AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-31, 17:39   Link #221
Wandering Soul

So Yuki's feelings for Tohru are laid bare and they are ultimately the feelings of a neglected boy that craved motherly affection and warmth who met a girl that provided them. Even if his feeling were romantic, he knows he has no chance of getting inbetween Kyo and Tohru. If anything Yuki now seems to want to focus on addressing his relationship with Kyo.

Machi being one of the few people at school to see past Yuki's prince facade is probably great news for him.

Wonder what they turned the play into.
Old 2020-08-31, 18:39   Link #222
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's disappointing that we won't get to see Tohru act evil, but even if it's just acting, I suppose there are some things that are just impossible. That one girl is really good to be able to rewrite the script in what I assume were a couple hours tops.

Kyo's speech about Yuki having everything really drives home just how little those two know about each other. At least Yuki is trying now, but he really needs to work on his approach. Kyoko sounded rather ominous in that flashback where she told Kyo he needed his hatred to keep living. Really intriguing. Sadly, I don't expect Kyo and Kyoko's relationship to be explored any time soon.
Old 2020-08-31, 20:46   Link #223
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well did see that come that Yuki seeing Tooru as a mom Well Tooru really cant act evil just started tearing up just send someone to bed without dinner

Kyou really needs some anger management
Old 2020-09-01, 01:55   Link #224
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 17:

Shigure made me laugh this episode.

oh, and the zodiac figurines that Tohru made are so nice.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 06:37   Link #225
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think I'd like Yuki a lot better if once in a while he'd just SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 17:06   Link #226
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Yuki's not my favorite character, but Kyo also needs to get over himself. I really dislike when people go around with a chip on their shoulder acting like no one else understands, when clearly they're the ones who don't know shit.
Old 2020-09-01, 17:43   Link #227
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kyou is not perfect by any means, and while if anybody has a reason to feel screwed over by fate he does, his anger management routine does get old. The difference in part is that Takaya isn’t obsessed with him so he’s the center of attention much less than Yuki.

But Yuki, gadzooks... has there ever been a character who talked about himself more than he does? It reaches the point of unintentional self-parody for me. Maybe Arata from Chihayafuru (two cases where the writer seems to have a similar attitude towards the character) - but he’s on-page/screen far, far less often.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 23:18   Link #228
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Yuki's not my favorite character, but Kyo also needs to get over himself. I really dislike when people go around with a chip on their shoulder acting like no one else understands, when clearly they're the ones who don't know shit.
My opinion on Yuki and Kyo is in an inverse correlation.
While I have higher opinion on Kyo at beginning, it steadily fell as the story progress.
When I finish the series, my opinion of him is so low that he is just slightly above those I consider real scums.
Yes, I know Kyoko's death probably destroyed him as a person far more than what Yuki had went through. But still....
To this day, I still think he owes Yuki a proper apology.

On the other hand, while my opinion on Yuki started low. (his princely air also didn't help.) But my opinion of him climbed rapidly once the student council arc starts, and hit the all time high at Machi arc. He truly grew up as a person and learned his lessons.
Tohru should be proud of his son for he really took what he learned from her and became someone who can help others as well.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 23:30   Link #229
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I mean, Kyo has a very valid reason for having a chip on his shoulder even if a lot of his resentment towards Yuki is unfounded, not that he would know that just like Yuki wanted to be more like Kyo not knowing what Kyo was actually going through by being the Cat.

Of course it seems like part of it is Kyo needing to hold onto that resentment as a coping mechanism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Kyou is not perfect by any means, and while if anybody has a reason to feel screwed over by fate he does, his anger management routine does get old. The difference in part is that Takaya isnt obsessed with him so hes the center of attention much less than Yuki.

But Yuki, gadzooks... has there ever been a character who talked about himself more than he does? It reaches the point of unintentional self-parody for me. Maybe Arata from Chihayafuru (two cases where the writer seems to have a similar attitude towards the character) - but hes on-page/screen far, far less often.
When you see the level of emotional trauma and conflicted feelings he has to deal with all his life, I think it makes sense that they would need to focus a lot on his gradual self-realization of his feelings and his self as he grows as a person over the course of the series.

We've gotten that with other characters to an extent but it's probably more pronounced with Yuki because he's a main character.

I thought Nobunaga Shimazaki did an amazing job conveying Yuki's feelings and his attempt to grow from his emotional fragility and the way he had been projecting himself to others up to this point.
Old 2020-09-02, 09:46   Link #230
Kotori05674

Yuki and Tohru should've been together, it just makes more sense.
Kotori05674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-02, 10:12   Link #231
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotori05674 View Post
Yuki and Tohru should've been together, it just makes more sense.
The show basically got done explaining why it wouldn't have made sense. And I think it's pretty clear from how Tohru and Kyo are with each other, and how they interact, why they're the main romance at this point.
Old 2020-09-02, 10:54   Link #232
Kotori05674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The show basically got done explaining why it wouldn't have made sense. And I think it's pretty clear from how Tohru and Kyo are with each other, and how they interact, why they're the main romance at this point.
Thanks for your opinion however I hold heartily disagree with you.
Old 2020-09-02, 11:28   Link #233
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotori05674 View Post
Thanks for your opinion however I hold heartily disagree with you.
And you're more than welcome to .
Old 2020-09-02, 12:07   Link #234
Kotori05674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And you're more than welcome to .
A rare thing to expect in 2020.
Old 2020-09-02, 22:37   Link #235
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
For what it's worth I don't have a problem with either Kyo or Yuki having chips on their shoulders, or going through the woe is me phase. I've been a teenager dealing with major depression so I know how that can go. It's just the woe is me attitude coupled with accusing other people of not understanding and in so doing showing that you yourself are the one that's woefully ignorant. Both characters have changes they need to make, it looks like Yuki is starting to do that, I just hope the story lets Kyo follow suit.
Old 2020-09-06, 23:57   Link #236
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 18:

Rin looks beautiful in uniform.

Looks like Shigure really not know how to break the curse. If he knows, he would have broken it already.

also the drama is reaching toxic proportions by now. Ok, writer, you are one hell of an edge lord.. putting Rin's violent parents and Akito in a single episode = shit show.

Akito is useful though.. when I'm playing EFZ or any sort of fighting video game. I can imagine my opponent's character is Akito, and I would be motivated to totally destroy them. lol
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-07, 04:04   Link #237
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ep22: covid-19 is finally getting to me. When I saw Yuki take Tohru's hand, all I could think of is that he'd just come in and hadn't washed his hands yet. Did he do that before dinner just after? Did she?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-07, 13:03   Link #238
Frontier

A happy and cheerful Kisa is so, so cute! Especially in that dress! Although poor Hiro now has to be worried about more male admirers gunning for Kisa now .

Well, the play was certainly "Cinderella-ish." It really was a version of Cinderella that could only have been portrayed by this cast. Especially when it felt like they had just a basic outline of a script and ad-libbed 90% of it. But with all that in mind, I'd say it was a resounding success considering how improvised it was, as well as being utterly hilarious .

Of course they couldn't resist putting Yuki in drag .

Tohru in a dress! Hanajima in that black dress! Heck, even Uotani was a striking figure as a Prince .

Uotani can't help but relate to the situation and the fact that she can't see the person they love and they won't come see her...hopefully Momiji is able to get that video to Kureno .

Shirtless Kyo for the ladies .

What a one-two punch for Kyo. Not only does Kazuma turn up (thanks Haru), but he has a nice conversation with Hanajima, who actually treats Kyo kindly for once. Kyo's not looking forward to more of that .

When Hanajima makes vague allusions about Kyo's fate, Tohru can't help but say that she doesn't want that for Kyo, still not realizing exactly why she feels so strongly about that. On Kyo's side he's left questioning why Tohru would have such an outburst and wondering if she might be in love with him, but can't believe (if only for her sake than his) that she does. Both of them seem on the cusp of realizing their feelings but for one reason or another can't admit it for fear of how it might change everything .

Poor Hiro. His concern for Rin makes Kisa think he has a crush on her .

On the one hand, Machi thinks Yuki is an airhead...but on other hand, she hit the nail on the head that he's secretly very lonely. She saw through the Prince mask before she even really knew him, and saw exactly what Yuki was like beneath the mask people ascribe to a "Prince." Maybe because Machi can relate to Yuki in that way .
Old 2020-09-07, 17:37   Link #239
Wandering Soul

Cinderella-ish is a good descpription of that play becasue it only really followed the basic outline for the play and ad-libbed everythig else. Considering how miscast everyone is though, that was probably for the best.

Both Kyo and Tohru seems so close to figuring out thier feelings for each other that it seems like they both need one more push to make them realize. Some characters around them seem to have already realized it.

Nice to see Hiro looking out for Rin. Hopefully it doesn't cause too many misunderstandings with Kisa.
Old 2020-09-07, 18:37   Link #240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The play was even funnier than I thought it'd be. The only people who followed the script were Tohru (though she slipped up at times), Yuki and the girl playing the stepmother. The others were pretty much just being themselves, with Hanajima giving zero fucks

It was nice to see Kisa again, even if she didn't get much screentime. She's under a misunderstanding now, maybe Hiro will learn his lesson and think before speaking next time. His words to Haru were actually really harsh. Haru didn't seem to take offense but still trolled him.

More Machi x Yuki shipping.

Both Kyo and Tohru have realized Tohru loves Kyo and both are in denial about it. Sadly, it looks like the next episode will be more Yuki.