AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-26, 04:22   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

FMP Fanfiction Discussion

Welcome to FMP FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for FMP fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

The nature of this thread means there are likely to be people that have complaints about your work. Please note that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Practice mutual respect and debate the issue(s) without resorting to personal attacks. There is no credibility in insults, only trouble.

Please note that FanFics are written by people in their free time with no personal gain for the writers, therefore the authors owe you nothing. You are not in the position to demand anything, and if your only complaint and reason for posting is a featured pairing you dislike for personal reasons, please don't bother to let us know about it. Constructive criticism is welcomed, self-catering bashing is not. Authors should feel free to write what they desire without feeling pressured by the community. Excessive posts of such nature will be considered harassment and treated accordingly.

On a final note: Please understand that people have their own reasons and time constrains they can dedicate to reading stories posted here. Don't go complaining that your work is not getting as much attention as you would like it to; better yourselves and win their attention. (Any posts regarding the issue will be deleted)

Most importantly: have fun
Old 2008-10-29, 12:37   Link #2
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
To start things off...

Overwatch

Zanzibar Land

Bodyguards

Overwatch is the first FMP-based fanfic I created, based on the 1st season with some divergences that I have made.

Zanzibar Land and Bodyguards are oneshots based on Overwatch.

Basically, these series are based on FMP with a mix of the Metal Gear series (Including the ACID and Ghost Babel games with the Drama CDs) and the Tom Clancy franchise (So far Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell)

Crossovers that I want to include in the future if possible:

Virtua Cop 3 (Due to a certain ninja character)
24 (Characters)
Patlabor: The Movie 2

Feel free to ask about making a good FMP fanfic.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2008-11-09, 17:52   Link #3
Langus
Optimus Prime

Thumbs up Recommendation

Hey all!

I'd like to recommend the following fic. I've been reading it for a few months now and the writer is incredible. If you've got the time, take it for a spin!

"Until" by Keroberus

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3786154/1/Until

Summary: Amalgam is on the prowl again but can Sousuke keep Kaname safe
before Leonard convinces her to switch sides? A story of Kaname's journey
through the dark side to end it all, one way or another. AU.
Old 2009-03-30, 22:24   Link #4
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Here's a good fanfic with a FMP/Gunslinger girls crossover.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4882908/1/Operation_Icarus

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-04-20, 23:52   Link #5
arnold44

Cool the best?

Has there been a contest on who has the best fanpic?

Im not gonna start any feuds but Im a picky reader...thanx
Old 2009-04-21, 04:35   Link #6
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

No. I don't think so.

Old 2011-09-27, 03:16   Link #7
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Posting to add this interesting fic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7291782/1/Sword_and_Shield

Old 2011-12-21, 00:37   Link #8
FeistyDreams

I'm currently taking requests for fanfics, thought I'd throw that out there. ^^ I write pretty much solely FMP, which is why I post here. This is my ff.net profile, I have the general rules for requests posted there, as well as most of my written works, so you can get an idea before making requests. =P

To get an idea how the short fic requests would most likely come out, check out the Boy Meets Girl Collection, which is made up of varied one-shots that don't tie into each other, all unedited. Please, please remember they're unedited. There are definitely things in all of them that I would change, but they're raw on purpose. For edited work, I'd recommend checking out any of the other one-shots, particularly Kanpeki no Partner, ShabuShabu, and Sore ga Ai Desho. I haven't done any one-shots that I've really edited in some time, my writing certainly has developed some, but they should give you an idea for the main things I do in most all of my writing. And to get an idea of my more developed writing, though in an incomplete long-fic, Let Me Be Myself probably has some of my best writing as it develops. Most of the first chapter had been written over a year before I started tackling it seriously, and while I edited it, it still has many elements from my older writing that doesn't show in the rest of it.

/shamelessficpimping
Old 2011-12-22, 15:14   Link #9
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm pention for a "history" book. It could be drab, but cover an interpretation of how things happened after the Arm Slaves started being used and other tech ended up used in the continuing Cold War.

Also stuff about why some things are quite different...like the divided China for example.

All in universe of course. Like something they would have in a High School history class. It would probably not be that long since modern history is only about fifty year in a text book used in 1999 (text books aren't updated all that often..maybe once every five to ten years, depending on what the school board can afford). Anything after the Second World War since it seems likely things changed after that.
Old 2012-02-27, 23:16   Link #10
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Interesting suggestion there mate.

Lot of potential where some of the Arm Slaves/FMP-only military vehicles can be shown.

Old 2017-02-07, 21:58   Link #11
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

With IV coming, I was contemplating on continuing my FMP/Metal Gear (Mostly) crossover, but there's also Assassins' Creed.

Old 2018-04-13, 11:14   Link #12
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Aside from being recently crossed with SRW, I’m getting a feeling that crossing it with the modern Battlefield or COD series would be interesting.

Not to mention Rainbow Six by itself.

Old 2018-04-21, 00:39   Link #13
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Fanfic plot question to all...

Spoiler for Potential plot:

Closed Thread