AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-16, 20:29   Link #1
Disco-Blake

Berserk

What happend to Berserk? does anyone know why the anime didn't finish like the manga? are they ever going to finish it? were can i get the translated Berserk manga?
Old 2004-02-16, 21:12   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

This thread is all about Berserk. Please search for existing threads before starting new ones with the same subject.

Berserk is licensed by Dark Horse.
Old 2004-02-16, 22:44   Link #3
Spooky-Electric

Only the first 3 volumes of Berserk are licensed at this point, though more are sure to follow.

To answer your question the manga has not finished yet and will not be finished anytime soon at least.
Old 2004-02-16, 23:25   Link #4
Griffith

With Berserk selling as well as it is, I'd be shocked if Dark Horse didn't release more of the series. At the rate they're being released now (roughly every 3 months), the fourth volume will come out in July.
Old 2004-02-16, 23:28   Link #5
Spooky-Electric

Yes, I think it is a given that more will be licensed, I was just pointing out that only the first 3 at this point in time are licensed.

Dark Horse really needs to hurry up with their releases of Berserk. Honestly, it's going to take like 6 years before we catch up to where they are in Japan.

Every 3 months is only 4 volumes a year. Way. too. slow.
Old 2004-02-16, 23:47   Link #6
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Every 3 months is only 4 volumes a year. Way. too. slow.
Oh well, the Japanese tankoubon ( 単行本 ) is only published every 6 months or twice a year. That would make it Way Way Way Too Slow?
Old 2004-02-17, 00:01   Link #7
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ
Oh well, the Japanese tankoubon ( 単行本 ) is only published every 6 months or twice a year. That would make it Way Way Way Too Slow?
True, but they already have up to Volume 26. They're just waiting for new releases while we're waiting for old releases.
Old 2004-02-23, 00:05   Link #8
megacoolspot

man, i just can't wait for over 6 years to see whats going to happen with Gutts and Caksa!! frustrating it is... since berserk is one of my favorite. argh!
Old 2004-02-23, 03:08   Link #9
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Only the first 3 volumes of Berserk are licensed at this point, though more are sure to follow.
Dark Horse already said in an interview that they would be releasing volumes beyond volume 3 due to the success of the first volumes. I think you can consider the whole series licensed at this point.
Old 2004-02-24, 08:54   Link #10
MrBrown

They're probably taking it slowly simply because they don't want to release them all at once and then start waiting on the Japanese ones.
Old 2004-02-26, 00:39   Link #11
Jn183

DH is releasing it slowly b/c those book/manga store require at least 2-3 month for them to have a chance to sell the item. Well, that is how it usually work. However, hoping that berserk sell really really well like sold out completely on first day or week or release. Maybe DH and those store would realize that Berserk Manga doesn't need 2-3month to see if it would sold or not.
Old 2004-03-01, 03:23   Link #12
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
My favorite manga

I encourage all to buy this manga ( darkhorse or wherever ). Its friggan awsome.
Old 2004-03-01, 03:34   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

All follow-ups to Berserk.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-15, 06:30   Link #14
gallar

Question Berserk

Please Berserk is the best manga I have ever read, some body know where I can down load it.
Old 2004-04-15, 06:36   Link #15
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

the manga is licensed, is it not?

no licensed stuff here
Old 2004-04-15, 08:58   Link #16
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

First: There already is a thread about Berserk located here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1004

Second: The Berserk manga is licensed by DarkHorse Comics. Always make sure you read the rules before making a request or posting because...
  1. Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
    As described in
    Fansubbing and Licensing fansubs are technically illegal as they breach copyright. However as AnimeSuki.com does not wish to be associated with piracy, discussions about unlawfully getting licensed anime or manga or even DVD rips are not allowed. This means it is not allowed to post links to sites with such licensed material or ways to obtain it illegally, or ask for links or instructions to be emailed or PM'ed to you. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.
Old 2004-08-14, 04:46   Link #17
greed

Berserk

I have been told that Berserk is a must have manga. I don't know if it has been licensed but i live in Sydney so i can only download it.

Does anyone know where i can download fanscans of the first chapter (torrents, http, IRC)?
Old 2004-08-14, 05:01   Link #18
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Please don't ask such questions. Since the Berserk manga is licensed, we can't give that information in this forum even if you are in Sydney.

I would suggest that you try to buy it online. I have it on authority that Austrailians are allowed to mail order from other countries. If you're not sure where or how to do this, then please read The "Where do I buy..." Thread.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread