4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-11, 14:42   Link #21
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

you spent that much time talking to Belelgeuse when you could've just sliced him in half in mere seconds? But I guess it's cool that they introduced a way for Julius to see through Subaru's eyes. #anime

Also, Patrasche is such a good dragon. <3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 14:46   Link #22
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
you spent that much time talking to Belelgeuse when you could've just sliced him in half in mere seconds? But I guess it's cool that they introduced a way for Julius to see through Subaru's eyes. #anime

Also, Patrasche is such a good dragon. <3
With all the talk about how the possession worked in the beginning of the episode, and Subaru asking how to prevent being possessed, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to capture him alive.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 14:47   Link #23
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Next episode is gonna be an 1 hour special, like the first episode. So...
No, it isn't. Check the thread of episode 23 and you can see a lot of links to pages where is stated episode 25 is just the usual lenght and not a 1 hour special.

Unless during the week White Fox change that we still know is just 25 minutes.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 14:55   Link #24
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
To echo the complaints of the WN/LN readers, I must say that as an anime-only viewer the scene where Subaru convinced the villagers to evacuate felt rushed and dissatisfying, especially after the trouble he had with convincing them in the previous episode. I felt that there probably was more of an intense back-and-forth dialogue in the original source before the touching conclusion that the anime had to skip over for time-related purposes.
I didn't think so. The first time, he tried to 'trick' the villagers by telling lies(or half-truths, if you want to call it that) by hiding information from them. This time, it looked like he got on his knees and explain the situation exactly as it was. The villagers already decently respects Subaru, but the lies put them on edge. I think after seeing how sincere he was in this loop, it didn't take much to convince them of incoming dangers.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 14:58   Link #25
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
With all the talk about how the possession worked in the beginning of the episode, and Subaru asking how to prevent being possessed, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to capture him alive.
Oh, now that would be something. I like that better than killing him straight up.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 15:00   Link #26
HandofFate

pretty mellow episode this week.
events handled much more swiftly with no mess at all.

not sure why Subaru had to make a show of luring the archbishop all the way there.

Emilia not recognizing Subaru because of the magic, but feel she should recognize the hood itself, but oh well
Old 2016-09-11, 15:30   Link #27
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I didn't think so. The first time, he tried to 'trick' the villagers by telling lies(or half-truths, if you want to call it that) by hiding information from them. This time, it looked like he got on his knees and explain the situation exactly as it was. The villagers already decently respects Subaru, but the lies put them on edge. I think after seeing how sincere he was in this loop, it didn't take much to convince them of incoming dangers.
I think this is the case. He still has good will from when the kids got kidnapped by that evil dog. He's already gone to bat for them once, so doing it again while being honest works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

not sure why Subaru had to make a show of luring the archbishop all the way there.

Emilia not recognizing Subaru because of the magic, but feel she should recognize the hood itself, but oh well
It wouldn't be magic if even she could see through it, right?
Old 2016-09-11, 16:14   Link #28
Kaneco

Pretty good episode, although at some points it felt a bit rushed...but can't really blame them. They have to squish in as much as they can to end the season well in the next episode which will be the last one.

Kinda worried for the ending, and by that I mean...knowing the author being the sadist that he is and setting up hype/plot for the next season (if there is one) he'll do something that Subaru won't be able to take back by just Return by Death...and either has to live with that reality or fix it manually. Feeling like the author is setting us up into a false sense of security...

The blank letter is still bothering me. Will take the rest of my thoughts & predictions to the speculation thread for first time watchers.

Good episode overall, can't wait for the season finale.

Last edited by Kaneco; 2016-09-11 at 17:24.
Kaneco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 16:50   Link #29
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's amazing how Subaru keeps "leveling up." Unless there is another twist, I believe Subaru will get a happy ending
Old 2016-09-11, 17:12   Link #30
Mangonel

Wasn't an alternative to death like I had hoped, but at least his checkpoint updated. Not gonna lie, woulda been pissed if the Rem talk was erased.

Since the author went with another loop instead of subverting his own trope I think it was still handled well. Using the time in which Subaru is re-doing his prep work we got another visit to Lia. Episode on the whole did feel a bit rushed but thats hard to tell if its a time-crunch thing or just the nature of brevity in filling us in on whats different this loop.

It was a nice touch for Subaru to go the extra mile and use the magic cloak to help mend Lia's relationship with the village. Given the nightmare montage it seems the bigotry she faces day-to-day wears on her. Makes her kindness all the more special imo. Though when did he come into possession of it?

This literally makes twice Subaru has saved Roswal's domain/Lia from major disaster. I think its about time he gets an official position within the Emilia-faction. Lia is going to have to stop treating him like her special friend and acknowledge his intent properly. On Subaru's end I'm hoping the whole From:Zero arc here or w/e we're calling this arc has taught Subaru not to lean on Return by Death for the purposes of fighting. Even on a success loop it leaves him an inch away from death and gives Lia even more shit to worry about.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 17:15   Link #31
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
Though when did he come into possession of it?
One of the flashbacks in the episode showed it. She threw it at him when they had their argument earlier in this arc before they split up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 17:31   Link #32
Kaneco

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

I think everyone was so on edge with the upcoming attack, including Emilia herself, that she couldn't just sit back and think...and realize that by process of elimination it's none other than Subaru himself especially because she knows that Cloak so well...Well she was about to point it out but between Subaru not shutting up & the kids distracting her...the thought & assumption that was just Subaru escaped her

EDIT: Also that continuous trolling with Ferris by the Author...the best! SubaruXFerris...Let's go! Lmao! xD

Last edited by Kaneco; 2016-09-11 at 17:43.
Kaneco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 17:52   Link #33
DemonneoPT

It's also possible that more cloaks were made by Roswaal. Ram also had one! Plus, not recognising the cloak itself may be part of the spell.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 20:08   Link #34
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:
Spoiler for source comparison:

That said this didn't end where I expected it to. Interesting to see how WF end this season from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
It's also possible that more cloaks were made by Roswaal. Ram also had one! Plus, not recognising the cloak itself may be part of the spell.
And the Iron Fang members are wearing similar designed cloaks too.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-09-12 at 00:35.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 21:27   Link #35
Calca
Expressionless

If this show doesn't get a second season it would be a crime against humanity. Fortunately I hear the BDs are selling very well so that gives hope.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 21:49   Link #36
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I still don't get how his current methods doesn't prevent Subaru from being possessed.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 23:26   Link #37
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this is a pretty good episode

I keep enjoying Subaru X Julius X Felis moment... to think that Julius would be the first one to be one (well only eyes) with Subaru

This is Subaru that I wished for.. keep working in silence and behind Emilia
You don't need to be appreciated by Emilia herself.. everyone except that "dumb" girl knows how much you have done for her
but oh well.. if one day Emilia managed to know what Subaru has done for him, please give Subaru a passionate kiss.. he deserved it

some premonition also happened in this episode when Betelgeuse told Subaru about archbishop's plan to summon witch by using Emilia
I love when Subaru told Betelgeuse how close he is with the witch
This episode also answered some of my question about Betelgeuse tendency to hurt himself. Well, it is simply just a vessel so he would not feel any pain anyway

can't wait for the next episode.. Glad that Subaru managed to round up such a plan to hit Witch Cult this hard without any loss
Patrasche is such a good dragon
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 23:39   Link #38
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Suck to be NTRed by your beloved Witch like Beetlejuice just did.
Old 2016-09-11, 23:51   Link #39
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I still don't get how his current methods doesn't prevent Subaru from being possessed.
I think the logic that will be used is that he's already being sort of "possesed" by Julius, so Betelgeuse cant posses him? Thats what occured to me when they said they were connected
Old 2016-09-12, 00:16   Link #40
Azurial

Emilia didnt regonize Subaru but Petra do she must be a god XD
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote