his neighbors in a dispute last month over a speed bump. Instead, he engaged in a standoff with police SWAT teams and hostage negotiators that began Tuesday night and went into the afternoon Wednesday.
Police say Dykes boarded a stopped school bus in the small town of Midland City on Tuesday afternoon and shot the bus driver when he refused to hand over a 6-year-old child. The gunman then took the kindergartener away.
Dykes is believed to be holed up with the boy in an underground bunker of the sort used to take shelter from a tornado.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...s-report-says/

this guy must have play a lot of video games.
Old 2013-01-30, 17:02   Link #26057
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Who cares who the escape goat is, the gun lobby needs one in order to ward off government regulation of any kind. They don't event want universal background checks... go figure.

The sad part is that many Americans stand behind the NRA's interests even if supporting those interests goes against their own well being. Of course they are too dumb to figure out they are just being manipulated like with the health care or climate change "debates"...

Main while tornados are tearing up the Midwest while the media scrambles to find cameramen to cover the "spectacular" weather, which they hope will attract many viewers.

*Looks at his own signature and sighs*
Old 2013-01-30, 17:53   Link #26058
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

There are a lot of dumb people in the Senate and Congress. I'm not sure which branch (I think congress) but there was one elected official within the last decade (can't remember when or his name or I'd post a link to the youtube video) that was questioning an army official about whether or not we should be putting so many soldiers on the island of Guam. His fear was that the island would flip over...... his words.

So ya this bullshit about video games doesn't surprise me in the least. Makes me yet again disappointed at our collective intelligence.
Old 2013-01-30, 17:53   Link #26059
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

"I think video games is a bigger problem than guns, because video games affect people," he told host Chuck Todd

It is official people, guns do not affect people, I repeat guns they do nothing.
Old 2013-01-30, 18:10   Link #26060
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
"I think video games is a bigger problem than guns, because video games affect people," he told host Chuck Todd

It is official people, guns do not affect people, I repeat guns they do nothing.
The most alarming fact is that they start to sound like chinese officials. There has been a 12 year ban on video game consoles on china "due to fear of harming the physical and mental development of the young". The most alarming trend is that the chinese goverment might lift said retarded ban while the NRA and their retarded cronies in congress are talking about how nocive video games are yadda yadda.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international