AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-10-27, 21:14   Link #1021
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Speaking of Chrono binding his teachers...

~~~~ ~~~~

It doesn't have to be an oversized scythe. As it has been discussed over and over again in the MSLN threads, Fate has a polearms motif going. Scythe, Phalanx, and Bardiche.

It's not that hard to use some other polearm then. There are tons of different types of polearms. Each with its' own unique style of usage.

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-28, 02:50   Link #1022
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
That's a poor excuse to not study English or at least bring somebody in that speaks it fluently before having characters that speak it and nothing but it. RH would be borderline incomprehensible at times without the subtitles.
Actually, one does not need to study english if he doesnt feel like it. And there is no need for it either in RH case. Its a device which speaks rarely in a battle situation to quickly bring the point across. It states a fact or two in a few words and thats it. It brings the point across quickly and thats all thats needed. It would have no use of a vocabulary large enaugh to write a poem simply because there is no use for it.
Old 2006-10-28, 10:53   Link #1023
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Actually, one does not need to study english if he doesnt feel like it. And there is no need for it either in RH case. Its a device which speaks rarely in a battle situation to quickly bring the point across. It states a fact or two in a few words and thats it. It brings the point across quickly and thats all thats needed. It would have no use of a vocabulary large enaugh to write a poem simply because there is no use for it.
"I can be shot." -RH's argument on why it should continue fighting in the second episode

It doesn't even know enough English to get a simple point across.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 13:50   Link #1024
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Aparantly it got the point across, ne? And its all thats needed from it.
Old 2006-10-28, 21:13   Link #1025
haiz123321
Obey me world!

yeah somehow i just think ur biased about their eng being sucks i also like the way they talk and they DO get the point across.

Imagine u fighting 10 very oversized mechical serpents then your weapon giving you a grandmother story about how to defeat them, after the story is finished you would prolly be asleep or dead xD sides you would be very busy dodging their attacks instead of listening so basically your weapon wasted energy giving you a story when you should be busy killing lol XD

although i agree on your "i can be shot" thing, they shoulda used i can be fired or i can be launched or something like that since saying that she can be shot means 1 bullet hits her = T.K.O XD

and i think their english changed @ last episode when reinforce said something then bardiche and RH said sth like Don't worry, take a good journey so basically they gave RH better english and i'm just statisfied with that =)
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 21:24   Link #1026
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Eh?! --Maybe if I ran it through babelfish... ( )
Old 2006-10-28, 22:03   Link #1027
Skane
Anime Snark

Bardiche is the better speaker of the two.

The Doujinshi also pokes fun at Raising Heart's command of English, often recommending Nanoha to feed RH some medicine to cure its' problem. To which RH often tells Nanoha to blow up said recommender.

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-28, 23:40   Link #1028
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I thought that the voice actors for the devices were fluent and the writers gave them crap lines. They have western-sounding names.
Old 2006-10-29, 02:40   Link #1029
haiz123321
Obey me world!

maybe the voices for RH n bardiche are those edited computer voices? (dont really know whats it called)
Old 2006-10-29, 02:50   Link #1030
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I suspected that at first too, but they have voice actors listed on animenfo. I remember someone else around here said the apparent lack of fluency is probably due to them being given lines with no input on the grammar or word choice, and I don't know what else it'd be.
Old 2006-10-29, 04:12   Link #1031
Miles Teg

The voice actress for Raising Heart is Donna Burke, and yes she is fluent in English -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Burke
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 04:17   Link #1032
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i loved the way the magical items spoke not making it grammatically correct give it the personality and makes it unique than if it spoke perfect english...also the sharp short commands make them cool...who would want a long winded chatty weapon in the middle of battle?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 07:22   Link #1033
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
who would want a long winded chatty weapon in the middle of battle?
*points to bloodseeker*

(sorry, couldnt resist )
Old 2006-10-29, 08:05   Link #1034
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i loved the way the magical items spoke not making it grammatically correct give it the personality and makes it unique than if it spoke perfect english...also the sharp short commands make them cool...who would want a long winded chatty weapon in the middle of battle?
you just said what i said o_O

but they would be entertaing though if you need someone to entertain you while ur bored they can say stuff like when i was your age, etc. etc. etc. lol

Off-Topic: btw can someone tell me how 2 adress those edited voices as?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2006-10-29, 11:25   Link #1035
Kikaifan
Blazing General

If you mean artificial voices generated by computer, the term is 'synthetic voice.'

If you mean programs or devices for distorting a person's speech, they just call them 'voice changers.'
Old 2006-10-31, 09:24   Link #1036
haiz123321
Obey me world!

btw was anyone pleased with how the fight with the reinforce's defence program ended? i mean they say that its like all powerful and stuff but what i saw is that it just got it's ass kicked big time i mean it coulda like knock a few members out or just like try to attack them but miss then it would be more intresting dont cha think?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2006-10-31, 09:36   Link #1037
Skane
Anime Snark

Personally, I saw that fight as a chance for all the characters to whore their Ultimates with extreme prejudice and unrestrained overkill. Think of it as violent fanservice.

Narf.
Old 2006-10-31, 09:47   Link #1038
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The final fight was the only downside for the series. It was there for all the characters to show off their biggest, baddest moves and nothing else. Personally i dont understand why the hell the Book of Darkness needed that kind of defense program, because she herself looked A LOT more stronger. (not to mention smarter)
Old 2006-10-31, 11:40   Link #1039
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm imo the book of darkness' defense program didnt fight back at all it wasa good fight an all but it would have been better if the end fight wasnt ended so "easily"? i mean...why didnt fate get tangled up in those tentacles again?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 12:50   Link #1040
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The final fight was the only downside for the series. It was there for all the characters to show off their biggest, baddest moves and nothing else. Personally i dont understand why the hell the Book of Darkness needed that kind of defense program, because she herself looked A LOT more stronger. (not to mention smarter)
Missing the point. 'She herself' was a composite of Hayate, the Admin Program, and the Defense Program, with the Admin program in control. Of course the Defense Program alone and Hayate with the Admin program subordinate to her are weaker and less intelligent than the composite.

The purpose of the Defense Program isn't to kick ass in a fight (which, like you said, the Admin program/composite form does just fine, if a bit ponderously), it's to ensure the immortality of the Book of Darkness, which it did perfectly well until Hayate and the Admin program kicked it out. From there it just went nuts and wouldn't be expected to be effective in tactical combat.