AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-20, 03:52   Link #881
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I don't think it ever was anyones intentions here to make you or anyone else drop it. We are just expressing our opinions us like you do, just differently from yours its negative.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:45   Link #882
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
We will just have to wait.
If Medaka Box can go up, it's a good thing.
Anyway, you can wrote all the things you want, it's not that who will drop me to read the manga. ^^
You won't have to drop it, the way its going atm, its just onna get cancelled LoL
Old 2009-09-20, 13:39   Link #883
Johnny
Working the bags...

For a second I thought I'm mistakenly entered the Valkyria Chronicles thread. Where were only allowed to express positive opinions, and all negative would be deleted...

If someone commenting their bad opinions makes you drop the manga, can you actually blame them...?

Chapter 19 was pretty sad, it looks like the author tried to right all the wrongs with Medaka's little rant. To me it made things worse and then watched her dawn the cape and crown once again.

It's a shame they couldn't switch the art design for Kagijin with this one. I prefer that story over this one, unbelievable as that they may sound...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 13:59   Link #884
ShiroiRyu

Ah no problem...
I will not drop a manga, just if the manga is really bad...
Like Kanokon.
I can't like this shotacon ecchi manga.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 14:12   Link #885
yongshun

Wow Medeka went supersaiyan.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:08   Link #886
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Wow Medeka went supersaiyan.
NO, I would rather her poping up a Majin symbol on the forehead later.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:34   Link #887
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm not sure I understand what Medaka was trying to say. How about just making this simpler, "you hurt my friends, you're going to hell!"

Medaka released some insane ki/chi in this chapter. It's over 9000!
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:55   Link #888
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
It's official. This manga is CRAP! Call me when they once again focus on Zenkichi's job on the student council.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:12   Link #889
Jourdal

Good luck with that happening..

Zen hasn't been the focus of this manga since...was he ever? lmao
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:22   Link #890
Johnny
Working the bags...

He was in the beginning with several requests from that almost "non-existant main theme of this mange" student council box...

The one chapter with the dog was probably the best and then it went downhill like Richard Nixon's political career after Watergate...
Old 2009-09-20, 18:27   Link #891
Sol Falling

lol and as it turns out, yes I liked chapter 19. It finally put Medaka's altruistic personality in some perspective and created some grounds for empathy. Way back at the start of the manga, I had a reaction (upon reflection) pretty similar to Unzen's when it was revealed that Medaka's primary motivation was 'I want to help people'. lol, what kind of self-righteous, small-minded, self-serving goal was that? That went a long way in creating my impression of this manga's mediocrity. Now, however, we can see that Medaka's desire to help people and self-serving care for them probably stems from a deep-seated insecurity about her own worth. As a character who has been given everything (treated too well), this is just as relatable (at least to me) as the repulsion for the small-minded ugliness of humans that Unzen embodies.

Unzen and Medaka are two sides of the same coin. Unzen hates humanity, so he inflicts punishment upon them. Medaka hates herself (because she is human), and, as a result of being loved and praised and honoured despite her own petty humanity, seeks to help others to allieve the guilt of not deserving their good faith. These two basically share the same perspective, at least with regards to what it means to be human. My only hope for this arc's ending now is that Unzen puts up a bit of a fight, if only for show .

Anyway, I really think this thread is pretty...iunno, pathetic, y'know? All these voices coming down on it when the manga is actually finally just starting to show the real thought behind it. It's failure is in taking so long to get into it (as well as not providing so much as even a hint of effective foreshadowing), not its core construction, y'know? Try to appreciate it for what it is (I think unfortunately though it has really failed to draw in an appropriate audience, if all these people raging for romance with Zen really represent it).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:46   Link #892
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol and as it turns out, yes I liked chapter 19. It finally put Medaka's altruistic personality in some perspective and created some grounds for empathy. Way back at the start of the manga, I had a reaction (upon reflection) pretty similar to Unzen's when it was revealed that Medaka's primary motivation was 'I want to help people'. lol, what kind of self-righteous, small-minded, self-serving goal was that? That went a long way in creating my impression of this manga's mediocrity. Now, however, we can see that Medaka's desire to help people and self-serving care for them probably stems from a deep-seated insecurity about her own worth. As a character who has been given everything (treated too well), this is just as relatable (at least to me) as the repulsion for the small-minded ugliness of humans that Unzen embodies.

Unzen and Medaka are two sides of the same coin. Unzen hates humanity, so he inflicts punishment upon them. Medaka hates herself (because she is human), and, as a result of being loved and praised and honoured despite her own petty humanity, seeks to help others to allieve the guilt of not deserving their good faith. These two basically share the same perspective, at least with regards to what it means to be human. My only hope for this arc's ending now is that Unzen puts up a bit of a fight, if only for show .

Anyway, I really think this thread is pretty...iunno, pathetic, y'know? All these voices coming down on it when the manga is actually finally just starting to show the real thought behind it. It's failure is in taking so long to get into it (as well as not providing so much as even a hint of effective foreshadowing), not its core construction, y'know? Try to appreciate it for what it is (I think unfortunately though it has really failed to draw in an appropriate audience, if all these people raging for romance with Zen really represent it).
Diving too deep in a shallow pool?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:56   Link #893
Sol Falling

:P You think? This is Nisio Isin, guy.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:18   Link #894
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Sorry, sorry...

I like this manga, it makes me very happy, I can't stop reading it, I read it every chance I can get, I will always love this manga it's super duper...

Now can you please remove your boot heel off my neck...
Old 2009-09-20, 19:25   Link #895
Jze0
Hmmm...

I can't wait for Goku and Vegeta to duke it out super saiyan style next chapter....... oh wait, wrong manga. Seriously, despite me not understanding what the hell is going on I kind of look forward to Medaka and Unzen's fight (I hope he puts up a good fight). If anything else, at least that will be interesting compared to the rest of the series.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:29   Link #896
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
:P You think? This is Nisio Isin, guy.
So? If it's bad, it's bad. Doesn't matter who it is. We acknowledge he did some great works for his novels, but even some faithful are disappointed in this.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:01   Link #897
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
So? If it's bad, it's bad. Doesn't matter who it is. We acknowledge he did some great works for his novels, but even some faithful are disappointed in this.
I brought up Nisio Isin's name to back that the character depth I am starting to percieve isn't some baseless illusion. Personally, I'd never heard of him before Bakemonogatari, and given what I've seen of his works so far (Bakemonogatari/Medaka Box), if he is called a 'god' of any sort, he is certainly overrated--I am not a 'faithful' by any means. However, his reputation as a light novel writer should, at the very least I think, afford him the benefit of the doubt that when he does eventually get to developing his characters, we trust that he is actually doing it. What I'm saying: hey! With Unzen's introduction and, in this latest chapter, Medaka's development--yes, some worthwhile character depth is being revealed!

Medaka Box has been bad, yes, but it is getting better, not worse. 16, 18, and 19 are showing a general trend; the increased bashing isn't warranted.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:03   Link #898
Jourdal

Now that i've read the chapter im dumbfounded...

I finished with DBZ ages ago...i couldn't even take Medakas confession seriously since it occurred after she pulled off of some hax madness to save every one.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:11   Link #899
aahhsin

rereading some of the comments earlier i don't get you people. you guys praise beezlebub as being awesome, and yet medaka with basically the same premise about a super strong guy beating everyone up, you guys hate her.

Oga and Medaka are basically the same person.

inb4 a bunch of people telling me i'm wrong and start dissecting the two characters. blah blah blah blah blah
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:12   Link #900
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Zen will be back to collect the dragon balls... maybe
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council