AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 00:37   Link #161
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Or Deadpool. Send him to the BETA and they will all be completely wipe out due to his craziness.
Old 2012-09-10, 05:23   Link #162
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

MuvLuv: Comet Chapter 6

Spoiler for Oh crap.:
Old 2012-09-12, 04:17   Link #163
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

To everyone who created a modified Muv-Luv Universe, which parts of the universe did you modify (add/remove) and to what extent?
I'm just curious as to which parts of the universe are considered by many to be "much better off taken out or changed".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 04:37   Link #164
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
To everyone who created a modified Muv-Luv Universe, which parts of the universe did you modify (add/remove) and to what extent?
I'm just curious as to which parts of the universe are considered by many to be "much better off taken out or changed".
As for me, I didn't make Shirogane's become Yuuko's( Alternative verse) pawn ( in the VN it parts major part , how she pull the strings, like the battle hypnosis and stims used on him on the XM 3 trails etc )

Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2012-09-12 at 05:49.
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:21   Link #165
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Or Deadpool. Send him to the BETA and they will all be completely wipe out due to his craziness.
Spoiler for Lol:

Also....

I wonder how well battlemech in Battletech can fight against BETA
I mean,sure,they have one of the most insane firepower in some sci-fi ever
Laser that can vaporise tons of metal?Check
Centimeters thick armor that can take several direct hits from battleship shell?Check

But...the armor are unnaturally weak against melee damage,also they are slow as heck,just slightly faster than modern vehicle(Except for the 20tons mech,they can run ahead of some TSFs)
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 20:14   Link #166
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Why don't we just link the actual thread so people can read for themselves in the interests of better understanding, and judge for themselves whether or not you are actually contradicting a sizable chunk of established canon, without needing you to make 'rough analogies' to color people's perceptions.

Behind the restrained irritation, I think they're making a pretty fair number of good points. Even disregarding all that stuff about G-elements and what exactly a 00 Unit and a 00 Unit candidate are, there's also bits later in the thread about how both troop placements and Hive structure do make your scenario pretty difficult (e.g. comms effective distances, possible BETA entry points in relation to XG-70d and Meiya location, the reason Meiya took so much longer than Takeru to enter the core block, etc.). I won't bother commenting on their reaction to your attitude and your reaction to theirs. As always, feel free to make up whatever you like to suit the scenario in your head, but don't push it as compatible with canon unless you can really say for sure it is.

http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8193676
I think I'll just post these instead

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...discussion.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...comparison.jpg
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 20:37   Link #167
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
I wonder how well battlemech in Battletech can fight against BETA
I mean,sure,they have one of the most insane firepower in some sci-fi ever
Laser that can vaporise tons of metal?Check
Centimeters thick armor that can take several direct hits from battleship shell?Check

But...the armor are unnaturally weak against melee damage,also they are slow as heck,just slightly faster than modern vehicle(Except for the 20tons mech,they can run ahead of some TSFs)
Battlemechs equal BETA rape. Medium lasers put out enough power to kill Destroyers from the front, and are significantly more powerful than that of Laser-class. With proper heat sink setup, you can have several battlemechs holding the line against a BETA horde and just cutting through them like butter.

(This requires building a laserboat and cycling your weapons, not Alpha Striking.)

TSFs will probably still be needed for hive infiltrations, but the main battlemechs will be able to handle most BETA threats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
You're being Yui to the thread, while thread is Yuuya to you.

...jesus that analogy went somewhere I didn't want it to go.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 20:40   Link #168
Esg

Oh man I can't stop laughing
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 20:47   Link #169
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

To modify Hagoshod's Star Wars analogy, he's someone who hasn't see the original movies or read the EU, and has only read a couple of the X-Wing books, and is trying to write a fix fic of the movies using Biggs Darklighter as focal point.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-12, 21:44   Link #170
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

BETA Overkill?

Spoiler for img:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-09-12, 21:51   Link #171
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's tall enough that Laser-class can shoot it, methinks, so I doubt it'd be a good idea to use one of those.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-12, 21:57   Link #172
Micropod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
You're missing bits again.

http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8209349
Micropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 23:01   Link #173
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

As for the personal TSF of Takeru in the fanfic i'm writing I picture this unit in mind
Spoiler for Mecha:
Old 2012-09-12, 23:36   Link #174
tsunade666

^it fits with his name SHIROGANE.
Old 2012-09-13, 00:11   Link #175
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...That's White Glint, isn't it?

...from what I've been told, supposedly Nineball Seraph is a lot more dangerous?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-13, 00:17   Link #176
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...That's White Glint, isn't it?

...from what I've been told, supposedly Nineball Seraph is a lot more dangerous?
Yup its, I want a mech that could pass as TSF ( well there alot of candidates, and as for the white glint quite fond of it design...... and kotobukiya Frame arms series kinda fits in Muv luv mecha

AS for Shirogane Takeru name , it have quite a number of hidden meanings

Like Takeru kanji can be use in warfare , weapons

you can word play Shirogane in Shiroi Hagane ( White Steel)
Old 2012-09-13, 00:26   Link #177
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Battlemechs equal BETA rape. Medium lasers put out enough power to kill Destroyers from the front, and are significantly more powerful than that of Laser-class. With proper heat sink setup, you can have several battlemechs holding the line against a BETA horde and just cutting through them like butter.

(This requires building a laserboat and cycling your weapons, not Alpha Striking.)

TSFs will probably still be needed for hive infiltrations, but the main battlemechs will be able to handle most BETA threats.
I'm sure that you can alpha strike the hell out of top hive first then send battlemechs armed with 10 and 20 autocannon of all variety and TSFs with two swords,one assault cannon and one shield.

And then dakka all the way to the bottom and scream HUMAN BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNNNNN
Old 2012-09-13, 00:33   Link #178
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wild Goose: Dunno. With that size, I doubt that they can penetrate through that thickness of steel or whatever material it is made of.

Old 2012-09-13, 01:28   Link #179
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
I'm sure that you can alpha strike the hell out of top hive first then send battlemechs armed with 10 and 20 autocannon of all variety and TSFs with two swords,one assault cannon and one shield.

And then dakka all the way to the bottom and scream HUMAN BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNNNNN
You could try that, but you'd run out of ammo easily. Also, don't forget that battlemechs are bigger, larger, and not as agile as TSFs - I can see them getting swarmed pretty easily inside hives. Let's not forget how the hives twist and turn...

I'd say use battlemechs to clear the battlefield of BETA hordes, focusing on taking out the Lasers, then use other TSFs to provide additional support. Then, once you get to the hives, use the battlemechs as the heavy hitters while the TSFs infiltrate the hives.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-13, 03:39   Link #180
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
You could try that, but you'd run out of ammo easily. Also, don't forget that battlemechs are bigger, larger, and not as agile as TSFs - I can see them getting swarmed pretty easily inside hives. Let's not forget how the hives twist and turn...

I'd say use battlemechs to clear the battlefield of BETA hordes, focusing on taking out the Lasers, then use other TSFs to provide additional support. Then, once you get to the hives, use the battlemechs as the heavy hitters while the TSFs infiltrate the hives.
Erm....atcually,most TSFs are twice as tall as the tallest battlemech.(Compare Takemikazuchi to Atlas will be awkward considering Atlas name...)

Also,Battlemech's insane firepower allowed them to have one shot multi kill,even the pityful 2 autocannon can rip a hole in BETA herd,as well as their missile launcher that can launch enough missiles to rival Macross and overwhelm laser-class's laser.SRM and MRM would work too well in hive...

A crossover between Battletech and Muvluv would cause even more political shitstorm on the already political shitted world

Tags
fanfiction, harem