AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-23, 12:31   Link #1181
Dr@g0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Sorry I am at work right now, and no workable wifi around here.
it's fine
Dr@g0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 15:14   Link #1182
Jun pls

Thanks to all the people that added me now :>

Also: I hoped that I wouldn't need that Cloud-boxing that comes in December. But I'm already on my 7th Box
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 15:59   Link #1183
Preciize
Them Feels~

Reposting my FC - 4055-3662-6841

I think I have most people added on here. 3DS username is Preciize and in Pokemon X (friend safari) it should be Tom/Thomas.
Old 2013-10-23, 16:06   Link #1184
Awrya
U mad?

Anyone else thinking the probability of getting shiny pokemon is higher in the friend safari?
Got a shiny Bibarel and Pancham there, haven't encountered one outside safari zone in x/y.
Old 2013-10-23, 17:27   Link #1185
JohnNiles

Quote:
Sorry I am at work right now, and no workable wifi around here.

If you still need that shiny Ditto, I will trade mine to you when you're back. It doesn't have the Imposter ability, so you have to waste a turn as usual to transform.

Finally back from the hotel... working wifi... now I can add codes again. Of course I used up 74 slots already, so... I'll probably have to manage them a bit. Looks like so far only Westlo added me while I was out (who I've now added back).

FC: 3153 3823 5984

Like I said, I may have to delete some codes... I guess it would be courteous to check that the people on the other end have unlocked those 3rd slots before deleting.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 18:03   Link #1186
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
If you still need that shiny Ditto, I will trade mine to you when you're back. It doesn't have the Imposter ability, so you have to waste a turn as usual to transform.

Finally back from the hotel... working wifi... now I can add codes again. Of course I used up 74 slots already, so... I'll probably have to manage them a bit. Looks like so far only Westlo added me while I was out (who I've now added back).

FC: 3153 3823 5984

Like I said, I may have to delete some codes... I guess it would be courteous to check that the people on the other end have unlocked those 3rd slots before deleting.
added you, and my friend code is on the previous page
Old 2013-10-23, 18:49   Link #1187
GDB

I haven't had a chance to beat the e4 yet. Stupid lack of time. I've got 7 badges though, so almost there!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 19:30   Link #1188
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I am going to try the competitive side of the Pokemon and started to breed Pokemon. Thanks to Neki, I was able to breed Gastly with timid nature and perfect iv for Special attack and speed. Should I breed again to other ivs, such as hp, to be perfect? Or is this good enough?
Old 2013-10-23, 22:45   Link #1189
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I am going to try the competitive side of the Pokemon and started to breed Pokemon. Thanks to Neki, I was able to breed Gastly with timid nature and perfect iv for Special attack and speed. Should I breed again to other ivs, such as hp, to be perfect? Or is this good enough?
Well, you met the two stats that Gengar needs most as well as the nature. Many people would stop there, but in my opinion, I would go the distance since IV breeding is a lot easier with the introduction of Destiny Knot and Friend Safari Dittos having a good chance of coming with 2/3 perfect IVs.

If I were to breed Gengar, I would go until I got perfect in HP, Def, Sp. Att, Sp. Def and Speed. Attack is the one you don't need at all.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 01:25   Link #1190
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post

Also: I hoped that I wouldn't need that Cloud-boxing that comes in December. But I'm already on my 7th Box
You get more boxes (up to 15) so don't worry.

That being said... I have 60 Pichu's right now.
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 09:30   Link #1191
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Well, you met the two stats that Gengar needs most as well as the nature. Many people would stop there, but in my opinion, I would go the distance since IV breeding is a lot easier with the introduction of Destiny Knot and Friend Safari Dittos having a good chance of coming with 2/3 perfect IVs.

If I were to breed Gengar, I would go until I got perfect in HP, Def, Sp. Att, Sp. Def and Speed. Attack is the one you don't need at all.
Doesn't seem to be hard at this point after looking at how to do it online. But, I guess I have to resort to some Pokemon inbreeding here .

Also, how would I make a team based on Mega Gengar? The basic thought in my head is create few entry hazards, weaken them, then try to sweep the opponent with Gengar.
Old 2013-10-24, 09:59   Link #1192
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
So after Player A and Player B added each other, if Player A deletes Player B's friend code, Player B will still be able to enter Player A's friend zone when he connects to the internet? And what happens to Player A's friend zone he got from Player B, is it still there or is it gone?
Have you tested it out?
Old 2013-10-24, 10:07   Link #1193
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Doesn't seem to be hard at this point after looking at how to do it online. But, I guess I have to resort to some Pokemon inbreeding here .

Also, how would I make a team based on Mega Gengar? The basic thought in my head is create few entry hazards, weaken them, then try to sweep the opponent with Gengar.
Well, there are two ways to go about it. The first being that you want to form a core, identify one or two other Pokemon who work really well with Gengar in covering his weaknesses, and vice versa. The second being that after you form the core, you assign roles and choose Pokemon which fit those roles best without overlapping with teammates.

For example, stuff that can counter Mega Gengar:
-other Mega evolutions (namely Alakazam, Lucario w/ Bullet Punch, Blastoise)
-Priority users (i.e: Scizor, Talonflame w/ Gale Wings)
-Special walls such as Blissey
-Choice Scarf users such as Latios/Latias (these two won't be available until December, though)
-Bulky Ground types who can tank a hit and return the favor with STAB Earthquake (because MGengar loses Levitate)
-Assault Vest users such as specially defensive Tyranitar

So that's a lot of potential checks and counters to a Pokemon that everyone is extremely scared of. A possible good Pokemon that can cover a lot of those weaknesses, after several minutes of thinking, is Dragonite.

Dragonite makes a good partner to Gengar because he has good bulk to withstand hits, especially with Multiscale, and he resists Ground types with his secondary Flying-type. Furthermore, his movepool allows him to cover a wide number of these threats from the physical aspect, whereas Gengar can cover threats from the special aspect.

In addition, because of Dragonite's weakness to Fairies, it becomes the perfect lure for your opponent to bring a fairy in. At this point, you can switch Dragonite out and trap them with MegaGengar (assuming it already Mega evolved because a switching out has higher priority than Mega Evolving).

To round out your core, your third Pokemon would be something that covers whatever Dragonite and Gengar can't cover. And then from there on out, identify what your team needs. Does it need hazard support, a cleric, phazer, revenge killer; etc etc.

I'll post a few of my setups later after classes.
Old 2013-10-24, 10:16   Link #1194
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So after Player A and Player B added each other, if Player A deletes Player B's friend code, Player B will still be able to enter Player A's friend zone when he connects to the internet? And what happens to Player A's friend zone he got from Player B, is it still there or is it gone?
Have you tested it out?
I haven't personally tested it, but it's been a topic of discussion. It's a natural extension of the way friend codes work- perhaps you've had people on your friends list who never log on and wondered if they've deleted you without you knowing.

Since Player A has deleted Player B's friend code from his side, he loses that friend safari.

If you want to see it in action personally, I'm game. I just nuked a bunch of spots on my friends list.
Old 2013-10-24, 11:54   Link #1195
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
I haven't personally tested it, but it's been a topic of discussion. It's a natural extension of the way friend codes work- perhaps you've had people on your friends list who never log on and wondered if they've deleted you without you knowing.

Since Player A has deleted Player B's friend code from his side, he loses that friend safari.

If you want to see it in action personally, I'm game. I just nuked a bunch of spots on my friends list.
I was thinking about that too when it comes down to O-Powers as well. Does it stack up or overrides the previous ones that you have up.
Old 2013-10-24, 12:00   Link #1196
GDB

You mean like, if multiple people tried to use them on you, or the new "levels" you get from using them? If it's the latter, when you click the button for which power you want, it'll display multiple levels that you can choose from.

For the former, it didn't seem to override my money o-power that was in effect when someone used a speed boosting o-power on me, but not sure if that's because it was used on me mid-battle or what. Not sure what happens if they try to use one you're actively using, either.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 12:09   Link #1197
JohnNiles

Quote:
I was thinking about that too when it comes down to O-Powers as well. Does it stack up or overrides the previous ones that you have up.
Oi, you want your Ditto now? Last night, once I realized which avatar was yours, I tried to trade you. Sorry about the request spamming.
Old 2013-10-24, 13:07   Link #1198
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Oi, you want your Ditto now? Last night, once I realized which avatar was yours, I tried to trade you. Sorry about the request spamming.
Actually keep that, I was looking for one that is Shiny and Imposter ability as well. Besides I can not tell how shiny looks like.
Old 2013-10-24, 13:20   Link #1199
Who

Quote:
Actually keep that, I was looking for one that is Shiny and Imposter ability as well. Besides I can not tell how shiny looks like.
Shiny Ditto's baby blue.
Old 2013-10-24, 17:03   Link #1200
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Anybody else feel the Elite Four this time around was incredibly easy? I managed to defeat them and the champion on my first run without any deaths and with a team of pokemon all of whom had levels lower than the opponent's pokemon.

I had so much more trouble in previous games, but these guys seemed like pushovers. Just me?

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg