AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2004-03-17, 21:56   Link #81
Leviathan
Guardian of Water

this topic sure is interesting. couldn't help myself but at least say something. i'm glad those that are willing to buy the dvd. good for u to support the us anime companies. however, i'm one of those who complain about it being licensed. why? i'm freakin poor. even though itz like $25 or $30 here in CA at retail store >_< man, those who are able to buy are sure rich. grrrr not only that i hate dub. T_T look what the US did to the dud shaman king. soo sad. since when did ren ( i think that was his name) have scottish accent.

about the whole legal issue going on in this forum. everyone commit a legal activities. no one cares. so why complain about it.

Edit by NoSanninWa: I was serious about banning the next person to post about the argument. That's a one day ban for you

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-03-18 at 01:14.
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 22:40   Link #82
Anime_Void

Question

THis anime dosent air on like the free network in japan like FOX in america ( the basic one) the one that everyone gets and dosent pay for. Becuase if thats how japanese people get like naruto and CC than i see nothing illigal about some guy putting a tape in ( or using a computer) recording it and translating it. Its free there its free here. If its like cable TV were you have to pay for that station than its a bit more sympethetic but even still Anime isnt like downloading a movie that just came out which is bad becuase those lose millions from people doing. But i mean its like saying lets say the show Simpsons and lets pretend they dont get that in japan so some japanese guy records it translates it and releases it Ta Da
Do we pay for simpsons here? No are there Simpson Tapes you can buy if you want to own it ? Yes. 108$$ is alot of anime i dont buy anime when anime gets licenced i gave up on it Me and some friends did buy some Box Sets like GTO and Record of Lotus War but as i said i chipped in 50$ and never found it how much it cost total or care i am willing to pay 50$ for a good chunk of the series like with naruto 50$ should cover 25-50 episodes becuase its a long series and it be really expensive to blah blah blah..... i am just droning on here the main question i wana know is do people in Japan see CC on like Public TV or Cable which htey pay for *is out of breath*
Anime_Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 22:54   Link #83
Leviathan
Guardian of Water

i think cc is public television
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 06:07   Link #84
PikaPi

Send a message via ICQ to PikaPi Send a message via Yahoo to PikaPi
eRrr

then will we still be able to watch chrno? it's been to much pages so i cant find an answer for this IF you all have already posted it. i am in Malaysia. i watch animes by downloading them for all this time. hoo.. (v_v) its quite sad. it's almost climax..
PikaPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 07:05   Link #85
Nephillim

Ah! Fellow South-East Asianer! Hi comrade!

Looks like i'll never get to see anything here. Either an international version thats about a hundred bucks (run the risk of poor subs, but at least i get all the eps), or steal a credit card

Either way, its inconvinient to get anime here in Singapore. Couldn't they at least have waited till it was fully subbed? Oh well, I guess I'll have to pray for that international release. *hides in a corner*
Nephillim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 10:42   Link #86
orochidp
Hide the kids

Meh. I guess the ban warnings weren't enough. Shut up about the legal debate, unless you enjoy being stabbed.

I'm saddened by the loss of this wonderful anime. There's no way I'm buying the DVDs, but I might download them when someone posts the ISO. Man, I love the internet...

Oh well, new anime starts next month, and some of them MUST be good...
orochidp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 15:04   Link #87
Melfice

Im crying

By the way when an anime is licenced is there a place or a url i can d/l it anyway coz chrno crusade gonna miss me ...same for maburaho???
Melfice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 17:43   Link #88
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If there is, we're not going to tell you. It is against our Sacred Forum Rules

PS. I am increasing the ban duration by 1 day every time I have to ban someone for continuing this argument. Does anyone else want to volunteer?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 20:42   Link #89
Anime_Void

Talking

Do people not read the rules or check back? People get banned and than they ask same questions its wierd. Anyway lets end this thread with the fact that CC is licenced you want to finish it Buy it i probbly will split the cost with friends to get all of it.

THE END

unless any1 wants to add?
Anime_Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 00:33   Link #90
Joe Dalton

meh normaly I wouldnt but since you put it that way.... I have a need to anoy mods

too the people saying ooooh im so right cause i buy dvd's.... your dumb jackasses who obviously have no clue that people whine when they are upset. And it makes them upset that they wont be able to finnish watching their favorite shows... it may not be a right but that means they are not allowed to have any emotion about it and share it? so please shut the hell up.

Too the people that feel that they are being ripped off... your not.. in the end all anime is made for money. So just be thankfull that there are people devoted to making fansubs and people devoted to helping you get them like animesuki... it is indeed not a right that you get your anime free... but I agree it sucks they licenced this show... In adition if you look hard enough you can still find these shows pretty easily so have fun watching the rest of these shows even more illigaly like i will be doing

*wanders off into the darkness untill his ban expires*

Edit by NoSanninWa: Incredible. It was so important to have your say that you're willing to be banned for it? I'll let your post stand since you paid such a high price for it. Keep in mind that I am continuing to increment the bans for this offense, so the next one is getting an even longer ban.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-03-19 at 01:56.
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 02:13   Link #91
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
*laughs at the silly people getting banned*

I'm hoping ADV has some Limited Edition products with the release later this year. I know they are not the type to release LE DVD's but this series deserves it. And i heard the series might be longer than 26 eps so who knows how long it will actually be for sure.

Anyway i'll definately be getting this when it comes out.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 02:48   Link #92
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
*laughs at the silly people getting banned*

I'm hoping ADV has some Limited Edition products with the release later this year. I know they are not the type to release LE DVD's but this series deserves it. And i heard the series might be longer than 26 eps so who knows how long it will actually be for sure.

Anyway i'll definately be getting this when it comes out.
They probably will. I'm predicting an artbox, t-shirt, OST (if it's out
by then) and manga (volume 1) deluxe boxset! They'll probably sell
it for close to $90.00USD.

Anyone else, feel like calling the release? Heck, I'll even say Chrono
Crusade DVD Vol. 1 will be out in the last two weeks of November.
Not before, not after but between the 16th and 30th of November.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 04:42   Link #93
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator

Send a message via MSN to skreech
might get banned for this but oh well.......

So Chrno Crusade is licenced in the US now by ADV so everyone is dropping subbing it....right?...right. but here's my thing. Inuyasha is licensed and has been for quite sometime by Viz, BUT it's still getting subbed by a few groups. I guess it all depends on the fan-base and apparently Chrno Crusade's isnt large enough, or it's because the series is considerably shortter.

NoSanninWa comments: This isn't the argument that I am banning, so there is no ban in skreech's immediate future. Thank goodness, I'm tired of having to ban people.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-03-19 at 05:52.
skreech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 05:29   Link #94
anthonyxscotland
Highlander

Thats or its something to do with the fact ADV are more vocal at stopping fansub groups than viz.
anthonyxscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 08:54   Link #95
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Or it's just that the groups doing Crono Crusade happen to be more strict about licensing than the ones doing Inu Yasha.
Old 2004-03-19, 09:58   Link #96
Kira.Yamato

hmmm..... very sad, had waited all week of episode 16 and then they licenes it.
I think it is better to just watch the RAW and don't understand shit then to wait for FALL :S.
If they would be smart enough they would just relese every episode per week for like 1-2dollors each episode for download. much cheaper, faster and more effective.
But, but, but what can we do against these big companys who accuallty care more about the money then the watchers and not the other way around. Time for a hunt after something new, my wensday weekly anime is gone for the moment
Kira.Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 10:46   Link #97
_Riku_

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Now I won't be able to finnish it ;(
and I CAN'T get the dvds! why becasue I live in a little shit land called sweden in europe.You guys who says that u should just buy the DVD, don't know how it is to live in a country wich showes no intrests in anime

now I'll have to watch it raw and don't understand a thing
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 14:30   Link #98
Kira.Yamato

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
NOOOOOOOO!!!

Now I won't be able to finnish it ;(
and I CAN'T get the dvds! why becasue I live in a little shit land called sweden in europe.You guys who says that u should just buy the DVD, don't know how it is to live in a country wich showes no intrests in anime

now I'll have to watch it raw and don't understand a thing
I am Swedish too. You can buy the DVD when it comes but i can tell you it ain't '
18 dollors ( 126kronor ) here its something around 35-50 dollors per DVD here for anime. ^^
Old 2004-03-19, 19:48   Link #99
Togabito_Ion

At least you're not in Japan. They're paying about $60-$85 (the first vol is 8800 yen) per DVD... each one having two episodes on it. Hell, Chapter Zero is a 10 minute DVD and costs 2500 yen. That's roughly $23-$25. Anime isn't cheap. Never has been. Not in the US (though it's cheaper now than it was in the past. I remember paying $50 for a single Ranma tape with 2 episodes... and $40 for a Bubblegum Crisis VHS that was one ep per tape- about 40 minutes) and definately is not in Japan. (VHS tapes have been known to cost about $120-$130. I think the original VHS of episode 2 (ONE EPISODE) of Otaku no Video in Japan was 13,000 yen.)
Togabito_Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 20:34   Link #100
Kira.Yamato

shit. thats some expensiv stuff :O.
We should start some movement for cheaper anime :P