3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-23, 23:05   Link #61
Gage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As I_love_waffle said, those scenes aren't reanimated. Those flashback scenes was saturated with the color green to convey the effect of something old. At the beginning of the series, the flashback had a black & white dot pitch added over the familiar scenes to give the same feeling of recollection.
Most of them looked fine, but the one at 10:30 or so is what really threw me off. I guess that animation may have been just as bad back then, but it bairly looks like Naruto there. I think it is the hair and the extra round face they used. Later on the look of Naruto must have changed slightly. Either that or my mind is already going...
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 23:58   Link #62
poopies69

wow do u guys really expect naruto show all his new crap right at the begining of the new series? (for all the people disapointed in naruto that he's weak.)its only episode 3 for christ sakes, the anime prolly wanted naruto to show hsi new techniques in a real battle, not just some training with kakashi trying to get his bell. Remember he doesnt have to kill kakashi, all he needs is to get the ball, im sure he doesnt have to waste all that energy using the new technique for that...
poopies69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 00:51   Link #63
Rurik
Golden

Bleh, this episode was painful given the bell test Filler and Flashback:

-Funny how Naruto was fighting equally Kakashi in Taijutsu (Despise Kakshis Sharingan), and all of the sudden Kakashi could dispose dozens of Naruto with no problems.

-The Sasuke Genjutsu part was stupid to say the least.

-I really haven't like the idea of spectators in the Bell test.

-It seem just like the Principal character, Ransegan needs to be in every episode.

-LOL to Kakshi doing the Primary lotus, I didn't see that coming from the anime team.

The part I liked the most was Deidara infiltration to Reach Gaara. Now its has been made official that Gaara is basically the same as Naruto, a JInchuriki, Gaaras Demon is know as the "Ichibi" Or AS everyone knows a ONe tailed demon, as NAruto Has the "Kyubi".

and Also Kakshi Face after SAkura made her first Punch to the ground..SAkura doesnt seems so useles as before...eh?
Old 2007-02-24, 01:03   Link #64
7thFonon
seventh

The flashbacks annoyed me, but the fighting was pretty good being that it wasn't a serious fight. What made this episode was Deidara. Can't wait to see him bust up Gaara.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 01:14   Link #65
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
-Funny how Naruto was fighting equally Kakashi in Taijutsu (Despise Kakshis Sharingan), and all of the sudden Kakashi could dispose dozens of Naruto with no problems.

-The Sasuke Genjutsu part was stupid to say the least.
-Kakashi is being serious, but not very serious, after all, this is basically sparring. I also believe the Kage Bushins are only a fraction of Naruto's strength, think of them as cannon fodder to wear a enemy down.

-Another test to see if they really matured, and Kakashi stated anyways that those old tricks won't work anymore after the fact. I find that to be a good way to see if someone has matured since the last you trained them, see if they still fall for the old stuff you did before. Though naturally Naruto's goofiness let him fall for the rope trap
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 01:30   Link #66
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by knack View Post
Whoever rated this filler stretched episode a 10 baffles me.
They are still under the genjutsu effect of the original fillers. Or, after watching so many low-quality fillers and getting used to them, they are observing an effect like leaving a room at -30C for another one at 0C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
1. Sazaesan
2. Chibi Maruko-chan
3. Crayon Shin-chan
4. Doraemon
6. Kekkaishi
7. Naruto
8. Anime Mejaa (not sure what title this is)
9. Yes! Prettycure 5
10. Onegai My Melody
Other than Kekkaishi, there is no generally followed anime there (I don't know about the last two - but no bleach, one piece, etc.). I guess, with the top 4 being pretty much a staple of that list, it is hard to get in there.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 01:52   Link #67
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
not reading the naruto manga paid off, made the episode a lot more enjoyable, sure there were some flashbacks, but to who said it was half an episodes worth is more than stretching it.
If you're reffering to my post than I was counting all the fillers and not just the flashback ones.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 03:33   Link #68
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I have never ever read the Naruto manga, but in my opinion this was an okay-good episode.

The storytelling was non-linear, as it cut from Konoha to Suna to add depth to the different events that transpired.

I agree that the flashbacks back then from the first bell test interrupted the flow of the episode, since it's just to watch on Kakashi's reaction on how wide the gap has increased from when Naruto and Sakura started as amateurs in contrast to how grown-up they matured their common sense and ninjutsu tactics, though Naruto still lingers to quite few of his old habits.

In addition, there were few still shots of Sakura's face that look off or weird. Her face looked long and stiff.

Finally, I found Deidara's ninjutsu to manufacture his explosive clay figures to be quite creative, though yucky. Those mouths on the palms of his respective hands must be a permanent jutsu.
I come certainly think that most if not all of the Akatsuki members exhibit to some degree an inhuman trait or jutsu that makes them look like something out of the world.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 04:50   Link #69
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

People have been so injured by the fillers that they now, even if it´s just a word that differs from the manga, pull out the big guns in the all-hate-filler-campaign.

I think this was an enjoyable episode with a kickass ending and I think the flashbacks fitted perfect in this episode. They´re doing a 2nd bell test, it just screamed nostalgia. It´s not like the flashbacks were as longs as they were in Naruto vs Sasuke.

And to you who think the anime is far behind right now, and shouldn´t elongate the episodes at all. Do you want to be in the same situation as we were in a few months back again in a couple of years?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 05:23   Link #70
Watashi
Viggo-Sensei's pupil

I think this episode was okay. The flashbacks was a bit annoying, but i liked the fight in general. I was hoping that Naruto had learned some kind of cool jutsu, but we will probably se something new in the next episodes...

The only thing that dissapointed me, was the lack of Hinata!
Watashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 05:47   Link #71
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Kakashi's facial expression when Sakura used her super strength to find him was priceless
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 06:34   Link #72
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
And to you who think the anime is far behind right now, and shouldn´t elongate the episodes at all. Do you want to be in the same situation as we were in a few months back again in a couple of years?
Yes?

Original filler arcs is way better than destroying the real story imo, as you can choose to simply not watch it. (Not saying episode 3 was that awful, but overall.)
Old 2007-02-24, 06:43   Link #73
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Did anyone else think that Tsunade's recap at the end of this episode was complete bullshit?

She talked about Akatsuki and then said that Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai defeated Itachi and Kisame?

That's what the translation said. Those 3 got their asses kicked and then Gai stepped in allowing them to survive as Kisame was surely going to kill them.
Old 2007-02-24, 07:13   Link #74
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

TBH I see nothing wrong with the episode.. to all those guy screaming for Naruto new technique .. If he have a new killer technique, you really think he gonna show on practice? I prefer seeing him perfect his old trick as shown here and saved his killer technique when its matters..

Altho some nitpicking, after all those time soaring in the sky, no 1 finds out about the deaths ANBUs? lame... Also, wtf is Sasori doing while waiting.. he specifically said dont waste his time .. then just as Deidara said he'll infiltrated silently.. he proceed to bombed those guards .. *hmmff*

I so wanted to see Kakashi gets hit with a thousand years of pain ._. .. how dissappointing .. I'm giving the ep an 8 for that
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 07:20   Link #75
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Episode 3 was not half bad i really wanted to see the results of Sakura's and Naruto's training. Although it looks like Naruto has not developed any new Jutsu he has improved on what he has. Using his shadow clones move effectively and even improving the speed at which he gathers his chakra for the rasangan. I also noticed that his senses and and reflexes have become more fine tuned. Which is essential for shinobi.

Sakura has improved quite well and I must say i am happy with her progress. Another great quality of being a Shinobi is being well rounded. Not only does Sakura now possess the skills to go hand to hand but combine that with her medical training and Genjutsu training and you have a very well balanced Konoichi. Sakura has always has precise chakra control Tsuande just put it too good use. She is really is a second Tsuande that temper and that monstrous strength are dangerous. Naruto better learn how to duck.

Tsuande and Kakashi commented on how good a pair they both are. I went back re watched the episode and i can see why they made that comment. Kakashi as good as he is would be serverly hurt if Sakura landed one of those heavy hit. Which has been forcing to retreat and be on the defensive more combine Narutos excellent of shadow clones and his apparent ability to be quick to take advantage of a opening they are well suited. Sakura attacks enemy retreats Naruto cuts off the retreat causing the opponent to move again and then Sakura attacks again. If you think about it Naruto and Sakura have always worked well together and despite all the fighting they do, they are well suited to be partners. What Im wondering is if the lines Tsunade and Kakashi made are hints are being a good pair in another way as well.
DOnt get me wrong Im not saying they are perfect. Sakura is too eager to land a punch and is not thinking about tactics at all. She has the ability now to go hand to hand with someone but her Taijutsu skills are sub par. She needs to train more so that can start thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead of her opponent in order to land that crushing blow, if you cant hit anything having supers strength is pointless. Naruto's weakness well thats hard to tell and we have not seen what else he has learned while he was away. I think they both have improved a lot but still have a long way to go. You have to admit Sakura has come a long way. I just wanted to give a balanced view on their growth.

Very interested to see Gaara will react to this infiltration of the sand village. Temari is still in Konoha so i cant see her being of any help. I know that both these guys from Akatsuki are suppose to be bad asses. But i just cant get into a guy who uses his jutsu to make origami. But im sure he will prove to be more dangerous than what im thinking. Next episode we get to see Kazekage Gaara in action.

Why all the bashing on the episode? its only the beginning, sure i hated the fillers too but we cant have everything. bitching about the fillers and now bitching about the first 3 episodes cant please everyone all the time. I dont some people will be happy no matter what they do with the series
I reather want to see Naruto pair up with Hinata, that would be a nice development

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2007-02-24 at 10:08.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 08:51   Link #76
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
-Kakashi is being serious, but not very serious, after all, this is basically sparring. I also believe the Kage Bushins are only a fraction of Naruto's strength, think of them as cannon fodder to wear a enemy down.
Kage Bushin are an exact copy of the original, that include power, the ones that are a fraction of the original are the Mitzu Bushin. oyu can have 2 or 3 as Kanon fodder, but Having that Naruto can fight Kakashi equally and then showing you that Kakashi can destroy Dozens of Naruto with no sweat is just contradictory.

Regarding Kakashi not been very serious, that still doesn't take away that of kakashi would had really caught Naruto in that, the purpose of the bell test is either the Young kids getting the Bell, or the Sensei Catching the Young kids when trying. no to mention my complaint wasn't really Kakashi and Naruto fighting Taijutsu and Naruto keeping up wiht Kakashi, is having that one + Kakashi defeating all the Kage Bushin.

Quote:
-Another test to see if they really matured, and Kakashi stated anyways that those old tricks won't work anymore after the fact. I find that to be a good way to see if someone has matured since the last you trained them, see if they still fall for the old stuff you did before. Though naturally Naruto's goofiness let him fall for the rope trap
Yeah, stupid IMO given Sasuke was presented same clothes and same look he had 3 years ago, not to mention everyone knew the kids were not going to fall for that one. I have no problem kakshi using Genjutsu or using the same old tricks again.

And Naruto didn't fall for the Rope trap, that was a bait made for Kakashi, as the one that was used was the Kage Bushin. I kind of liked that bit.
Old 2007-02-24, 08:57   Link #77
Mirtual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
Did anyone else think that Tsunade's recap at the end of this episode was complete bullshit?

She talked about Akatsuki and then said that Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai defeated Itachi and Kisame?

That's what the translation said. Those 3 got their asses kicked and then Gai stepped in allowing them to survive as Kisame was surely going to kill them.
This is so true.
I was like "wtf?? If I remember it right, they got their asses kicked an then Itachi decided to go away because he thought this was going nowhere useful"

And to mention Asuma an Kurenei as one of their best jounin kind of made me laugh, considering whenerver they fought something stronger than the average no name jounin they got defeated.

- topic -

Might have been good, might have been bad.
I am still just too happy to have the filler ended and the real story back in the anime right now to think about it rational.
No logic in there as always, but I still enjoyed watching it.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 10:44   Link #78
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

The flashbacks are getting sad to look at. It's making this anime with epic music seem rather punkish.

"I remember when I tried to poke Naruto in the ass with my two fingers and now he's doing the same thing to me?"

Do we really need that? Oh well. I guess Mirtual would say "Don't hate the flashbacks. Hate the artists and the storyboard. And hate the bastard that keeps prolonging this agony by allowing this to happen."
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 12:41   Link #79
ShikaShika
無罪

I guess in the end we have to resign ourselves to the fact that Naruto isn't made for us, but for little children, who do not hate filler as expressly as some people here (myself included).

It's just a thorn in your side to get to see what they can do (first ten minutes of last episode) if they really set their minds to it, and then to get to see things like in this episode instead. (Allthough the filler in this episode really wasn't that bad compared to what we've seen before, and I'm not talking about no filler arc here.)
Old 2007-02-24, 14:00   Link #80
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
6.5/10

I'm finding it hard to judge this episode. I liked most of the first half of the episode...it's the second half where the filler creativity team used their usual magic.

Good:

- Yay, Naruto doesn't seem moronic anymore.

- I enjoyed seeing how much Sakura has improved over the last 2.5 years. She's probably the character who has advanced the most since part 1.

- The look on Kakashi's face when Sakura used her strength to smash the ground...

- Naruto trying to use "1000 years of pain" on Kakashi. Classic.

- I loved the new music that played when Kakashi fought Naruto's clones.

- Gaara saving Deidara the trouble of looking for him.

- Most of the flashbacks actually improved the episode.

Bad:

- The part where Naruto evaded Kakashi's shrunken looked crap... Naruto seemed to stay in the air forever, it should've been faster.

- I didn't like how Sakura kept calling Naruto an idiot, she's meant to respect him more in part 2.

- It isn't in Jiraiya's character to watch Naruto train, something shown during part 1 on numerous occasions.

- Kakashi beating Naruto's shadow clones with one hit.

- Kakashi using Lotus on Naruto's shadow clones... What the hell!?

- The person who thought up the idea of using the Sasuke genjustu crap deserves to be shot. They could've at least made him look older, they didn't have to change his clothes to make him look 15/16.

- Why did Deidara fly around all bloody day? It shouldn't take him that long to take out 3 guards and find Gaara.

- The episode seemed rather slow. I wasn't surprised when people started saying how the episode only used around 1 manga chapter.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote