AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-19, 11:29   Link #26621
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Reader's Digest parent company files for bankruptcy again

Fck. My. Life. Then again they just simply suck for not using online distribution.
I'd have to say their content utterly sucks. It went zealot wingnut south about a dozen years ago or more.
Old 2013-02-19, 17:58   Link #26622
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

North Korea Shows Barack Obama In Flames

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Weeks after a North Korean video showed an American city razed and ablaze, the hermit kingdom has reportedly released another inflammatory piece of propaganda.

A new video apparently published Sunday shows American soldiers and U.S. President Barack Obama engulfed in flames, with the sequence ending in a simulated nuclear test. According to GlobalPost, the inspirational soundtrack accompanying the footage comes from the Elder Scrolls Oblivion video game series.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2718569.html

Old 2013-02-19, 19:16   Link #26623
kyp275
Meh

one again NK demonstrates its utter inability to create videos beyond the level of elementary school kids
Old 2013-02-19, 20:11   Link #26624
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Some bunch of hams. Don't they have anything more constructive/useful to do in life?
Old 2013-02-19, 20:55   Link #26625
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I lol'd
Honestly though I think this song would have fit better.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I would think North Koreans would appreciate this more than Elder Scroll theme.
Old 2013-02-19, 21:02   Link #26626
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Wait for it....vid getting removed for copyright infringement in 3...2...1
Old 2013-02-19, 23:27   Link #26627
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd have to say their content utterly sucks. It went zealot wingnut south about a dozen years ago or more.
I don't know if you are right; I stopped to read a few years before that.

Exclusive: Apple, Macs hit by hackers who targeted Facebook
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91I10920130219
Old 2013-02-19, 23:45   Link #26628
AnimeFan188

How one man’s lies almost destroyed the comics industry:

"For over half a century, the comic book industry has been dogged by the work of
one man, the anti-comics crusader and psychologist Fredric Wertham. His bestselling
1954 book The Seduction of the Innocent convinced parents and politicians alike
that comics were a direct cause of violence, drug use, and homosexuality among
young people. It led to the restrictive editorial code issued by the Comics Magazine
Association of America, and a national movement to keep comics away from children
and teens.

Though Wertham claimed his evidence came from thousands of case studies, it turns
out that he was lying. A new investigation of Wertham's papers by University of
Illinois information studies professor Carol Tilley has revealed that the psychologist
fabricated, exaggerated, and selectively edited his data to bolster his argument that
comics caused antisocial behavior."

"The debunking of Wertham, many decades after the damage he did with Seduction of
the Innocent, should serve as a warning. Today, many crusaders make the same claims
about videogames that Wertham did about comics. Violence and drug use are routinely
blamed on gaming, in part because of the early "research" that Wertham did."

See:

http://io9.com/5985199/how-one-mans-...=recirculation
Old 2013-02-20, 01:37   Link #26629
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Exclusive: Apple, Macs hit by hackers who targeted Facebook
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91I10920130219
They exploited a security hole in Oracle Java, not so much the OS X operating system itself. Java 7 has known vulnerabilities, so I tried to stick to Java 6. Now I've just decided to disable all the Java-based browser add-ons and extensions because I rarely if ever encounter a Java app on the Internet these days. The article mentions other attacks against Macs via the Adobe Flash plug-in. Again Flash 11 has had a number of security flaws. I seem to get new updates from Adobe every few weeks.
Old 2013-02-20, 05:25   Link #26630
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Some bunch of hams. Don't they have anything more constructive/useful to do in life?
Mister, their constructive work is to demonise the US. They have been doing that since the Soviet Union stopped funding them.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-20, 08:21   Link #26631
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

China says U.S. hacking accusations lack technical proof
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91I06120130220
Well, it would have more weight if it was comming from a third party.
Old 2013-02-20, 10:12   Link #26632
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Actually, they are trying to make the company come up with "proof of penetration" so they could learn about the depth of success. Since such companies conduct studies having sworn secrecy to protect the information, they won't release the full of it.

China is just playing the "if you can't prove it, you are a liar" card. It is all politics.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-20, 12:36   Link #26633
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
How one man’s lies almost destroyed the comics industry:

"For over half a century, the comic book industry has been dogged by the work of
one man, the anti-comics crusader and psychologist Fredric Wertham. His bestselling
1954 book The Seduction of the Innocent convinced parents and politicians alike
that comics were a direct cause of violence, drug use, and homosexuality among
young people. It led to the restrictive editorial code issued by the Comics Magazine
Association of America, and a national movement to keep comics away from children
and teens.

Though Wertham claimed his evidence came from thousands of case studies, it turns
out that he was lying. A new investigation of Wertham's papers by University of
Illinois information studies professor Carol Tilley has revealed that the psychologist
fabricated, exaggerated, and selectively edited his data to bolster his argument that
comics caused antisocial behavior."

"The debunking of Wertham, many decades after the damage he did with Seduction of
the Innocent, should serve as a warning. Today, many crusaders make the same claims
about videogames that Wertham did about comics. Violence and drug use are routinely
blamed on gaming, in part because of the early "research" that Wertham did."

See:

http://io9.com/5985199/how-one-mans-...=recirculation
i really hope the comic book industry sue this guy estate. Too bad he is dead so they can't sue him now through.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:11   Link #26634
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i really hope the comic book industry sue this guy estate. Too bad he is dead so they can't sue him now through.
Well they can rob his grave or vandalise it.

Old 2013-02-20, 14:21   Link #26635
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Quote:
The Yinhe incident (Chinese: 银河号事件) was a claim made in 1993 by the United States government alleging that the China-based regular container ship Yinhe (银河, "Milky Way") was carrying materials for chemical weapons to Iran. The United States Navy forced the Yinhe to stop in the international waters of the Indian Ocean for three weeks. The Chinese government subsequently agreed to have the ship searched in Saudi Arabia by a joint Saudi-U.S. team. The final inspection report, signed by U.S. government representatives, concluded that "the complete inspection of all the containers aboard the Yinhe showed conclusively [that the chemicals] were not among the ship's cargo". Even though the Chinese were proven innocent, the U.S. government refused to apologize "because the United States had acted in good faith on intelligence from a number of sources, all of which proved to be wrong."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinhe_incident
Old 2013-02-20, 14:41   Link #26636
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Portrait of China Cyberspy Unit Emerges

BEIJING (AP) -- Unit 61398 of the People's Liberation Army has been recruiting computer experts for at least a decade. It has made no secret of details of community life such as badminton matches and kindergarten, but its apparent purpose became clear only when a U.S. Internet security firm accused it of conducting a massive hacking campaign against North American targets.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old 2013-02-20, 14:52   Link #26637
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

China mulls BBQ ban in major cities

Quote:
BEIJING - The pressures of severe air pollution have prompted China's environmental watchdog to consider pushing forward a legal ban on barbecues in densely populated urban areas.

Barbecues should be strictly controlled in cities to cut emissions of pollutants, according to a draft technical guideline issued earlier this month by the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) to solicit public opinions.
http://africa.chinadaily.com.cn/chin...t_16241678.htm

Old 2013-02-20, 15:12   Link #26638
AnimeFan188

Chinese Plan to Kill Drug Dealer With Drone Highlights Military Advances:

"China considered using a drone strike in a mountainous region of Southeast Asia
to kill a Myanmar drug lord wanted in the killings of 13 Chinese sailors, but
decided instead to capture him alive, according to an influential state-run
newspaper.

The plan to use a drone, described to the Global Times newspaper by a senior
public security official, highlights China’s increasing capacity in unmanned aerial
warfare, a technology dominated by the United States and used widely by the
Obama administration for the targeted killing of terrorists.

Liu Yuejin, the director of the public security ministry’s antidrug bureau, told the
newspaper that the plan called for using a drone carrying explosives to bomb the
outlaw’s hide-out in the opium-growing area of Myanmar in the Golden Triangle at
the intersection of Laos, Thailand and Vietnam."

See:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/wo...nces.html?_r=0
Old 2013-02-20, 16:36   Link #26639
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Chinese Plan to Kill Drug Dealer With Drone Highlights Military Advances:

See:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/wo...nces.html?_r=0
I plan on doing a lot of things I don't end up doing. Doesn't mean I was capable of doing them. Why would it instantly be the case for anyone else?
Old 2013-02-20, 17:01   Link #26640
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I plan on doing a lot of things I don't end up doing. Doesn't mean I was capable of doing them. Why would it instantly be the case for anyone else?
Sorry? I don't get your point. Drones are a reality. For everyone. I once had a plan to design, build and market extremely cheap ones filled with explosives for military purposes. Unfortunately, the only logical buyers of my product would be .. *ahem* people that are illegal(?) to sell to?

Drones In U.S.: More Unmanned Aircraft Will Be Flying In Domestic Airspace By 2015 (VIDEO)

Following the passage of a bill by Congress earlier this year, it will become easier to get a licence to fly drones in U.S. airspace. Expect to see more of these unmanned aircrafts flying overhead by 2015.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1896839.html

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international